Goodbye My Love

It's okay to love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It has been a few months since Baekhyun and I were official. I didn’t really know how to describe our relationship, there wasn’t an exact word for that. I just knew that I have never been happier than when I was with him, Byun Baekhyun was a lover, a friend, a person who understands me better than anyone.

 

And being the friendly person he was, he easily became close with my family, and the weird thing was that I felt like my parents paid more attention to me now that Baekhyun was my boyfriend. I didn’t know how but things went really well ever since I had Baekhyun. And I wasn’t just saying this because Baekhyun was my boyfriend, it’s a fact.

 

Just like every morning we walked to school together as he picked me up at my house in the morning. Everything was normal except the fact that Baekhyun seemed a little down that morning, unlike his usual self. I was staring at his face for a while as we walked but he didn’t notice. He was holding my hand like usually but there was no feeling to it. It seemed like something was bothering him.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked him and Baekhyun jumped a little so it seemed like he was spacing out. I have never seen Baekhyun like this so it bothered me so much. Was he not feeling well? Was he sick? Did something happen? I was curious! I was worried! But I didn’t want to pressure him, not wanting to demand him to tell me what was going on with him.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He tried to assure me but he knew he failed. He didn’t look fine at all. And I knew when Baekhyun lied. He just couldn’t lie to me or to anyone. He wasn’t the type to lie at all but what made him like that?

 

“Ah! By the way! I was going to tell you this! I got accepted in college!” I announced cheerfully, tried to cheer him up a little. And it worked, Baekhyun was really happy for me when he heard. I was really excited; we will be graduated in less than a week!

 

“Congratulation, Soo!” Baekhyun congratulated me sincerely and I thanked him. I was really scared that I won’t be accepted in any college but it was all thanked to Baekhyun that I passed all my classes, without him I would really stuck with my parents selling chicken for the rest of my life.

 

“What about you? I bet you easily got accepted.” I asked him smiling but Baekhyun’s face fell when he heard what I said. I was staring at his face and he looked all sad so suddenly that impossible thought crossed my mind. Did he not get accepted? But that was impossible! There was no way I got accepted and he didn’t. It should be the other way around.

 

“I’m not going to any college.” Baekhyun said sadly and I was even more confused. What was he talking about? What did he mean he wasn’t going to any college? Did he not want to study anymore? I thought he was really excited to go to college! I thought he wanted to a business man. He said he wanted to work in a big office by himself. What happened to all of that?

 

“What are you talking about?” I asked him, totally confused. It all happened too fast that I didn’t even have enough time to understand the situation but it seemed like it wasn’t the worst news that morning. Because what I was going to hear in a few seconds literally broke my heart.

 

“I’m going to L.A. next week.” Baekhyun said and I just stopped walking. He stopped as well and stared at me worried. I knew something was bothering him but I didn’t know it was something this big. I was totally lost that I didn’t even know how to react. Baekhyun stared at me worriedly, wanting me to say something but I just couldn’t.

 

“I’m really sorry, Kyungsoo. But my parents just told me yesterday that I got accepted by a college over there and they know I wanted that but they didn’t know I have you now. I won’t go if you don’t want me to.” Baekhyun explained in rush as he didn’t want me to get mad at him. But I wasn’t mad at him at that moment; I didn’t even know what exactly that I felt.

 

I was standing there for a few minutes and Baekhyun just stood there also waiting for me to say something. He was waiting patiently. While I was trying hard not to break down, I tried to understand him. I tried not to be selfish when it came to him. It wasn't just anyone, it was Baekhyun, even though I didn’t want him to go, I couldn’t be selfish with him.

 

How could I possibly let him go when I loved him that much? How could I let him go when he was the only one I had? But at the same time, he was Byun Baekhyun, the guy that gave me everything I have ever wanted and just as much, I wanted him to be happy and I knew that going there was what he really wanted.

 

“How long are you going to stay there?” I asked him calmly, telling myself that I could wait for him. 1 or 2 years were nothing. I can be more patient than that but when I he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter