You're funny...

It's okay to love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Just date me already!” Baekhyun said loudly and clearly, not caring if everyone heard him. I just walked straight, ignoring him as he kept on following me. He has been asking me out for a few weeks already and it annoyed the hell out of me. 

 

“For a million times, no!” I always gave him the same answer so I didn’t know why he still hasn’t given up. Why I reject him? It was because I wasn’t even sure if he really, like really liked me. Because last time someone said he liked me, he ended up loving my best friend. And I obviously didn’t want the same mistake to happen again.

 

“What are you waiting for seriously?” He whined and I just stopped walking and turned to frown at him. Every time I said no he kept asking me that question. And I’m tired of answering the same question over and over again.

 

“It’s because I fear love!” I simply told him for countless of times and every time I said that, I meant it. I really fear love now. I didn’t know if I can trust love anymore. The first time I experienced it, it was quite bitter and I honestly didn’t like the bitterness of love at all.

 

“I know that you were hurt. And it’s okay to be hurt. But if you just decide to close your heart and stop loving, are you planning on growing old alone? Living alone with like what? 10 cats?” Baekhyun tried to convince me but it no doubt made me laugh a little but still, it wasn’t a joke when I said I’m afraid to love again. But that didn’t mean I won’t be able to love again.

 

“No! When it’s the right person I will love again.” I told him as that was what I really thought. I really hoped that I will be able to find that person. The one person that I knew I can trust and love,

 

“That person? Can it be me?” Baekhyun suddenly asked and I just felt like laughing at him. Did he think he was in a drama or something? Acting like he was Kim Soo Hyun. And for some reason I felt like messing with him.

 

“No, you can’t.” I said out loud but I didn’t mean what I just said. I was just kidding but he seemed to take it seriously as he just stared at me blankly, emotionless. Worrying that he might really took it personally. I quickly explained to him that I was just kidding.

 

“I’m just joking.” I told him and he seemed a little relief. It was the first time I have seen Baekhyun so unconfident and nervous. He looked scared and worried when I said he can’t be that one person. It wasn’t the Baekhyun we used to know.

 

“Don’t joke like that!” Baekhyun half-shouted at me and I just laughed at him as he looked so happy now compared to a minute ago. His expression was priceless then.

 

“I’m scared.” Baekhyun murmured softly but I could still managed to hear him, every single word he said.

 

“Why are you scared?” I just started laughing again as I really had no idea why he was scared. I just laughed because I found it funny when he announced that he was scared. But when I found out the reason why he was scared, I was kind of speechless.

 

“That I can’t be that one person… I’m scared that you really meant it…” Baekhyun said as he looked at me sincerely, somehow I could see fear in his eyes. He wasn’t lying, I knew he wasn’t. But I seriously didn’t know how to respond. What was I supposed to say?

 

“Well… don’t be.” I just murmured that and walked to my class which was the same class as him. I didn’t have to look at him to know that he was smiling as he followe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter