A Friend Loves At All Times

Angel Ambiance

Even two days later, thoughts of that night still possessed Suho's thoughts. The feeling of Jongdae's soft lips still lingered on his cheek. He thought things would be awkward after that, but their relationship seemed to progress even further. After Jongdae kissed him on the rooftop, they stayed there for a while silently watching the humans and secretly stealing glances at each other. When they deemed it was time to leave, they flew back to heaven together.

 

As much as Suho wanted to see Jongdae all the time, everyday, he just simply couldn’t. Jongdae had his council duties to attend to. He wondered if some poor angel was accepting a fate as cruel as his was. He shook the thought out of his mind and focused on his agenda  for the next couple of days.

 

Since the night of Minseok’s death, he had been trying his best not to draw attention to himself. Although Jongdae seemed to be doing well, oddly enough, the other council members were in a panic. They called many clusters of search teams to look for their beloved member.

 

While Suho walked in the streets with his head hanged low, a female angel approached him. “Do you happen to know where this man is?” she asked while pointing to a small picture of Minseok on a white flyer.

 

Suho shook his head and continued walking down the stone street. A few yards away he could see the little mint blue house whose owner he had missed dearly for the past few years. He ignored the ball of anxiety sitting low in his stomach and continued on.

 

He hesitantly rang the doorbell and waited. “Hold on a sec!” was shouted through the door and Suho chuckled to himself. He sounded just as he had before.

 

The door swung open and there Sehun stood. He looked almost the same as he had five years ago, but there were a few differences. He seemed to have opted for blond hair instead of his natural brown, and his clothes were much more sophisticated than his usual old tee shirt and jeans. He really had grown up.

 

Sehun had a confused look on his face as he asked, “Uh, can I help you?”

 

Suho hadn’t really thought this out that much, which he was now beginning to regret. He hadn’t even decided if he should tell his old friend who he was.  

 

“I’m a new angel and the council sent me here to talk with you since they’re busy trying to find Minseok,” Suho stated trying to come up with a cogent lie.

 

Sehun’s expression immediately changed from stoic to excited. He pulled Suho in and closed the door behind them. After they introduced themselves, Sehun gestured for Suho to sit on the couch and wait for him to come back with snacks and refreshments.

 

While he was waiting, he couldn’t help but explore Sehun’s house with his eyes. He saw the same comic books that were there from years ago that they brought back from the human world. He saw the now tidy corner where Sehun used to throw his dirtied socks. When his eyes fell on a particular photo, his heart began to feel heavy. It was an old picture of him, Sehun, and Yifan.

 

He got up from where he was sitting and made his way to the assortment of pictures over the fireplace. He picked up the one of the three friends and ran his thumb over where him and Yifan were holding hands. All of their smiles were so refulgent. His eyes began to water as he remembered how well they all understood each other. How well they all got along.

 

He missed Yifan, and he missed the old days.The best time in his life was when he had Sehun and Yifan to joke around with and Baekhyun to kiss.

 

Yifan let the jealousy and anger of possibly losing his best friend cloud his mind though; that’s why life is how it is now. He dropped the picture, causing shards of glass to scatter around the floor. His fingers went numb and his heart began to race when he realized he actually missed Baekhyun’s murderer. This isn’t right.

 

His knees began to give out so he sat beside the broken glass with his head in his hands.

 

Sehun came rushing into the room with a startled expression. “Suho?! Are you alright, what’s going on?”

 

Sehun looked down to where Suho was sitting and then to the broken frame beside him. Sadness washed over him as he saw his two long gone best friends covered in broken glass. He thought it was the universe making some sickening metaphor about how their long friendship broke apart as quickly as the frame did.

 

He sat down beside Suho and rubbed his back. He wasn’t quite sure what was wrong, but he wanted to comfort him anyway. Something about him was really appealing to Sehun and he couldn’t put his finger on it.

 

After a few minutes, Sehun gently asked, “Are you ready to talk to me about what happened?”

 

Suho looked up with bloodshot eyes and slowly nodded. He began wiggling his toes. That’s a sign that he’s nervous. That’s a penchant that Junmy-

 

And suddenly it hit Sehun and he stood up looking at Suho wildly. No wonder he felt the need to comfort Suho!

 

Suho was staring straight back up at him. He looked exactly like Junmyeon too. This seemed to confirm his suspicions. His mouth began to open and close while he tried to form words.

 

"You...a-are you?"

 

Suho nodded slowly as both of their tears began falling.

 

"It's me Junmyeon. I'm here again. I'm home," he mumbled in between sobs.

 

All of the memories and the love towards his friend came rushing back. Suho tried to stop shaking, but his body was betraying his mind.

 

Sehun backed up, accidentally knocking over a vase filled with flowers. He said he needed a moment and walked out the door.

 

Suho began to worry that Sehun was going to get the council so that they would send him back to hell, but he knew Sehun wouldn't do that to him. Or at least he hoped not.

 

He began picking up the broken mess while trying his best not to look at Yifan's smiling face. It hurt too much.

 

When Sehun returned, he once again looked calm and collected. Suho managed to stop crying as well.

 

Suho explained everything to Sehun, leaving out no details. He had to be honest with Sehun. Even though his days were now full of faux friends and lies, he just couldn't be the same way with him.

 

Sehun was listening to every word intently and not saying a word. Occasionally he would nod or put his hand over Suho's to comfort him.

 

When Suho was finished, Sehun seemed to be lost in thought for a while.

 

Finally he spoke up, "I don't understand one thing though. How did the halo accept you? It doesn't make sense."

 

Suho shrugged and explained he wasn't sure either. He just pinned it on finally having good luck.

 

The silence that followed made Suho regret coming here at all. He worried that he would no longer be welcome in Sehun’s life. But a few moments later Sehun began talking to him as he did when he was still known as Junmyeon. A sigh of relief escaped his lips and a smile replaced his seemingly permanent frown.

 

Hours passed as the two friends caught up with each other's lives. No more questions were asked, and Sehun didn't acknowledge Suho's revenge. He was glad about this, he didn't want Sehun to get too involved. He still felt like he needed to protect the young angel.

 

Sehun announced he had a boyfriend named Yixing now, and Suho excitedly congratulated him. He talked about how Yixing worked at the gates guarding where the human souls lived.

 

A lump formed in Suho's throat at the thought of Baekhyun's soul.

 

Sehun must of caught on to Suho's pained expression. "Most angels can't visit the human souls, but I was able to one day when Yixing snuck me in. When I found Baekhyun, he had no idea who I was. Thanks a lot for not mentioning me to your boyfriend, ol faithful friend. But anyways, after I explained I was a good friend of yours, he opened up immediately. He asked how you were and how you were handling his death. I really didn't have the heart to explain that you were in hell or how you killed three angels. I lied to him and told him you were devastated, but were trying to move on. He looked like he was doing well though. I'm sorry I lied, Junmyeon. Or Suho. I'm not sure what to call you, really."

 

Suho smiled and punched Sehun lightly. "Well I never got around to introducing you two, and call me Junmyeon still you big dope. Just be careful about when and where you say it. Thank you, Sehun, for checking on him. I really..really appreciate it. And also thank you for lying, I would like Baekhyun to still think of me as who I once was. I don't like who I have become, but one day I need to tell him the truth. I will one day."

 

Suho felt as if a small weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. He was beyond happy Baekhyun was doing well, and he was relieved that Baekhyun still loved him without knowing what happened after his death.


Even after the sun went down in heaven, a light was still on in a little mint blue house where two friends conversed into the later hours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello! This is yet another.. lighter chapter. After this one though, expect more death and angst haha. Thank you guys for all the support! I'm getting closer to 1,000 views and 50 subscribers. That means so much to me! All the comments always make me smile too. If you have a question or are confused about anything, don't hesistate to ask! Thank you all so much. ^^