You Have Not Received Mercy

Angel Ambiance

Two weeks later, Suho was back into his own house. Life went on as normal and quietly, almost too quiet. He had been visiting Jongdae almost every day, and on the days he didn’t, he rested at home. It was comforting to be buried under the covers and pushing all his thoughts and his agenda deeper into his mind. Thoughts of Jongdae surfaced which caused him to be in a delusional, happy state of mind.

 

Since the funeral, talk of Zitao and Minseok’s disappearance simmered down to almost silence. People were moving on. Because of this, Suho was going to move on with his revenge.

 

His next target would be Jongin, and he planned to hit that target tonight. He was the sharpest thorn with his overflowing confidence and charisma that one could sense from miles away.  

 

Since he had been around Jongdae often, he was able to learn information about the council members that no one else knew.

 

Jongin lived on one of the highest clouds in heaven. His home was surrounded by tall trees that blocked any onlookers vision.

 

Suho dressed in an all black ensemble and grabbed his weapon of choice, his sword, and began the long walk to the lofty cloud.

 

It was a cold night. The bitter and sharp chill seeped through his shoes and ran to his head. A shiver set through his body, but he kept walking. He chose to walk instead of fly in order to avoid being caught. His demon wings were black instead of an angelic white, so there was a possibility of someone spotting him and reporting it to the council in a panic.

 

Suho saw close to no one as he trudged through the little layer of snow sticking to the brick path below him. This relieved his stressed mind. If there were no angels around, it would give him a better opportunity to get away with the murder.

 

After walking for a few hours, Suho finally approached the cloud that Jongin lived on. He looked up at it in awe. Suho imagined this to be like humans when they see the tall skyscrapers for the first time.

 

The cloud reached at least over 600 meters above him. Small puffs of air left his lips and lingered in the atmosphere before disappearing.

He looked around for a path or way to reach the cloud. Suho didn’t waste energy looking for long though. He figured Jongin didn’t make a path so that other angels couldn’t make it up there easily.

 

He concluded that he would have to fly. He looked behind him to make sure no one was in sight. When he confirmed that he was alone, he spread his dark wings.

 

Making it up to such a height would be a struggle for the demon. Demon wings weren’t as full as angels were, for they were meant to stay in hell. They weren’t meant to be flying around above the scorching hot inferno.

 

Suho took in a deep breath and attempted to rid his body and mind of anxiety. He bounced on the balls of his feet then took off towards the cloud.

 

The harsh winter wind bit at his cheeks and knocked the breath out of him. He continued upwards in a rush so that he could actually make it to the tall cloud.

 

When he was almost there, he could already feel his body becoming fatigued and his will power fading away. An image of Baekhyun popped into his mind and prevailed him onwards.

 

His fingertips finally felt the softness of the cloud and he hoisted himself to sit on top of it. He laid down onto his back and panted. His limbs and wings were burning from the physical strain and his face was stinging from the intense cold.

 

Blackness crept into his vision, so he closed his eyes tightly. After a few moments passed and the world around him stopped spinning, he slowly opened his eyes and rose to his feet.

 

In the distance he could see Jongin’s house. The walk didn’t seem too far, but flying would be much more convenient. Now he was positive that there weren’t angels around him, so he flew in the direction of Jongin’s home.


When he reached the front yard, alarms began to blare over a loud speaker and lights flashed in all directions. His already weak state was no match to the security system. He fell out of the sky and his body thumped onto the cold snow below him, his body limp.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN:

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I apologize that it's so short, but I plan on it being a double-update kind of thing. I'm planning on the next chapter being posted this Sunday. I'm sososo sorry I've been irregular with updating recently. I feel really, really bad about it, but I hope you all can understand. I was working on Halloween oneshots the past two weeks and I've also just picked up writing a blog post every Friday for my city newspaper. I also write articles for them and, of course, I have school. SO I've been pretty busy lately. But I really want to become better about updating!

OKAY SO this story is slowly starting to come to an end. I expect there to be less than 10 chapters left! I hope you all will be satisfied with the ending.

Thank you all so much for the support. <333 Comments are loved and appreciated!