Above All, Love Deeply

Angel Ambiance

For the past month, Suho and Jongdae had been sickeningly lovey-dovey. Glances lingered and fingertips brushed hands. They had both been overflowing with happiness. The pair were content with just being around each other.

 

For only a month’s time, Suho was able to let go of everything that darkened his mind. He felt free. He felt like he belonged in heaven; he belonged with Jongdae. Even with such freedom swirling in his mind, a voice kept plaguing his mind and weighing down his soul.  

 

Suho was aware of all the blood that stained his hands and the body count caused by his actions. Six. He killed six angels in total. The guilt seemed almost unbearable now. While being in hell heightened his lust for revenge, being in heaven returned his morals to him. He had feelings now, and he wasn’t sure how to feel about it.

 

While he loved to be able to shower Jongdae in affection and admiration due to him gaining his emotions, it also meant the sadness deep within him was threatening to explode.

 

On nights where he was curled about beside Jongdae on the couch, he was able to forget about these burdens that were heavy on his shoulders. But when he was alone, he knew there was one more angel to kill. He knew he had to do it for Baekhyun. Even though he found a new love, he would not give up on him and Baekhyun. Suho had to kill Luhan.

 

He had one more day of freedom though. Tonight was the Spring Festival. Every start of a new season, heaven would celebrate by gathering all of the angels together.

 

Jongdae suggested going with Sehun and Yixing. He took a liking to Yixing while Suho remained best friends with Sehun. It had been so long since they last saw each other, so Suho could only agree.

 

~~~

 

Suho walked along the path that connected his house to Jongdae’s. He could tell that spring was arriving, so a smile reached across his face. It had always been his favorite season in heaven. He loved how the cherry blossom trees began to bloom, the clouds became fluffier, and the air became sweeter. A gust of wind hit his cheeks and made him shiver. He should’ve brought a coat with him because the harsh winter air still mingled with the warmness of spring.

 

He could hear Sehun loudly talking to Yixing and Jongdae by the time he reached his lover’s house. They were all standing on the front porch waiting for him. Suho greeted Sehun and Yixing with a tight hug then Jongdae with a peck on the lips.

 

Suho took notice of Jongdae not wearing a coat or a scarf. The weather would only become cooler as the day progressed into night.

 

“Jongdae, come with me inside for a moment.”

 

Jongdae nodded and followed, albeit confusedly. Suho silently grabbed Jongdae’s coat and scarf off of the coat rack and wrapped them around him. A light blush tinted Jongdae’s face. He always felt flustered when Suho would do little things to make him feel warm and protected.

 

Jongdae brought him down for another sweet kiss, then they both headed outside. Sehun was already pulling Yixing down the path towards the festival.

 

“Hey! Wait up!” Jongdae yelled while beginning to pull Suho along just as Sehun was doing to his boyfriend.

 

They reached the festival in no time due to two eager partners. Awe filled all of their eyes as they took in the scenery around them. It was set up almost like a carnival would be in the human world. Tents lined the area with games, food, rides, and musicians sang on a stage. Beautiful cherry blossoms and flowers made the area look almost chimerical. But everyone knew they weren’t imagining it.

 

Sehun eagerly suggested them eating first, and the rest immediately agreed. Their stomachs were beginning to growl rather loudly. They found a quaint little restaurant that was serving classical carnival food. Sehun slid inside a booth beside of Suho and Yixing sat beside Jongdae.

 

“What are you guys planning to do after we eat?” Yixing asked.

 

There were so many activities that no one knew where to even begin. Yixing and Jongdae decided to try out the games while Sehun and Suho wanted to do a little shopping.

 

All four of them ate quickly before parting ways. Sehun and Suho walked side by side to a jewelry shop with their hands sitting in their pockets.

“How are you, Suho? I worry about you all the time.”

 

Suho turned to Sehun with a small smile. He didn’t want anyone to stress over him, especially Sehun. He always felt the need to protect him; maybe it’s the age difference.

 

“I’m doing well. I feel a lot better now that I’ve found someone like Jongdae. It’s like he sends electricity through my soul and awakens me. I still feel guilt for what I’ve done, but my mission here isn’t over yet. I have to finish this. But don’t worry about me, Sehun. I’ll be fine.”

 

A few moments passed away in silence. Sehun ceased his movements and turned to Suho. A few people grunted at the abrupt stop and angrily passed by them. Neither of them paid any mind to this though. Sehun gave Suho a reassuring hug. No words or reply was needed. Sehun released all of his emotions into the hug.

 

They shook off all negative feelings and walked into the shop.

 

Many fine jewelries were displayed all over the store. Rings, bracelets, necklaces, and watches made of only the finest stones sparkled in the sunlight coming through a large window. They browsed together and tried to find something worth buying. Something they knew they would always wear. They weren’t the richest souls in heaven, so they had to spend wisely.

 

Suho stopped when he found a pair of promise rings with two hearts made of diamonds decorating them. Jongdae immediately crossed his mind. He had been terrified of commitment. He was scared that as soon as he committed to Jongdae, he would slip right from his fingertips.

 

Despite his fears, he took the rings and brought him to the counter. Maybe they would give him a stronger sense of security. Plus, he would love to give something to Jongdae to repay him for all he has done.

 

He requested for the jeweler to engrave J&J into the ring. He wasn’t even thinking of using his pseudo name instead.

 

Sehun came to the counter carrying a set of rings too, except he announced that his were engagement rings. He was planning on proposing in a few days.

 

“Looks like we pretty much had the same idea! I’m sure they’ll love them. I don’t know about Jongdae, but Yixing has always been such a er for romance,” Sehun laughed.

 

Suho laughed, agreeing that Jongdae was the same way sometimes. They paid for their rings then exited the store with a ball of nerves and excitement settling into their stomachs.

 

~~~

 

Jongdae was more competitive and loud while Yixing was nonchalant and quiet. Jongdae thought it was unfair and pouted when Yixing won almost every game against him. The only thing he could beat him at was the balloon pop. And that may have been because Yixing became distracted and watched a man play the guitar.

 

Despite their differences, it was fun to hang out with Yixing. He had never had a friend he could feel comfortable around. While he had the council members, it was always more business than anything else. Plus, he often didn’t agree with their corruption of power and morals. He also had Suho, but he was more of a lover than a friend. It was refreshing to be around Yixing.

 

Carrying the mass amount of teddy bears due to all of Yixing’s wins became a little too much, so they plopped down on a bench. Yixing left to grab them water bottles while Jongdae admired the plushies. He had always secretly been obsessed with them.

 

Yixing smiled as he came back to notice Jongdae looking at the teddy bears with a sparkle in his eyes.

 

“Here you go. And you can keep half of the bears! I would give you all of them, but Sehun would kill me if I did. He loves sleeping with them while I’m on the night shift at work.”

 

Jongdae gratefully accepted the watter bottle and chugged down half of it.

 

“Are you sure? I mean you really don’t have to! I don’t want to take them away from you or Sehun.”

 

Yixing nodded and waved his hand in front of him, signaling for Jongdae to take his pick.

 

Jongdae smiled broadly and picked six out of the bunch that appealed to him.

 

“Thank you so much, you’re so kind! Oh, and did you say night shift? Where do you work again?”

 

“It’s really not a problem! And I work as a guard at the area that keeps the human souls. Weirdly enough, a lot of people try to sneak in. My guess is to see people they knew in their human life.”

 

Jongdae nodded and was about to reply, but then hands wrapped around his waist and lips kissed the top of his head. He jumped up, startled.

 

Suho laughed and sat beside him. Yixing and Sehun shared a kiss in front of them.

 

“XingXing! Did you win me all of these plushies? You’re the best boyfriend ever,” Sehun announced.

 

Yixing jokingly rolled his eyes and pushed the teddy bears over to his boyfriend.

 

“And did you win me all of these, Dae?” Suho asked.

 

Jongdae began to laugh and shake his head no.

 

“Actually, Yixing over here is the carnival champion! He beat me in almost every game. He was just kind enough to let me have half of his wins.”

 

The foursome conversed some more before saying their goodbyes and parting ways. Sehun and Yixing were kind enough to take all the plushies with them and drop them off at Jongdae’s house. Sehun and Yixing had to go home; Jongdae and Suho wanted to see more of the festival.

 

They listened to a few bands and solo performers sing and play on the stage. The whole audience was dancing and the pair couldn’t help but join in. Neither Jongdae or Suho were blessed with amazing dance talent, but they didn’t mind. It was fun to giggle at each other during the fast songs and sneak kisses during the slow ones. They didn’t even realize it had became dark until fireworks began to light the sky. Chorus’ of ooh's and aah's were heard around them. Jongdae stared at the fireworks in amazement while Suho stared at him. Jongdae turned to him and smiled. They leaned in until their lips touched and they kissed in a way that could only be described as one full of love. Their foreheads touched and they whispered, “I love you’s”.

 

Suho knew that now was the perfect time to present the rings. His soul felt so full yet so light. He was confident in what Jongdae’s response would be.

 

Suho intertwined his fingers with Jongdae’s and they began walking into the huge garden. Suho knew just the spot.

 

The flowers around them set an even more romantic mood. The garden ended and opened up to a forest of cherry blossoms. Pink petals dusted the ground beneath them. They decided to sit under the biggest one they could find. Fireworks still burst into the black sky behind them.

 

The moment was perfect. This was exactly where Suho wanted to be in life. Sitting beside Jongdae, the man he loved, with a soul bursting of joy.

 

Suho reached into his back pocket and pulled out the small red box that held the rings. Jongdae gasped as Suho slowly opened the box.

 

“Jongdae, I saw these in the store and could only think of you. I wanted to give you this promise ring to show my commitment. I’ll always be here for you. I’ll always be around to love you, protect you, laugh with you, and live with you. I promise you all of these things. Can you promise me the same?”

 

Jongdae looked up at him with tears in his eyes. All of his emotions overcame him. Suho felt his cheeks also becoming wet. In this moment, neither of them would change a thing.

 

“Yes, Suho. I can promise you the same. I love you so much."


Suho slid the ring onto Jongdae’s slender finger while he did the same to him. Behind the garden and in the forest of cherry blossoms, the two made love to each other under the moonlight.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN: Hello! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Please comment your thoughts. They always brighten my day and encourage me to write more. I'm so sorry that I took a month to update. I never wanted the updates to be so long, but I was busy. Not busy with things like school and whatnot. But busy with getting back into my routine and having time for myself. I finally found the motivation to write, so hopefully the next update will be much quicker. I hope you all can understand! I hope you all have a great days ahead c: