In The Beginning (2)

Angel Ambiance

Once Junmyeon arrived in heaven, the higher-ups immediately started discussing whether they should deem him virtuous enough to remain in heaven. Angels have killed before, but never that many in such a short amount of time.

 

A council was called to decide his fate; to be cast down from heaven or be allowed to stay. On the day of the trial, Junmyeon slowly walked to the courthouse where his trial would be held. He wanted to enjoy heaven as much as possible while he still had the chance. He stopped and examined the most beautiful flowers; he sat down to play with the fluffs of cloud.

Instead of going straight to the courthouse as he was ordered, Junmyeon took a different path that led to Sehun’s house. Other than Yifan, Sehun was his favorite angel to spend time with.

He knocked on the door to his mint blue house and Sehun came running after a muffled, “hold on a sec!”

The door swung open and Sehun’s jaw dropped. Sehun definitely wasn’t expecting to see Junmyeon. He quickly gave Junmyeon a hug then ushered him into his home before anyone saw. The higher-ups hated to be disobeyed.

Junmyeon, why are you here? Are you okay? Wait that was a stupid question of course you’re not okay! I’m really sorry about all that happened,” Sehun rambled into Junmyeon’s head before wrapping him into a tighter, longer embrace.

I came by because this will probably be my last day in heaven, and I wanted to say bye to you. If they cast me down, it won’t be the same as if I fell on my own. I would go to hell, Sehun.

Sehun sighed and looked down at his thumbs, fiddling with them. He could never figure out the right thing to say.

I know, Junmyeon. I know. But you’re a good angel! They might let you stay.

Junmyeon forced out a laugh and replied, “There’s a chance they could, but there’s a higher chance they won’t. I think of you as a brother, Sehun. Please take care of yourself once I’m gone, okay? And please don’t forget about this old angel.

Both of the boys flashed sad smiles and held each other in their arms for a few more minutes. Once they pulled away, both of their shoulders were damp.

    

~~~

 

Junmyeon walked into the gates of the enormous courthouse to see an angel waiting by the door to him to the room where the trial would be held. Once he arrived, he saw a group of five men seated in a half-circle. He concluded in his mind that these were the angels that would decide if he remained an angel or would get cast down.

When he got a little closer, he could recognize all of them. All angels were beautiful, but these five really stuck out amongst others. Their names were Jondgae, Jongin, Minseok, Zitao, and Luhan.

Jongdae was known as the amiable council member. He was the rose atop many thorns. While he was more friendly than the rest, he was still serious about his job as a councilmember.

Jongin was a charismatic man, he gave off an aura of confidence and power. He used his charm to lure people into doing what he and the council members wanted. He was definitely the sharpest thorn.

Zitao was the youngest of the group, but he was also definitely the strongest. His knowledge of martial arts was useful to the council when they needed to make someone disappear.

Luhan had an innocent face, but he was far from it. His favorite pastime was sleeping around with other angels to get what he needed. People nicknamed him ‘Heaven’s Golddigger’.

Minseok was the stem that held them all together, he was strong and authoritative. The other angels on the council looked up to him and respected him. He was the calmest amongst them all.

Although the council was supposed to be virtuous, everyone knew they committed more sins than any other angel in heaven. Of course, no one spoke of this. They would soon disappear otherwise.

Minseok spoke up, “Please have a seat Mr. Kim Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon did as he was told and sat in the middle of the half-circle. The five pairs of eyes boring down onto him made him uncomfortable, so he began squirming in his seat.

After an hour of recapping how Baekhyun and Junmyeon were in love, Junmyeon wished to fall to be with Baekhyun, Junmyeon and Yifan’s relationship, and the scene at the warehouse, the five councilmen went to discuss the verdict.

Junmyeon started quietly sobbing into his hands. How did everything turn out so wrong? I could’ve been with Baekhyun right now. I killed three angels, and one of them was my best friend. They deserved it right? I’m a good man, right?

He couldn’t help but doubt his innocence. But whenever he thought of Baekhyun’s lifeless body on the cold, stone floor of the warehouse, all the anger came rushing back.

He heard the men coming back into the room, so he quickly wiped away his tears and pushed the thoughts out of his mind. He sat up straight and put his hands in his tear soaked lap, trying to look composed.

“With a vote of four out of five, we the councilmen, sentence you to be cast from heaven. Killing three angels is an unheavenly deed. Go to hell, Kim Junmyeon. And don’t come back,” spat Jongin.