You Will Know The Truth

Angel Ambiance

Jongdae felt nothing but content and pure bliss as he sat at his desk with his journal below him. The old, brown book looked so plain from the outside. It’s crinkled edges and dark tan pages gave away it’s age.

 

Inside though, it held vivid and colorful stories. Dark tales of his past regrets and bright adventures with Suho painted the pages.

 

Jongdae had been in heaven for what felt like an eternity. When he first came, he was like all the other angels. He was happy to begin a new life but sad and nostalgic when  he remembered memories of the old.

 

His days passed by normally. He would simply contribute to heaven’s society by selling coffee to other angels in a small shop. It wasn’t exciting, but each day was spent peacefully.

 

There wasn’t a government or power in heaven at that time. It wasn’t necessary then. All of the angels were in perfect harmony.

 

That was until angels began to turn against each other. Heaven began to mirror the high crime in the human world. Murderers and thieves began to plague heaven’s peaceful atmosphere.

 

The oldest angels in heaven couldn’t and wouldn’t watch their world they helped build fall apart. Every angel was given a test to complete and turn into the higher-ups. No one questioned it or rebelled against it. They knew it was for the better of heaven.

 

The test scored the angels’ intelligence, strength abilities, and problem solving processes. The angels that scored the highest would be asked to form a council. The Protective and Judicial Council of Heaven.

 

Jongdae was surprised when two higher-ups knocked on his door. At first, fear filled his core as he worried he did something wrong. Relief and pride soon replaced the fear as he was told he would be one of the angels who would protect heaven.

 

At first, the council did nothing but judge and analyze the wrongdoings of angels. All of them were humble and down to earth. They were equals with the rest of heaven as they should be.

 

Soon enough, though, the power began to corrupt some of them. Jongdae felt as if he was the only one on the council who was correctly judging their cases. The others found joy in the power to ruin angels’ lives. It sickened Jongdae.

 

Jongin knew he was significantly more attractive and charming than most angels. He would use this to play mind games with innocent angels.

 

Zitao abused his knowledge of martial arts and used it to torture angels the council found guilty.

 

Luhan always received what he wanted by sneaking into angel’s pants.

 

And then there was Minseok. While he still agreed to what the others did, he never initiated the incorrect behavior. He tried his best to keep them all stable and sane. Jongdae became the closest to him.

 

He still loved his brothers, though. He didn’t have room in his heart for hate. That’s why it still saddened him when they were brutally murdered. He hoped to one day avenge their deaths. If he outlived their killer, of course.

 

As he flipped through the pages of his life, Jongdae felt many emotions tangle into his heart. Guilt over the past. Sadness and grief because of the death of his brothers. Anxiety over being killed next. Safety in Junmyeon’s arms. Hope for a new chapter in his life. Love for his Suho.

 

He reached for his pen but sat it back down as his ring Suho gave him caught the light. It was so beautiful. Not only the ring itself but also the love it represented. He slid it off and twirled it in between the pads of his fingers.

 

Taking a closer look, he realized that there was an engraving on the inside of the ring. J&J. Jongdae’s eyebrows knitted into confusion. He stared at it for a while before deciding it was probably the jeweler's mistake.

 

Loud and frantic pounding on his door woke him out of his daze. Jongdae sighed and carefully tucked his journal away. The peace around his mind shattered to the ground like glass.

 

He urgently made his way to the door. He was afraid something had happened to Suho again. It would hurt him greatly to see his strong man so weak once again.

 

The door swung open to reveal Luhan who was panting and had a look of panic and pure rage on his face.

 

“Luhan? What’s the matter with y-”

 

Jongdae was cut off by Luhan pushing him down onto his couch. He landing with an oof and shot Luhan a menacing glare.

 

“You’re going to need to sit down for this, sweetie. Do you remember that case we covered about five years ago? The one with an angel named Junmyeon who slaughtered three angels?”

 

“Yes, I do, Luhan. How does this explain why you barged into my house so late at night and pushed me down?”

 

Luhan leaned down so that he was eye level with Jongdae. His arms landed on his shoulders and began to frantically shake him.

 

“Junmyeon is back and he has killed our brothers! I have just barely escaped that fate! And you know what the sick part is? All this time Suho pretended to be close to us. Hell, he’s even been ing you for god’s sake!”

 

There was an emotion in Luhan’s eyes that Jongdae has never seen before. Helplessness. Luhan had always been strong. He never once showed any sign of weakness.

 

What Luhan said finally registered in Jongdae’s mind. His head tilted to the side like a confused puppy’s would. He remained surprisingly calm inspite of Luhan’s hysterics.

 

“What does Suho have anything to do with this?! Or our relationship?!” Jondae snapped. He suddenly felt very defensive and angry.

 

Luhan titled his head back and let out a deranged laugh. The look in his eyes sent chills down Jongdae’s spine.

 

“He has everything to do with this! Suho is Junmyeon! How could we not have noticed this before?” Luhan shouted while pulling at his hair.

 

He grabbed Jongdae’s hand and dragged him up. Jongdae hardly put up a fight and allowed himself to be flung around.

 

“He’ll be here any minute now, so we don’t have time to flee. I need your sword so we can fight instead.”

 

Luhan rushed up the stairs to retrieve the sword. The sword he hoped to end everything with. He dreamed of peace and no more death after he killed Junmyeon.

 

Luhan acknowledged that the council committed a lot of immoral deeds. Instead of correcting them, he would sleep around to forget. Forgetting was so much easier than facing the truth.

 

He found Jongdae on the corner of the couch rapidly shaking his head back and forth. He refused to believe what Luhan told him. Suho could never do those things. Especially not to him. Luhan had officially lost it.

 

Luhan felt his chest hurt at the sight. While they weren’t very close, he could only imagine the pain Jongdae was going through. A strong determination coursed through his veins. He was going to fight to not only save himself, but he was also going to save his only remaining brother.

 

The door once again swung open. Only this time, Junmyeon stood in the doorway with a guilty and pained expression on his face. He had foolishly thought that Jongdae would never find out about his dark secrets. It felt as if the connection between him and Jongdae broke in half.

 

Jongdae didn’t even raise his head to look at him. He continued to shake his head with a blank stare and tears running down his red cheeks.

 

Anger flamed inside of Junmyeon. Luhan and the other council members took having closure after Baekhyun’s death from him, but Luhan sure as hell wasn’t going to take Jongdae from him. He wasn’t going to allow their love to die so easily. He was going to fight for it even if it resulted in his death. He wasn’t going to let Luhan decide the verdict this time.

 

He drew his sword and lunged for Luhan with an angered shout tearing through his throat. The tip of the blade sliced Luhan’s thigh and blood began to trickle down his leg. Luhan cursed and brought his sword up only to have it blocked by Junmyeon’s.

 

Luhan raised his knee and hit him in his groin. Junmyeon stumbled back with a cry of pain and Luhan found his opportunity.

 

He jumped towards Junmyeon then tumbled to the ground with him. A loud thud resonated around the room and Jongdae continued to only stare in a state of equanimity.

 

Luhan straddled Junmyeon then raised his sword and attempted to plunge it into his grace. Junmyeon rolled out of the way quickly and rose to his feet. He kicked Luhan to the floor with his foot on the small of his back.

 

Luhan felt his nose began to bleed and his head start to pound. Junmyeon smirked as he thought he had Luhan right where he needed him. Junmyeon traced his sword from the tip of his shoulder blade down towards his . Tears in Luhan’s shirts revealed lines of crimson.

 

Luhan cried out in agony and clenched his fists together. He couldn’t let it end this way.

 

He began thrashing around on the floor to throw Junmyeon off balance. It was his last hope.

 

Luhan smirked in victory as Junmyeon fell backwards. Junmyeon’s face twisted in pain as his ankle became distorted and his wrist broke when he hit the floor. Reacting quick, Luhan grabbed his sword and straddled him once again. He was merciless as he began to torture Junmyeon by slicing every inch of his body. Luhan wanted him to suffer. Junmyeon didn’t deserve a quick and mostly painless death, he thought. Screams filled the house and echoed off of the walls.

 

Junmyeon felt like this was it. He closed his eyes as pleasant memories with Baekhyun and Jongdae began to fill his mind. Falling in love had been so sweet and so risky, but does this tragic ending prove to be worth it? Was his original plan to fall from heaven worth it for love? Was losing one lover to meet another worth all the new memories? Was lying to him worth all of the sweet kisses? Was putting their lives in danger worth a few months of romance?

 

Yes. Love is always worth it.


 

~~

 

Junmyeon’s screams woke Jongdae out of his trance. Junmyeon he thought. Whether his name was Suho or Junmyeon, he was still the only one Jongdae loved. And he wouldn’t dare allow Luhan to take him away from him. He wanted that choice for himself.

 

Quietly sneaking away into the kitchen, he opened the drawer and grabbed something he hoped he wouldn’t ever need to use. He snuck it in from the human world after feeling terrified that he would be killed next. This could definitely protect him. It could save Junmyeon.

 

He made his way back into his living room and stared at the scene unfolding in front of him. Luhan’s sword was inches away from ridding Junmyeon from the universe permanently.

 

Jongdae hesitated only for a moment as he aimed the gun and pulled the trigger. Luhan fell limp against Junmyeon and Jongdae sunk down into the floor.

 

Long moments passed with Junmyeon trying to find the strength to move and his brain trying to catch up with all that had happened. Jongdae loudly sobbed with his head in his hands.

 

Jongdae felt hands on his own and he looked up while flinching away.

 

Junmyeon looked into his eyes and began to whisper, “Jongdae…”

 

Jongdae shook his head and pointed towards the door where a crowd was sure to be gathering soon.


“Leave, Junmyeon. Just please leave and don’t come back. Please.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AN: I'm really truly sorry that I haven't updated in two months. I hoped it would never come to this, but I just wasn't motivated at all. I finally found inspiration to write in the form of meeting one of my favorite authors! I hope that the inspiration sticks around and I can update again soon.

I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter! I love you guys. Please comment and tell me what you think. What do you guys think is going to happen to suchen?

Ps. please give love to Chanyeol on Instagram and other sns if you can. The amount of hate he's getting is so upsetting.