He Will Wipe Every Tear From His Eyes

Angel Ambiance

Suho couldn't help staring as Jongdae buttoned his suit. His slim fingers slid each button through the holes carefully. He moved on to fixing his cuffs and finally putting on his tie. There was something alluring about how concentrated and manly he looked. The suit made him look very pulchritudinous. Of course, Jongdae was beautiful in every way possible, but the way the material clung to his thighs made them look extremely appealing.

 

Jongdae glanced at his reflection in the mirror and their eyes met. Suho blushed and quickly looked down, for he was caught. Jongdae smirked and continued getting dressed. He wiggled his , giving Suho a little show. If he was staring, Jongdae was going to make sure he enjoyed the view.

 

Suho’s jaw dropped open and he turned away before it all became too much. He put his staring to an end and put on his suit as well. Today their plans were to go to the funeral of Zitao and Minseok.    

 

While they were waiting for the big hand on the clock to reach three, Jongdae voiced his sorrow and grief about his missing friends.

 

"Even though I don't agree with a lot of decisions the other council members make, we were all close friends. It's hard not knowing exactly what happened or why. Or whether they're dead or alive. It's so painful, Suho."

 

Suho swallowed hard and fought against his watering eyes from letting a tear escape. He wished he could give Jongdae the answers he needed, but he would hate him in return. And that would be the second most painful thing he ever experienced.

 

Instead, he patted Jongdae's back and pulled him into a hug. They didn't care if their suits became wrinkled; it didn't matter. They were smoothing the creases in their hearts.

 

 

~~~

 

 

When they arrived at the venue for the funeral, Suho observed his surroundings. Millions of white roses lined the room. Hundreds of people with frowning faces wore black suits or black dresses. Sniffles could be heard from all around. The door was left open, which allowed a harsh breeze to permeate the air. It chilled Suho’s already cold and broken soul.

 

A few weeks ago, Suho would be glad to be the cause of this. He would be glad to see other people feel the suffocating feeling that he felt when Baekhyun died. His revenge was fueled from the fires of hell. But now, heaven's purity gave him feelings and emotions once again. Feelings other than blind rage and a thirst for revenge. Emotions that consisted of guilt, remorse, happiness, and love. He loved Jongdae. He loved Jongdae profoundly, but he was a council member. He was a council member that he would have to kill. It pained Suho to know what he had to do to Jongdae in the future.

 

Baekhyun's death was still fresh in his mind, though. He had to do this for Baekhyun, his first love. Soon it would be Jongdae's funeral he would be attending. For now, though, he would push that to the back of his mind and love Jongdae with all his soul.

 

They sat in golden chairs reserved for the council members in the front of the room. The chairs around them were filled with Jongin, Luhan, and their plus one's. Well, Luhan had a few plus ones. Suho learned it was common for Luhan to have more than a couple of men and women surrounding him. It seemed to only become worse with the stress of the disappearance of Zitao and Minseok. Three women and two men were at his sides. Suho sat beside one of Luhan's women and she winked at him seductively. Suho shuddered and turned back to Jongdae.

 

Jongdae was talking to Jongin and his girlfriend, Stefania. They seemed nice enough, but Suho was only interested in keeping quiet and staring ahead. Minseok and Zitao's framed pictures were looking down at him. Seeing their faces caused his guilt to grow. He felt as if the walls were closing in on him and a huge spotlight was shining down on his figure, letting everyone know what he did.

 

His breathing began to quicken, but then Jongdae slid his hand into Suho’s. Their intertwined fingers immediately had a calming effect on him. Jongdae brought him back to reality. He intended to comfort Jongdae through this tough day too.

 

The service began and the crowd grew silent. Speeches were made about how wonderful Zitao and Minseok were as men and as council members. Suho expected the remaining three council members to give speeches, but they all remained in their seats. He was relieved though; he couldn't handle hearing Jongdae get all choked up on stage.

 

Every now and then, Jongdae would strengthen his hold on Suho's hand, and Suho would gently rub at Jongdae's knuckles. When the service ended, they all stood up and were led outside to where the empty coffins were being lowered into the ground. Even though Minseok and Zitao weren't proven dead and angel's bodies disintegrate when they die, it was still done to provide some closure.

 

When the two coffins were barely visible from above, Jongdae finally broke. Suho heard a soft sob beside him and he turned to see tears dripping down Jongdae's face.

 

Suho knew that Jongdae was a public figure and that he probably didn’t want to be seen crying. He was a strong leader to the public eye. If he cracked, the rest of the community would follow.

 

Suho guided Jongdae down a narrow path that led to a small rose garden. Jongdae leaned on Suho for support, his face buried in the back of his suit.

 

When they arrived at the small garden, they made their way to the center where a small fountain was sprouting water. No words were exchanged between the two. None were needed.

 

The sweet scent of roses filling their nostrils and the calming trickle of water coaxed Jongdae’s trembling body into relaxing.

 

Suho lifted Jongdae's head slowly by his chin. He rose to his tip-toes and wiped away Jongdae's tears then kissed the wet trails on his face.


He kept kissing downwards until he reached Jongdae's soft lips. Suho searched his eyes for approval before pulling him into a passionate kiss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN:

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^ I'm very sorry for taking forever to update! I think I have pretty valid excuses, though. Last weekend was my birthday, so I was super busy celebrating all weekend. And this weekend I went camping. I hope you all understand! I try my best to update regularly, but sometimes things do come up.

I'd really appreciate it if you all would comment! Questions are welcome as well. Don't be afraid to ask if your confused about anything. Creating a little world is hard to do; I hope I don't leave out any important details.

And thank you TheBaozi for my wonderful cover photo. I really, really appreciate it. <3333