In The Beginning (1)

Angel Ambiance

Junmyeon spread his wings and rapidly flew to the warehouse where his love lay dead. He received an order from heaven to pick up a dead body. Sehun sounded off as he explained the situation in Junmyeon’s head. Angels never had to use phones, they mostly communicated with each other through thought. When Sehun let him know that Baekhyun was dead, the color drained from his face, making his already pale skin appear translucent.

A million questions went through the blond’s head. How did he die? I left him at home safely watching cartoons a few hours ago. Why the hell is he in a warehouse? It must’ve been murder, huh? I’m going to terminate whoever has done this.

A tear rolled down his cheek, and he hastily wiped it away. Now wasn’t a time to wallow in his sorrows. He finally made it to the rusty garage door off the warehouse. He heard talking inside, but it wasn’t the language of the human’s, it was his own tongue. Something’s definitely off. He willed the door to open, but it flew off behind him instead. He was too angry to control his power. The lights started flickering insanely, making his presence known.

Two angels he didn’t recognize turned from Baekhyun’s body, and Junmyeon unsheathed the sword inside of his scabbard. The blood dripping from their hands and staining their shirts told him all he needed to know.

He advanced towards the two angels who stood there in shock. They were obviously too scared to fight back. Junmyeon could tell by their pleading in his head. “Please don’t do this, Junmyeon! You’re an angel, you’re better than this! We didn’t want to do this. We were threatened by him! If we didn’t do this, we would die.”  

Junmyeon snarled, “Well boys, you’re going to die anyway.”   He grabbed them by their brown hair mixed with blood and slammed their heads into the wall. Junmyeon annihilated both of them fairly easily. They had  almost no fighting skills against angels, they were trained to kill humans. They were angels who weren’t important. Just hired to do the dirty errands of their boss.

Junmyeon kneeled down next to Baekhyun who was already long gone. The tears started staining Junmyeon’s red cheeks, then falling onto his lover’s body. “No...Nonono, Baekhyun! Please wake up, please. You can’t leave now. We were about to live a life together..no,” Junmyeon pleaded while he tried to shake Baekhyun back to life. Junmyeon let out a loud sob, accepting reality. He began leaving little kisses all over Baekhyun’s drained face while still chanting “no”.

“You know that’s useless, Junmyeon”, a familiar voice whispered into his skull. Junmyeon hastily stood up and glared at his best friend, Yifan.

Yifan then started his pleading, “I’m sorry, but I had to do this Junmyeon. I couldn’t, wouldn’t, let you fall from heaven for such a petty human. You have a job in heaven. You have me. And that’s all you needed. I love you, Junmyeon. Why did you have to interact with the humans?!  It wasn’t supposed to be this way. But you left me with no choice. Please forgive me, Junmyeon. We have a bright future ahead of us. One filled with love and happiness. Grab the boy and lets go.”

Junmyeon’s fists were clenched the entire time Yifan was giving his little speech. Yifan spoke of a future of happiness and love, but all Junmyeon saw was a future filled with despair. He was planning on falling from heaven in a week’s time to be with Baekhyun until they grew old. Yifan took that right from his fingertips, so Junmyeon was going to get his revenge.

You actually thought I was going to forgive you after you killed the man I love?! Think again, Yifan,”  Junmyeon spat.

Yifan’s face went from pleading to surprised within seconds. And within a few more seconds Junmyeon had him pinned up against the warehouse wall. He raised his sword once again and pointed it at Yifan’s heart. He tried to struggle against Junmyeon, but it was no use, he had him cornered.

Junmyeon...please don’t. I’m sorry, I love you,”   Yifan continued begging for his life. Junmyeon rolled his eyes then killed the only person other than Baekhyun that he deeply cared for.

Now Junmyeon was all alone; he lost his lover and his best friend. He knew there would be hell to pay once he arrived back in heaven, but all he could think about was how numb he felt. He felt his eyes sting as he extracted Baekhyun’s soul, but the tears were no longer able to flow.

He then flew to heaven’s door in the alley two blocks away to let Baekhyun’s soul peacefully rest. Junmyeon briefly wonders if Baekhyun knows that it’s him who’s holding him. That Baekhyun’s soul might find comfort in Junmyeon’s warm hold. Those thoughts were quickly dispelled when he sees two higher-up angels waiting at the door. Junmyeon gulps.