Chapter: Nine!

Game: Over!

I had never seen anything as beautiful as this in my entire life.  The water was so clear, it looked like the surface was very shallow but I knew that if I were to dive in, I would most likely never reach the depth of the water.  The skies were also clear, no cloud daring to tamper with it's perfection.  The temperature was neither hot, cold, nor humid.  The premises that we were residing within was a cute little cottage.  It was centered in the middle of a square-shaped dock, leaving a small lake between the pathway and the house before the ocean was outstretched beyond the dock.

"Om...  Omo..."  My face took on an extremely shocked expression as I absorbed my surroundings, halting upon the large doc.

"Can you hurry please, or at least get out of my way?"

The cold tone was set but it hardly effected my.  I couldn't take much notice of Jungsu right now.  I felt so mesmerised by the landscapes around me.  I stepped aside, dragging my suitcase with me and let the impatient man walk by.  Dazed by my surroundings, I placed my suitcase on the doorstep but sat down on the edge of the doc.  I placed my bare feet in the water and embraced the comfortable warmth of it's touch.

"What are you doing?"

"It's so beautiful..."  A tear escape my eye.  The sights were so overwhelming.  I just couldn't contain my emotions.  I smiled and laughed bashfully, "I'm so silly, please forgive me.  I won't bother you if you'd like to get settled?"

"No, I think I'll sit out here.  The sun is just setting too.  We got here just in time."  I glanced at Jungsu.  The glow of the fading sunshine accentuated his features and, while he stared at the natural event, I appreciated the time I had to admire his beauty as well.  I wasn't sure what had gotten into me, but I couldn't help notice it.  Jungsu looked so beautiful at that moment and it tugged harshly at something within me.  I stood up to take myself away from these strange thoughts, but upon moving to stand I tripped and fell right into the water.  "Yahh, be careful pabo!"

But I couldn't hear Jungsu's call.  I spluttered and coughed the water from my lungs and wiped viciously at the water on my face.  My breaths came in fast, sharp gasps and upon opening my eyes, I was mortified to see Jungsu smiling so brightly.  "Wha...  Why are...  Why are you so happy?  That was really scary," I stuttered, feeling so mortified of my clumsiness.  I certainly chose the worst moments to do the most stupidest of things.  And why on Earth was Jungsu smiling that way?

"Is the water hot?"

I felt a little taken aback by his diverting question, but obediently nodded.  I watched, confused, as Jungsu stood and began ing his shirt.  "O...  I...  Wh...  What ar...  What are you doing Jungsu-ssi!?"

"Why are you closing your eyes, we're married?  What do you think I'm doing?  I'm coming in the water too of course."

He said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.  Removing his shirt, socks and trousers - I refused to let my eyes open until I felt the water ripple around me and I knew he had entered the water.  His hair clung damp to his forehead and I could barely peel my eyes from him as he stared straight back at me.

I blushed such a deep shade of crimson and started to make my way back towards the dock.  Reaching for the wood, I scrambled and tried my hardest to pull myself upwards but to no avail.  "Jeez, don't you have any upper body strength at all?"  I yelped and fell back into the water, sighing and shaking my head frustratingly.  Jungsu laughed.  His laughter caused more ripples to vibrate throughout the water and I once again caught myself blushing and bowing my head to avoid eye-contact.  "There is a set of wooden ladders over here for you to climb.  I didn't think anyone would ever actually need them but I guess I was wrong...  You're such a big baby Park Hyojin."

My eyes shot open as he called me that.  I began to swim hastily towards the ladders, dunking my head under the water and screwing my eyes shut leaving my hands to feel my way in the water.  I dragged myself up to the dock but my clothes were so heavy due to the water and stuck to my skin.  I shook my arms and began to trudge towards the cottage.

The cottage was magnificent.  It was warm and cosy and a small fire crackled in the fireplace, creating the most beautiful atmosphere.  I tiptoed towards the bathroom, trying my hardest not to get the floor wet.  I lit a candle and began to peel my clothes off and dry myself up.

When I emerged from the bathroom in my pajama shorts and vest top, Jungsu was still outside in the lake.  I was really worried about him being in the water for so long.  The water was warm but still I found myself making my way towards the dock.  Setting myself down on the dock, I let my feet rest in the liquid once more.  Jungsu turned to face me, his arms and legs waving gracefully to keep himself afloat.

"You can get sicky if you stay in the water for a long time," I whispered, keeping my eyes on my fidgeting hands.  He never made any recognition of hearing my words and I began to doubt I had said it loud enough when I felt wetness on my legs.  Jungsu had placed his hands on the dock, caging my feet in the water, and hoisted himself up to look at me.  I stared at him.

"Your eyes are always so sad.  Why?"

"I...  I'm no...  not too su...  sure, Ju...  Jungsu-ssi..."  God, I hated my stammer so much.  I felt ridiculous!  Crimson caressed my cheeks and Jungsu laughed quietly to himself, his smile reaching his eyes which stared at me so interestingly.  I had never felt so confused before.  I refused to let myself be swayed by such a demeanor.  I remembered the time in the streets where I had once felt my heart beat so furiously and then I remembered Jungsu's awakening and the pain I suddenly felt.  I wouldn't let that happen again.

Angered, I placed my hands on his chest and tried to push him back.  "I...  I don...  I don't want, Jungsu-ssi..."  He would not be budged.  He hardly moved at all, in fact.  I shuddered and tried harder but to no avail.  He just stared at me with those eyes that, at this moment, I hated so much.

"You're my wife, yet you don't want me to look at you like a husband should?"  I shook my head stubbornly and began sliding back on the dock.  That only motivated Jungsu however as he carried himself onto the dock and I paused.  What was he playing at?  He hated me.  Why would he act this way for a person he hates so much?

Jungsu's finger cupper underneath my chin and brought my face up to look at him.  His face was so close.  So, so close.  My breaths came quickly and I had no idea why my heart felt this way.  How could he control me like this?  In the streets, right now...  I knew they were acts and yet I couldn't help but feel drawn and there was no way I could ever escape such a grasp.  I let my eyes close and was prepared to feel the pain in the morning when Jungsu returned to his isolated persona.

But that's when he laughed.  It was a quiet laugh.  So quiet that I wasn't sure I even heard it at all.  My eyes flew open and still, his face was in the exact same place.  Staring at me, humour written all over his face.  And then I saw it.  Behind Jungsu, a small flash from the bushes on another part of the island.  There was no doubt about it.  It had been an act.  Paparazzi were here and Jungsu had played me the whole night.  From taking my luggage inside to stripping and joining me in the water to helping me find the ladders and to the romantic embrace he had me in now.

Fury reverberated throughout me.  It burst inside me and flooded every part of me.  It shot out of my eyes and was directed at Jungsu.

I slapped him.  Again, his head hardly moved.  The humour in his eyes disappeared yet still the smile on his face was present.  I slapped him again.  And again.  I slapped him and cried and I wasn't sure why, but it felt good.  I was so humiliated and angry at myself more than him, but sharing my frustration felt amazing.  His hands gripped my wrists and pinned me down so I wriggled and struggled.

"You're horrible!" I spat at him.  Tears flooded from my eyes and I was appalled to see a hurt look appear on his face.  He looked confused but I couldn't care about that.  It was probably an act for his stupid photographer!

"You are going to calm down right now.  You are going to hold my hand and I am going to lead you inside.  If you comply, you won't get hurt.

"You are so horrible!  I hate you!  I HATE YOU!" I couldn't control it.  Words streamed from my mouth as the tears fell like raindrobs.  Suddenly he gripped at me tightly and pulled me up.  He carried me inside the cottage despite my weak attempts to get down.  "Why do you act this way!?  Why do you act so loving and look so beautiful and then you stab me with the sharpest blade!?  Why can't you just leave me alone to deal with my feelings if you hate me so much!?  I hate this!"

"Why?  Why!?  Because then were would the fun come into this?  If I'm going to be married to a disgusting brat for the rest of my life then I'm going to get some fun out of it!  You can sleep on the floor.  I'm tired and since I'm paying for this rubbish then the bed's mine."

With that he left.  Doors slammed and I slumped to the floor.  He was so cold.  He was vicious and violent without using any force at all.  His aura grabbed me and shook me and left me numb and broken.  I hated this contract.  I hated this marriage.  I hated this resort.  I hated Park Jungsu.

I had no idea why I loved him already.

--

[A/N: Annyeong-haseyo~ ヽ(。・ω・。)ノ

What.  The.  Fudge?  ⁽(◍˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑)

I'm not sure how many people will fell about this chapter.  I think I'll just upload it without writing much of an author's note.  I'd love to hear your opinions so please comment.  I've come to realise that a few people prefer to message me with their opinions rather than commenting and I don't mind that, it makes me so happy to read your messages so if you feel you have feelings to express but feel uncomfortable publishing them publicly, then you're more than welcome to mail me here also! о(ж>▽<)y ☆ 

I look forward to the next update.  ˚‧*♡ॢ˃̶̤̀◡˂̶̤́♡ॢ*‧˚  Please, please, please share your thoughts.  I don't want to rush the story and I feel like a huge progression was made in this chapter so if you feel like it was too soon or anything please let me know.  I can't fix things if I don't know about them, afterall~ ⸂⸂⸜(രᴗര๑)⸝⸃⸃

I feel so blessed to have the readers that I do.  There is a small selection of readers who message me frequently and I love reading their messages so much.  They motivate and inspire me to continue writing and I can honestly say that if it wasn't for their consistent support, my fanfic probably wouldn't have gotten this far.  So thank you so much to those readers and I hope you understand how grateful I truly am~ ∗˚(* ˃̤൬˂̤ *)˚∗

Love and light,

-Kang Hyekyo ෆ⃛(ٛ⌯ॢ˃ ɪ ˂ٛ⌯ॢ) ]