Chapter: Twelve!

Game: Over!

Leeteuk stood in the hallway with both of the suitcases still in his hand.  He looked at me as I neared the top step and smiled his bright, wide grin that sent my heart beating into oblivion.  He looked so beautiful even in his black sweats and a white oversized teeshirt that was half tucked into his sweats and half left hanging out, creating a reckless look that still looked perfect.

"I'm going to put your suitcase in my room.  We can move your things in now if you'd like?  It's stupid that we're married yet we have separate rooms.  It's not good for us," his voice tugged at me.  How could I reply to that?  Would we move my bed into his room too?  Surely there wasn't enough room for that...  I gawked at the many sides of Park Jungsu.  He never failed to leave me wondering at how he managed to be so spontaneous.

"I don't understand."

"But do you consent?"

Hesitantly, I nodded my head.  He took my suitcase into his bedroom and I strolled into mine.  I looked around just like I had in my last moments in my prior home.  Unlike that time, however, I was not sad.  I felt no depression weighing my heart down.  I felt hopeful.  I longed for the progressions to be made in the future as my heart encased the progressions being made now in the present.  I was excited and yearning and when Jungsu entered the doorway to gaze at me, I couldn't help but smile back and proclaim, "What should I move?"

Laughing, he shook his head, "Leave it to me."

Letting my excitement get the better of me, I sat at the study desk and pondered, "Should I call for Miyoung?  She was busy with the laundry, but she might like to help too!"

As soon as I said the words, I regretted them immediately.  Jungsu looked at me bewildered.  His lips appeared firm, forming a fine line.  His face became expressionless.  Straightening his spine, he stood powerfully by my wardrobe, "What did you just say?"

"Mi...  Miyoung, the maid, she might like to help, right?  She's really kind and we've been getting along great, I jus-"

"What the do you mean by that?  'The maid'?  We don't have a maid," he stalked out of the room and I was quick to follow.  His strides were fast and long and I was practically running to keep up with him as he went downstairs, "'Doing the laundry?'  If you're lying I want to know what the is going on."

My mind was racing.  My heart was racing.  I struggled to keep up with his increasing speed.  I couldn't understand what was going on.  Jungsu forced the utility door open with enough strength that it swung and crashed against the adjacent wall and left the sound waves wracking through my body.  Miyoung sat on a chair.  A small collection of clothes laid neatly before her on the table.  I noted that all of the clothes on the table were seemingly owned by Jungsu whereas the clothes left slung in the washing basket clearly belonged to me.  I looked at the girl.  It was as if we never walked in.  She hardly flinched with the whack of the door against the wall and despite the glare Jungsu had on his face, she didn't once look up at him.  She continued to spread out his clothes on the table, keeping them linear.

"Annyeong Oppa~"

The voice was nothing I had heard before.  Unlike the voice I had heard her speak before, this one was lighter and flowed in a higher pitch.  She sounded cute yet my stomach churned.  I looked at Jungsu and his features were still expressionless, but I saw something.  For only a second, I saw something in his eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

"Wahh, so mean Oppa!  You're not even going to hug me hello?"  She pouted, still not taking her hands or eyes from his clothes.  I covered my mouth and went to leave the room but a steel grasp stopped me from moving.

"Miyoung, you have to leave."

"Make her leave Oppa, this is our home, don't you remember?"  Jungsu's posture became more stern.  I watched as he took the form of a statue.  A beautiful statue.  He faced Miyoung with his shoulders squared but I could feel the slight tremor in his grip on my hand.  His grip tightened and I squirmed, my knees hitting the floor as my free hand flew over Jungsu's, trying to loosen his hold.  Miyoung's laugh reverberated through my bones.

"Get out Miyoung."

She looked at him.  I had never seen her eyes look so endless.  Their was no life in them, no hope and no sense of self.  I wanted to help her.  I wanted to stick up for her and let her stay, but I could hardly speak for the pain radiating where Jungsu gripped my arm.  Also, with the way Miyoung looked at him, it made me feel sick.  I had no idea what was going on, but all traces of the man I came home with were gone and I could only wonder if he would ever return.  Miyoung stood slowly and rounded the table, sauntering towards my husband.

For the first time in my life, I felt possessive.  I felt jealous and I felt protective.  I didn't want her near him.  I hated that almost unnoticeable look in his eyes when he saw her.  My heart hurt and with my free hand, I clutched at my chest.  Miyoung brought her hands up and from Jungsu's chest, over his shoulders before clasping her fingers together at the back of his neck.  Bile rose in my throat and I fought to keep it down.

"Wha...  What's going on..."

"Shut up Hyojin."  Jungsu snapped.  My lip quivered and I could only watch as she stared at him, hunger in her eyes.  She wanted him.  And he wasn't pushing her away.

Jungsu's grip loosened and I took the opportunity to wrench my hand free.  My skin was bruised where he had held it and I rubbed at it profusely.  Tears welled from my eyes and I was surprised to find my way out of the kitchen and through the front door without crashing into anything.  I couldn't stay.  I couldn't watch that.  My heart burned so bad that I could hardly breathe.  I sat on the front porch and rocked myself behind the pillar, hoping none of the neighbours would take notice of me.  I had nowhere else to go after all.

* * *

I had no recollection of fallen asleep until I felt myself being carried.  Opening my eyes, I found myself drifting half way up the steps.  Jungsu's face was still set in stone.  His arms were rigid beneath me.

"I...  I can...  I can walk, Jungsu-ssi..."

He placed me down, my bare feet touching the cold floor and sending a shiver through me.  "How did you find her?"

Confusion claimed my face.  "I didn't find her, you hired her."

"She isn't a maid, why would I hire her as one?  You said she'd been here for a while.  How do you know her?"

"She introduced herself to me as our maid.  Regardless, the subject is of no concern now.  It's clear that you two have a history and I don't wish to come between it.  I'll call Henry now to collect me and take me home."

I was about to turn away when Jungsu took my hand.  His touch was feather light compared to the vice grip he used before.  He used his other fingertips to trace the markings of the bruises on my forearm caused by him earlier.  I wouldn't have turned to face him if I hadn't heard the thud.  Jungsu dropped to his knees and it was only then that I realised he was crying.

Alarm shook me.  I stood still.  I had no idea what to do.  Tears leaked down his cheeks and fell onto the floor beneath him, the sound making my ears ring like tidal waves crashing violently against dry sand.  Even his tears fell elegantly.

I knelt with him.  In front of him.  Facing him and carefully began wiping at the tears on his face.  I wanted to take the pain away.  Whatever he was feeling, I wanted to take it away and replace it with happiness.  I wanted to fill his memories with rainbows.  I wanted to replace the stern expressions with loving ones.  I wanted to be in his arms like Miyoung was just hours before.  But I could never be so bold.

"I love you," the words ripped at my chest.  It took everything to force them out.  And when he just stared at me, I felt so humiliated.  I felt bare and hurt and couldn't face looking him in the eye so I kept my head lowered as my fingers fidgeted in my lap.

"You love my persona.  My ego.  My image."

"I hate your ego.  I hate your image even more.  They hurt me.  They stop you from loving me.  They make you cold and ruthless and scary.  I love the Park Jungsu I was with just hours before.  I love the Jungsu who plays with my hair and makes me feel special.  I love the Jungsu who kisses me and makes me feel like only girls in books are supposed to feel.  As for your ego and your image, I hate them more than you can imagine.  But I won't be her."

"What are you talking about?"

"I wont be Lee Miyoung.  I'm not her and I'll never be her.  So if you don't mind, I'd like to call Henry now."

I didn't think he would reply.  Silence made the small distance between us seem like miles.  Seconds stretched and felt like hours.  "I don't want you to be her.  I want you."

Unable to stop the tears anymore, I was surprised when my voice came out almost strong and unwavering.  "Don't lie to me.  I...  I won't be a...  a side piece..."

Jungsu's fist slammed against the wall beside my head.  I flinched and still refused to look at him until his fingers cupped my jaw and forced me to see him.  His eyes inspected me.  Inspected the quivering of my bottom lip and the tears on my cheek, the knotting of my eyebrows.  Yet still his face was impassive despite the tears in his eyes also.

I couldn't stop him when he kissed me.  My body betrayed me and succumbed to him, eyes closing and heart thumping against my chest.  I felt his lips merge with mine and was powerless to stop the world from fading away, leaving us in our own private motion.  Our tears mixed together, coating our lips and creating an elixir that burned my throat.  I didn't want to taste his tears.  I wanted him to smile.  But my heart ached and I refused to come to terms with watching him love another.  I couldn't.  Not now and not ever.

Nudging at his chest, I broke the contact and gasped, panting in air and staring blindly at the floor.

"Nado saranghae, Hyojin-ah."

--

[A/N: Annyeong-haseyo~!  ꒒ ০ ⌵ ୧ ♡

Before I say anything, I MUSTMUSTMUST say a HUGGGGEEEEEEE thank you to EeteuksAngel for being such an amazing Unnie!  I honestly have no idea how I'll every repay her, she does everything to make me so happy and I can't help but feel so grateful towards her.  If anyone was wondering, it was Unnie who submitted the ad for this story which resulted in so many subscribers.  It probably doesn't seem like all that much, but it's a lot to me - when I saw the number of subscribers that I had gained, I couldn't believe it!  It was so surreal for me, so I have to really thank Unnie for making it possible~ (♡´͈༝`͈)ฅ˒˒

On another note, I'd also like to thank the many more subscribers for their amazing comments/private messages.  I was surprised when I logged in and suddenly I had so many messages on my wall and a lot of private messages all giving me lots of support, and the many comments that were left on this story also made me so happy.  So thank you all so much for taking the time to read my story, comment on it and/or post on my wall/send me a private message.  It meant the world to me when I saw your sincere support and it motivated me a lot!  ٩(๑•◡-๑)۶ⒽⓤⒼ❤

This chapter is the first of the dual update this week and I hope that it isn't badly written or anything.  I really can't wait to post the next chapter either, I'm going to get started on it right this second as soon as I upload this one, so I'll stop typing now guys - thank you all again and I hope that I can repay you all with my writing.  It's the only real way I know how to I guess, fufu~  (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ❤

Love and blessed light,

-Kang Hyekyo~ (๑ˊ͈ ॢꇴ ˋ͈)〜♡॰ॱ ]