Chapter: Four!

Game: Over!

The distance between us extended greatly as we sauntered through the garden.  The ground was damp under the glowing fairy lights but the air was calm and comfortably warm leaving no other signs of the rain storm before.  The moon shone brightly in the sky and I was lost in it's elegance for only a moment.

"So, what's your story?"

I couldn't believe my ears.  I almost forgot to reply until I registered Jungsu's critical glare, bringing my focus back to reality and snapping my train of thought to his present enquiry.  "I...  My story?  I'm not sure it's an interesting one, Jungsu-ssi."

"Try me."

At that moment, Jungsu looked very genuine.  I was surprised, I was yet to see a soft side of the man I was betrothed to.  He had appeared to me so dark and frightening.  It was the first time I had saw him look relaxed and I was more surprised to find him curious of me especially considering his intoxication and behavior only moments before.  Perhaps the fresh air was forcing the alcohol to deplete in his system?  He was so mysterious, it should be I who is enquiring his background rather than the vise-versa!  Despite this, I decided to humor him.  "Well...  I've never been allowed to leave the cas-  the...  the mansion.  Appa and Umma always said the world was too dangerous for me to leave.  I only left to study and Henry, our chauffer, was hired to take me straight to school and back without any stops in between.  Due to this, I read many books to teach me social understandings."

Jungsu just stared ahead.  He never looked at me, but his gaze appeared confused.  "So...  you never walked outside, at all?"

I lowered my head and shook it, my hair falling over my blushing face.  I felt so embarrassed - he must think I'm such a loser.  A hermit, that's what I am, right?  "Not by choice, but for safety...  The world is very dangerous these days, Umma constantly entails me of the crimes going on outside the gates.  I worry so much when Appa leaves for work, he can be gone for such long times."

Jungsu stopped walking.  I turned and looked at his face which stared down at me.  I couldn't quite figure out what expression he was making.  He looked both pitiful and...  angry, was it?  But why on Earth would he be angry with me?  Perhaps he was mad that he was being forced to marry such a loser...  But this train of thought was quickly interrupted as he hastily grabbed my arm and directed me towards the valet.  I gasped and tried to shake off his hold, "Jungsu-ssi, what are you doing?  Where are we going?"

"You're my fiance, correct?  I'm taking you out.  You can't marry me without ever being outside at least once."

I stared at his face.  I was so worried and panic quickly struck within me.  I begged, "Please, Jungsu-ssi, it's very dangerous out there and it's so late!  The streets will be dark and the gangs will be taking action at this time!  We cannot go out there, not tonight, jebal!"  My pleas were worthless, it wasn't long before I was into Jungsu's car which was very sleek with a spacious interior.  The car was beautiful and the purr it voiced when Jungsu's driver activated the engine reverberated through me.  I had no idea where we'd go, but I prayed that he didn't take me far from the castle.

"If you don't calm down, you'll make me mad...  Stop being so nervous, nothing's going to go wrong."

His tone was flat and domineering but slowly, my breathing paced and my heartbeat became even again.  I was happy to notice Jungsu's driver, Sungmin or something he was called, park the car at the end of the street.  The streetlights covered the pathways in a warm glow and we stepped out of the car.  The air was starting to chill but still I felt warm, my mind too preoccupied with my current situation rather than the temperature of my skin.

"Come on, we can go to the park - no-one should be there at this hour," Jungsu suggested so nonchalantly but his actions had touched my heart so deeply.  I felt so much gratitude for him, it was difficult to hold back my overwhelming feelings as we strolled towards the park.  It wasn't too long before we go there, I never realized how many winding streets there were in this area before.  The park was different to the one I had met Jungsu in, there was a lot more equipment for the children to play on and there were no secluded booths or gazebo's like the other one.

Jungsu lead me towards the swings and we both took our seats next to each other.  I swung only slightly, my toes never leaving the Earth beneath me, but Jungsu sat so still.  Seeing him was so unnerving, he was like a statue.  His posture was perfect as his elbows rested on his knees which were apart in a very masculine position.  Curiosity beseeching the better of my manors, I enquired, "What's your story, Jungsu-ssi?"

"Mwo?  Don't be so rude...  If you want to know of my personal life, take to the wikipedia.  You'll find out all you need to know there, pabo."

Like a child, I was ridiculed and I don't really know why I expected anything else...  I'm also not sure why, but this hurt me.  In my chest, I felt a squeezing sensation and I struggled to breathe for only a moment.  Quickly apologizing, I decided to remain silent and focus on the limited time I'd have to study and memorize my surroundings.

I picked up my pace upon the swinging, taking my toes off the Earth and pushing my legs to swing higher and higher.  My hair became a subject of the air as my speed increased and I couldn't help but smile, feeling so free even next to a man so terrifying was a new sensation I had not yet discovered.  I felt so...  happy.

"Leeteuk-hyung, who's the pretty lady?"

--

[A/N: Annyeong-haseyo beautiful readers! ヾ(@† ▽ †@)ノ

So during this chapter I believe there were many mixed confusions regarding Leeteuk-Oppa's demeanor, don't you think? (屮゜Д゜)屮

And who was speaking at the end of the chapter?  How will the next chapter unveil itself?  Omo, please continue to read to find out what happens next!  I feel so happy with the number of people reading so far, and I feel so much glee in my heart with each subscriber, so thank you so much for that.

I'd also like to thank a certain subscriber specifically: EeteuksAngel.  Unnie never fails to comment after each chapter and even took time to send me private messages praising me and making me feel so blessed to have such a wonderful subscriber!  I really can't thank any of my readers enough, even if many of them are silent [readers]. ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡ ℒฺℴฺνℯฺ♡

The support so far has been so motivating and I look forward to writing many more chapters in the future, so please don't forget to subscribe/comment and I'll try my hardest to write well for everyone to read! ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙♡

Love & light,

-Kang Hyekyo~♡o。.(✿ฺ。 ✿ฺ)]