Chapter: One!

Game: Over!

"I want my homework by tomorrow.  Do you hear me?"

My life was consumed by this.  I was offered places in all the prestige schools over Seoul.  The best ones.  The strictest ones, with the highest success rates.  But that's not me.  I want normality.  I want to be one with the people around me.

Therefore, despite the money I was born in to, I chose this.  A small, run down school from the badlands.  Where the likes of myself were clearly not welcomed warmly.

I was an outcast.  I was dirt to them.  I had wealth and they hated me for that.  But I stuck by my decision.  I ground my teeth and I tried and I never exclaimed to anyone about my troubles.  School was fine.  The people were kind.  That's what I told them and that's what they believed.

I took in Donghae's expression.  Everything about him breathed trouble.  His shabby clothes, his fierce eyes and most of all, that beautiful grin that made all the girls melt.  Except me.

Maybe that only added to the fuel, though.  They thought I was better, and my reluctance to be swayed only clarified their presumptions.  I didn't intend for them to think that, I just wasn't ready.  I attended school to be educated, not to be swooned.  I'd rather keep my studies and my private life separate.  Maybe one day they'll accept that.

Sooman High School was nice, though.  It was surrounded by vacant fields and a little lake flowed not too far away, also.  It was secluded and quiet and beautiful.

The bell screeched, tearing apart my reverie and stunning me back to the dominant male in front of me.  He hovered his tall frame over my desk, like a gorilla - desperate to prove his intimidation on the intelligent mouse.

"Alright," I whispered, keeping my head low as I dropped my textbooks into my bag and fled swiftly from the emptying classroom.

Henry was waiting for me outside the decaying building.  His tailored black suit and the proudly perched black 1967 Chevrolet Impala clashed greatly with the scenery around them.  Still, I was happy to see them, and I smiled warmly to greet dear Henry and his beloved 'Baby'.

"Annyeong, Miss Kim."

"Annyeong, Henry.  I hope the drive wasn't too dull today?"  I mocked, knowing that he loved the nature of the location just as much as I did, deeply in contrast with my parents thoughts.

Henry has been our chauffeur for the passed few years.  He was very close to my own age which made our bonding that much easier.  There was an understanding between us.

My favourite songs blasted from the radio as Henry asserted my favourite CD into the slot, and Onew's angelic voice boomed throughout the carrier.  I smiled widely and chuckled to myself.  Dearest Henry.  He always understood.

The time flew by as the harmonics took over all train of thought.  My house could be seen from far before the street in which I lived.  The hedges stood tall and proud, marked more as the garden's barrier - keeping me inside was their propose, rather than keeping trespassers out.  Metallic vines twisted and stretched, spiked into the sky.  They would only unravel and allow access when given direct orders from the King of this dark castle - my father.

I was the princess to be kept in the tower or basement or whatever you'd choose to believe.  It doesn't matter where in the aboded prison I was kept.  I wanted to be free.

Soon I'd be of age, and when that time came, nothing could stop me.  So I showed my parents respect.  I did my chores and smiled and said my thanks and pleases.  And most of all, I was patient.  I was very patient.

The car entered through the gate and I glanced through the back window as the gates vines swirled perfectly back into their rigid place.  I departed the vehicle and stepped awkwardly towards the mansion.  The door was dark mahogany, it's heavy wood weighed down more with its brass knob and gallant bell.  I pushed it open only to be greeted with-

"Darling, be an angel and dress quickly - your father and I will see you for dinner in ten minutes.  Please freshen up and dress in your best," she chirped.  I smiled and bowed towards the most beautiful woman I had ever known.  Her brown locks curling over her shoulders to frame her perfectly depicted face.  Her age was immeasurable, not a wrinkle or ounce of fat to be seen anywhere.  Her frame was graceful and elegant as she swayed to the kitchenette.

Sighing, I made my way to my bedroom, no energy left to even reply meekly.  I entered the walk-in wardrobe and fetched the first dress I saw - a pale pink skater dress that flowed outwards from the waist to the hem line, which ended at my knees.  Girly and lady like.  I matched the dress with a pair of white dolly shoes and left my hair straight, letting it drape over my shoulders.

The stairs rounded from the fifth floor down to the foyer.  I descended them onto the second floor, where the dining hall and both my parents were found.  They sat opposite each other on the wide table, plenty of food lay before them and I stared at the generous selection.

"Take a seat, darling, your father and I have matters to discuss with you," my mothers stern voice commanded.  I obeyed and sat beside my older brother, Ryeowook.  "As you know, Hyojin, business has been  difficult for your father lately.  And sometimes, sacrifices must be made in order to sustain a stable household.  Do you agree?"

"Ne, Umma."

"As the women of the house, it is our jobs to make sure that our abode is welcoming, functional and comforting to all within it.  Do you agree?"

"Ne, Umma."

"I see your morals are very intact.  I'm glad.  Hopefully we can discuss the next matter in a civilised and adult manner.  Wouldn't that be nice, darling?  You see...  Business has been very difficult lately, as you know, and the conclusion that we've came to was a last resort, I hope you understand.  It will withdraw any financial difficulties and we will never face these problems again."

She placed her fork and knife down, clasping her hands upon her lap and looked at me ever so eagerly.  The corners of lifted as she looked proud and ready.  The announcement slipped out of before I registered what she said.  I stared at my mother blankly.

Anticipating the worst, but fearing I heard correctly, I stuttered, "Pa...  Pardon?"

"Foolish child, listen to your umma when she speaks with you!  You're getting married-".

Everything afterwords was void.

--

[A/N:  Annyeong-haseyo~ ^,^ xxx

This is my first fanfic on this, so constructive criticism would be very helpful, please comment and I really hope you all enjoy!  I apologise if I've made any mistakes.  :$ xxxx

Did everyone catch the Supernatural reference?  Fufu, I hope you did~ xxxx

Saranghae,

-Kang Hyekyo~<3 xxxxxx