Chapter: Five!

Game: Over!

"Leeteuk-hyung, who's the pretty lady?" a gruff voice startled from behind me and my swinging halted to a stop as I peered around.  The source of the voice was a man of average build but he was very tall.  His hair was very short but jet black, bold against his creamy pale skin.  I stared at him for a few seconds before I clicked onto his words...  Leeteuk-hyung?  I looked at Jungsu and was taken aback to see his face so stern.  I mean, he had looked very intimidating to me many of times...  but right now, his features were set in stone.  His eyebrows weren't knotted together neither were they relaxed.  He looked so indifferent, but I felt like I knew something...  I felt like I could feel his anger...  It surrounded me and I couldn't turn away from it.  I had felt intimidated by Park Jungsu many times, very intimidated.  But right now, he was the most fearsome man I had ever seen in my life.

"I know her, she's that brat Donghae spoke about..."

Imediately, I jumped back from the swing and started making my way towards the exit of the park.  The park was dark, I couldn't see their faces properly...  but if they knew Donghae...  Lee Donghae, the boy who went out of his way every day to disrupt me during class...  then I couldn't stand here and deal with more culprits.  One Donghae was enough, never mind a bunch of similar-minded people.  I didn't get very far however, a large hand welded around my arm above my elbow and I whipped my head around to stare Jungsu in the eye, if that even was his real name.

"Leet me go, Jun-...  Ju...  Just let me go..."  I wriggled and twisted and pushed at his hand but his fingers never once twitched much less let go of me.

"Go away, Siwon."

Jungsu's voice pierced the air.  He didn't shout, he didn't raise his voice in any way at all.  His tone was calm and collected but very discerning and took the breath clean out of my lungs.  His words were sharp, sharper than any blade could ever hope to be.  I was petrified when I noticed the other men stand their ground and do nothing but grin back at the ruthless man holding me in place.

"Jungsu-ssi, please let me go...  I want to go home..." I whispered, almost inaudibly under my breath.

"You're going no where.  Siwon, Kangin and Hangeng were just leaving."

I'm not sure which one it was, but one of the other men stepped forward.  This one was a lot different to the man named Siwon - he wasn't as tall and he was very tanned.  His hair was still short but longer than Siwon's and it was very messy, dischevelled even.  He had gentle eyes, he looked so kind, but Jungsu's reaction to these men told me they were far from gentle or kind...  he was so on edge and I had no idea how to feel.  Park Jungsu was a man to be feared.  He was powerful and wealthy and he got what he wanted when he wanted it.

How did Jungsu know these men?  How was he connected to Donghae?  Did Donghae have anything to do with this?  Is this marriage more than my family think it is?  So many questions ran through my head and each second we stood there staring at each other drove me crazy.  My blood thumped in my ears and I gulped down each breath quickly and desperately, yet I felt like I wasn't breathing at all.

"You have promises to fulfill, Leeteuk.  And I'm sure you know that we aren't leaving until we get what we want.  Hand her over."

That was it.

I wrenched my arm free of Jungsu's arm and I ran.  I had no idea where home was directed but I didn't care.  Like a mouse I scrambled and fled in whichever direction my feet would take me.  I ran faster and faster and didn't give up despite the frantic and furious calls from Jungsu which rapidly got quieter and quieter as the distance between us lengthened.  What did he care anyway?  I didn't want to know what his deal was.  I didn't care.  It might have involved me and clearly his friends meant business but I didn't agree and I refused to go quietly.  Park Jungsu wouldn't be handing me over to anyone if I had anything to do with it.  The streets lead me down many directions and eventually I paused for breath.  Leaning against a wall, I placed my hands on my knees and chugged down as much air as I could.  The rain was drizzling down again - very light, almost unnoticeable, but the droplettes clung to my skin like clingfilm and soon my hair and clothes were drenched and I couldn't stop the shivers wracking through my body.

Time passed and hours felt like seconds as thought after thought passed through my head.  I was much too exhausted to analyse any of these thoughts but I accepted them and let them go one after another.  I stumbled through the streets deciding it was about time I made my way back but this process wasn't as easy as I hoped and I found myself wondering for hours until I rounded a corner to bump into a very rigid chest.

The ground greeted me roughly as I clattered down.  Three bellows of laughter attacked my ears but I kept my eyes pinned to the ground.  I couldn't face Jungsu.  Why had I let him take me?  I knew better than this...  Umma taught me better than to walk outside alone with a man...  Why did I hate the castle so much, it was safe, it was home...  "We don't like running, do we Leeteuk?"

A pair of knees came into my view.  They hit the pavement with a hard thud that caused me to flinch.  I took in Jungsu's appearance.  His clothes were drenched like mine, but he knelt over me in such an animalistic stance.  He was cut and bruised and he looked so worn...  but as he was pushed down in front of me he bared his shoulders and hovered over me in a severely primative stance I had never experienced before.

Jungsu's eyes were glazed...  there was nothing there for anyone to see, but I noticed it.  I noticed the faint gleam.  When he looked at me, anyone would think such a glare was passing through me.  But I knew at that moment that they were wrong.  That I was wrong before.  Park Jungsu was looking directly at me...  in a way no-one had ever looked at me before.

Siwon laughed and walked around us, standing behind me and crouching down like a tiger teasing his prey.  He twirled my hair in his fingers and stared at Jungsu who wouldn't stop staring at me.  "So, what's your decision, Leeteuk?  We're so glad you were able to come to terms once again, despite the needed reminder of your consequences.  We hope it won't come to that again...  what is your decision?  What will we b-"

Jungsu growled.  It grumbled in his chest and throughout me.  A scream escaped my lips.  He leapt over me so graceful and elegant and it pained me when he struck the first blow against Siwon's face.  His fist came into contact with skin and bone and the noise, I knew, would haunt me forever.  He hit again blow after blow after blow and it was only seconds before the other two joined - trying desperately to drag the rampant lion from their master.

"Jungsu-ssi, hajima!!"  It was so frantic..  I had never seen another person act so viciously in my life and I felt so afraid...  I was so confused, the way Jungsu looked at me...  the way his chest grumbled and the way he was now attacking the man threatening me...  I didn't know what he was thinking - I didn't understand a thing at all!  Jungsu hated me, why was he going to such extremes?

I gripped onto one of the men's shirts and tried to pull them back but a ferocious grip dragged me and pushed me into a wall.  He twisted his fingers into my hair and forced me to look at Jungsu.  Siwon and the other man were on top of him, they were kicking and punching and I screamed Jungsu's name so loudly.  Why was this happening?  What had Jungsu done...  Why would he associate himself with such criminals?  And...  what on Earth were his original plans - what were his plans with me that they spoke about?

I didn't care...

A screech caused us all to flinch and when the man holding me covered his ears with his hands still wrapped in my hair, I was jutted back and onto the street again within seconds.  I scrambled towards Leeteuk but someone else was reaching for me and I kicked and screamed and flung myself in any direction to wriggle away.

"Hyojin-ah, stop...  it's Henry, I'm here," the friendly voice hit me hard and my weight dropped in his arms.  I was placed inside a car and watched from the inside as Henry and Sungmin scared off the thugs and retrieved Jungsu into the car beside me.  He laid down on the backseat, his breathing deep and his clothes drenched in rain, mud and blood.  A tear escaped me and I placed his head on my lap before curling over, holding him so close.

"Gomapseumnida...  Gom...  Gomapseumnida~~"  I repeated again and again.  I didn't care that Jungsu would hate me when he found the strength to peel me from him.  I didn't care that Henry spoke to me so informally and pushed me into the car roughly.  In fact, I was glad - I hoped our friendship would soon turn informal and I was ever so grateful that both Henry and Sungmin came when they did.

"We need to take Jungsu-ssi to the hospital, it's probably best that we admit Hyojin-ssi also, just to make su-"

"Aniyo!  Henry, you know the way into the mansion that no-one will see us...  take us there, I'll see to it that Jungsu-ssi is taken care of, we can't let anyone know of this ordeal at all."

"Ne, Miss Kang," Henry whispered with his head low.  I knew immediately that he felt he had disrespected me for his informal reference earlier.

Smiling, I replied, "Henry, please call me Hyojin-ah - it made me so happy earlier, we should display our friendship."

It wasn't long before we arrived at the mansion.  Henry instructed Sungmin on where to go and we were driven round the back drive and through the private entrance that no outsiders knew about.  This entrance was so private that it was even kept secret to the majority of the house staff.  Henry and Sungmin aided Jungsu behind me as I walked towards the infirmary.  My body was aching - everything within me hurt.  I had ran so much and not only that, but the constant thoughts and questions going through my head even made my brain hurt.  But what confused me most of all, was how much my heart was hurting.  I didn't understand why it felt this way.

Henry and Sungmin placed Jungsu on the hospital bed as I retrieved a bowl of water and a cloth.  I cleaned his wounds to the best of my ability and also took to bandaging up a great portion of his body but it wasn't long before my body retired itself and I couldn't stay awake any longer.  Henry and Sungmin had long left to explain to the guests that Jungsu and I were leaving for the night as we would have a long day of planning tomorrow.  Since they weren't here to occupy my mind and keep me awake, it was only seconds after I applied the last bandage that I succumbed to my body and drifted into a very disturbed sleep.

--

[A/N: Annyeong-haseyo~  ε=ε=(怒゚Д゚)ノ

What the fudge is going on!!???? (((╹д╹;))) I'm so confused!!  (⊃‿⊂)

So this is the "Special Chapter" update that I blogged about.  I'd once again like to confirm that despite posting this chapter early I will still be posting every Sunday so please look forward to the upload of Chapter Six this Sunday.   φ(^∇^ )

I feel like this chapter is very drawn, but I had such a difficult time in cutting it down - I felt a lot of the things happening in this chapter were very important and I didn't want to split it into more parts since it's already been going on for three chapters.  I'm sorry if this is annoying to any readers, please understand! (。・//ε//・。)

This chapter is the longest one that I've written so far in this fanfic but I hope that it doesn't put any readers off, please continue to read/comment/subscribe and even if you don't plan on subscribing - let me know why.  I feel constructive criticism is very helpful and motivational as it helps me adapt to suit all readers' preferences.  I'd like to make everyone happy to the best of my ability, so please let me know what I can do to suit your needs! (〃▽〃) 

I also feel like I'm going to lose a lot of readers since all of the SuperJunior members I've included (so far) appear to be very sinister (except Henry and Sungmin).  I also feel like I may lose readers since I'm including Henry and Hankyung into this story (and possibly Zhoumi at some stage).  This is because I support the "SuperJunior15" movement and would like to believe that despite the seperations and difficulties Super Junior has faced, all original members I hope have kept close contact and continued their friendship.  I recently read that Hankyung and Heechul are particularly still keeping contact and there was even a conversation regarding a colaboration between Hankyung's current solo career and the rest of the SuperJunior members! ლ(´◉❥◉`ლ) Hankyung denied the rumours of colaboration and stated that the chances of one would be unlikely as he doubts SM Entertainment would allow such an event to take place, but he confirmed that he would not be against any event with SuperJunior as he still enjoys speaking with members and would like to share the stage with them once more if given the chance.   ( ´͈ ॢꇴ `͈ॢ)・*♡

I hope all readers enjoy this chapter and I promise I'll try harder next time not to make my chapters so long and dreary!  Thank you so much~ (✿ ♥‿♥)

Love and light,

-Kang Hyekyo~♡o。.(✿ฺ。 ✿ฺ)]