Chapter: Fifteen!

Game: Over!

"You said you brought lunch?"  Snapping me from my reverie, I rustled through my bag and retained the lunch box I had made this morning.  I set the box on the table before him and watched as he took in it's appearance.  He finished pouring our glasses of water and then opened the box.

While he took the first bite, I almost forgot to breathe.  How could this be so nerve-wracking?  It was only pancakes, I had made them many times before yet I was so afraid that I had not made them properly for Jungsu's tastes.  I desperately searched his face for a sign of satisfaction and almost exhaled audibly when he smiled brightly and said "Mmmm, you made these yourself?  They're delicious?"

I paused and took a second to ease the adrenaline in my system, "I made them from scratch, I wanted to give you energy to help you work well on your first day back."

"You're wearing a visitor's badge, why didn't they give you the V.I.P Unlimited Pass?  You were supposed to get one before you even entered the building."

I stared at Jungsu.  He must've sensed my blank thoughts and laughed on my expense.  I blushed and cleared my throat before straightening my posture and asking, "What would the difference be?  I am just visiting you after all.  I don't work in this building, I just wanted to visit you and give you the lunch I prepared for you.  What would an Unlimited Pass present me with?  I'm also not much of an important visitor so I'm not sure why I'd need a badge with any form of 'V.I.P' slogan on it."

Jungsu gawked at me.  His eyes showed disbelief and I felt stunned that I couldn't understand why he was so surprised.  "The difference would be that with the V.I.P's Unlimited Pass badge you could visit me at any time without going through security and without having to check in or anything else.  I wanted to talk to you about that also, but I'll wait until we have more time to discuss the matter.  You are my wife and baring my name alone makes you an extremely important person so please don't undervalue yourself."

I looked down at my Summer attire - my floral top, shorts and sneakers and then looked up at at Jungsu.  I looked at his attire and let my eyes take in my surroundings.  It was blatantly obvious that I didn't belong here.  This was my father's life, not mine.  I wasn't elegant or "proper".  I wasn't tight lipped and I surely wasn't as wealthy as people thought I was.  If my family was wealthy I wouldn't be married to Park Jungsu at this moment.  This wasn't my destiny - to be in this environment.  It wasn't an undervalued opinion, it was mere fact.  I couldn't help but wonder why Jungsu was getting so frustrated over it also.

Was I embarrassing him?  Maybe he was telling me to clean myself up...  to dress as expected and stop seeing myself as less than I should be?  Also, he wanted to speak to me about something related to his work place.  I had nothing to do with his working area, maybe he wanted me to stay away from it and not visit him with lunched surprises?  But then...  why would he be mad at me not getting an all-exclusive pass to the building?

Aigoo, how could one man be so confusing?  His words wracked my brain and left me so confused that I hardly realised he had finished eating and returned to his desk.  I looked up at him sitting in the chair.  His lithe fingers tapped at the keyboard and his eyebrows slightly knotted together.

God, he was breathtaking.

"Mrs. Park won't be leaving for a while but I have a telephone meeting in ten minutes.  Reschedule it for half an hour and let everyone involved know that my office is off limits.  I don't wish to be disturbed."  He hung up the call and came back to sit on the couch opposite me again.  "What are your plans for today?"

Swallowing before replying, I looked down at the empty glass in my hand.  "I haven't made any yet.  I might call Umma, I miss my family and would like to know how they are doing."

Jungsu nodded.  His eyes narrowed and I would give anything to know what he was thinking.  He was always so mysterious and it tore at a chord deep inside me.  I felt like I was staring at a closed book, unable to open and read it's contents.

"I'll leave here in a few hours.  Let's have dinner together and talk."  He leaned towards me and my heart beat quickened immensely.  I let a quick rush of air escape my lips when he took the glass from my hands and poured more extracts from the jug into it, "You must have questions of your own after all.  We're married yet we know nothing of personal status about one another.  Doesn't it bother you?"

I let his words sink in.  Was Park Jungsu bothered that we weren't closer?  Colour rushed to my cheeks and I let my gaze pass to the windows, hoping my hair would cover the blush invading me.  "I guess I am.  I respect your decision to stay distant, however.  So I wouldn't push you to share any form of information with me."

It was a lie.  It was a huge lie.  I had so many questions, so many things to say.  I wanted to know Jungsu's connection with Donghae and those boys in the streets.  I wanted to know why both the gang and Miyoung had called him 'Leeteuk' and I also partially wanted to know the situation with Miyoung.  I felt so curious but the mere thought of Jungsu and Miyoung caused me severe pain.  I wanted to know what their history was and also about their current status.  But I also wanted to make the ordeal disappear.  I wanted to grasp my bond, however small, with Jungsu and wrap it in bubble paper and never let another person penetrate it's protective confinements.  I wanted to stay away from Miyoung, yet my brain wanted to know so many things about her also.

How could I ever share this with Jungsu though?  How could I let him know my thoughts and feelings when he was so repressed to share his own?

Maybe we did need this talk.  I'd wait for Jungsu to start his interrogation of me and then I'd follow suit.  I'd await to hear his curiosities and then share mine.

Jungsu was right.  It was time to realise my place in this life-time.  I was Mrs. Park Hyojin and I needed Jungsu's love.

Tonight, I'd make sure his feelings were clear.

--

[A/N:  Annyeong-haseyo~ 。(⌒∇⌒。)

So here is the other chapter that I promised despite also updating yesterday.  Since yesterday, I have received a great amount of support from so many readers.  I can't express my thanks enough, I really can't.  You all touched me so much and I just wish there was some way I could repay you.  For now, all I can do is share my friendship and fanfiction with you all, but I hope that some day I can be there for many of you during a difficult time also, and show you how grateful I am to you. 。^‿^。

I wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for the consistent support from readers, specifically EeteuksAngel who has been there for me since the very first chapter.  I also feel I should mention Abhirami.  My two Unnie have helped me to crazy extents and I feel so indebted to them.  I hope we can be friends for long times and share our journeys together for a long while. (⌒▽⌒)☆

Thank you so much for reading this far with me and I look forward to posting the next update! (⌒▽⌒ゞ

Blessed love and light,

-Kang Hyekyo~ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤ ]