Chapter: Six!

Game: Over!

My face impacted with the floor with a hard thud and my eyes jilted wide open as if I hadn't been deeply sleeping miliseconds before.

"Yahh, what do you think you're playing at?  Huh!?  I can have you arrested yaknow!"  Irritated, I pulled myself to sit on the ground and stared up at the disgruntled Park Jungsu.  I understood that he might have been shocked - I had no recollection of ever falling asleep last night, I must've passed out...  but I had no patience to be treated in such a mannor after his escapades last night.

"Park Jungsu.  I will say this now.  I will be your wife.  I will be obedient and loyal.  I'll fulfill my duties as a wife should and I'll try my hardest to make you not resent me.  But do not treat me like this is my fault.  I don't know who you are, Leeteuk.  And I don't know what your intentions were regarding me and those thugs last night...  but I won't be treated like this."

I fled the room as fast as I could.  I couldn't even look at Jungsu, Leeteuk, whatever he was called...  I was just so angry and hurt.  I would be damned if I was to give my life away to a marriage so hopeless before it had even begun!  I rounded the corner and ran up the stairs before slamming my room door shut.  Tomorrow would be my wedding day.  I would be Park Hyojin, wife of Park Jungsu, the tenacious and heartless CEO.

All of my belongings were already in boxes and I wondered briefly when they had been arranged like so.  A note laid on one of the stacks of books but I hardly read it.  I took in the words and assumed from what I could muster that my things would be flitted tonight.  I had missed my chance to say goodbye to my organised bedroom...

Tears flooded my cheeks and I let my body crumble.  I sat on the floor and soaked in my life.  I breathed in the memories - good and bad, and cherished them all for the very first time.

"Hyojin, come get food."  Ryeowook sat beside me.  He placed a hand on my shoulder and I stared at him.  He never spoke to me, not really.  He showed his love through gestures.

"I want to stay..."

--

The day had passed quickly.  I didn't see Jungsu again but he wasn't in the infirmary anymore.  Honestly, I was glad that he left without saying anything.  I couldn't face him - I didn't want to see him.  I was mourning for my old life and the life that was to come for me.  My lifestyle was about to take a turn for the worst and I dreaded every second that passed and brought me closer to married life. 

Curling under the spare bedcovers that are usually in the guest room, I squeezed my eyes shut tightly and buried my head under the pillow.  I didn't want to look at the vacant room.  I didn't want to sleep either.  I wanted to absorb as much as I could while I was here.  Hours passed by and seemed like seconds and it wasn't long before light shed in through the window and sunlight glistened against the carpet.

"Hyojin-ah~~  Are you awake yet?  Come see what Appa has prepared!"  My mother's voice boomed as she ran down the hallway and passed my bedroom door.  I deducted her excitement to be regarding today's event and sluggishly dragged my body out of bed.  The house felt warm and a smell of mixed-fruit pancakes hit me hard the second I opened my room door.  My father stood beside my mother in the middle of the family room with a small box in his hand.  Upon entering the room they both smiled brightly and my father opened the box to reveal the most beautiful piece of jewellery I had ever seen in my life!  It was silver with an intricate line of clear quartz curving like smoke and a pale blue gem centered in the middle.  It looked as delicate and beautiful as ice.

"O...  Omo, Appa - it's too much..."

"Ani, come and I'll put it on you.  You must get dressed for the ceremony, eat your pancakes quickly and we'll soon be at the church."

Sighing, I stepped towards my father and turned my back to him.  He clicked the chain around my neck and placed his hands on my shoulders, giving them a light squeeze of reassurance.  We all took our seats at the table and ate as a family.  My parents made small talk but Ryeowook and I ate in silence and listened to my father gloat about how great his financial situation would become as mother basked in how great all the plans were going.

The lady my mother highered to tailor my dress entered the room to remind us of the time and hastily whisked me up the stairs to prepare me for my activies.  The dress was tight around my bust and waist but flowed downwards from the end of the corset to the floor.  I worried that my feet would trip over the dress, the hem seemed so low.  The dress sported no straps or sleeves but I realised that father's gift matched it perfectly.  Small threads of pale blue were inbedded at the bottom of the skirt, curling and rising from the bottom upwards and tiny blue gems were sewen into the bodice of the dress to match my pale blue and white roses.

A tear escaped my eye before being quickly wiped away by the lady mother highered.  She exclaimed, "No tears, you'll ruin your make up!" before placing a single curl of hair behind my ear.  My hair was curled and pulled up in a messy bun so that parts were very loose and effortlessly elegant.  My makeup was natural apart from a small line of eyeliner to bolden my top eyelids.  I wore a blue tiara under my veil which was also threaded partially with light blue amongst the white lace.  Perfect attire for a ruined wedding...

My mother's shriek peirced my ears and she clapped her hands in glee.  "Let's go, darling, Henry is waiting in the car!" I let her drag me outside where my whole family awaited me by the car.  I would be taking the car alone with Henry, mother father and Ryeowook were taking another ride to the ceremony.  Henry opened the door for me and I thanked him.  This was going to be such a long day...

--

[A/N: Annyeong-haseyo~ (。´∀`)ノ

Ahh, I'm so sorry for this very short and crappy chapter - it's a late update also.  (=^-ω-^=) //ashamed.  I've been very busy this week with college and I also work part time at a nursery so it's been quite difficult for me to find time after I uploaded the surprise chapter on Wednesday, but I promise I'll try harder next week to meet the deadlines.  。◕‿◕。

Sooooo next chapter will be the wedding chapter, I'd love to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts on either the chapters so far or what they expect for the chapters to come! 。(⌒∇⌒。) I don't have much time, I'm trying to right this while also babysitting so I'm sorry for also a short authors note...  but please enjoy and I hope that you weren't too disappointed with this chapter.  (“⌒∇⌒”)

Love and light,

-Kang Hyekyo~〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)]