Chapter: Three!

Game: Over!

Hyojin-ah, are you dressed yet?  Umma said all the guests are here and Jungsu-hyung is waiting.”

I swatted the tears from my cheeks and croaked back as best as I could, “Ne Oppa, I'll be down in a second.”  My back pressed against the door as I tilted my head back, breathing in the view of my bedroom.  I had sat like this many times since my betrothal to Park Jungsu – admiring the space that I once longed to leave.  Now that I was destined to leave, I didn't want to go at all.  I was dressed in a tightly fitted, red cocktail dress and matching red stiletto heels.  Today was my engagement party and everyone who was anyone would be attending.

The time had flew by so fast since my first encounter with Park Jungsu and we had not met since.  I dreaded this party more than anything else, it marked the nearing of my 'big day' and I hated that prospect more than anything.

I opened the door and was faced with a very well suited Ryeowook – my dear brother who hated formal dressing appeared so beautiful before me.  He had clearly put a lot of effort into this dressing and this touched my heart.  I knew it wasn't for the party – it was a kind gesture that he wanted me to remember, even though he would never say so.

Linking my arm in his, he lead me down the stairs to the foyer where many guests were situated.  There were guests all over the house – my mother and Mrs Park had set the whole event into order.  My parents wanted everyone to know of the event as it would bring in many clients to my father's business which was the whole reason I was being sold in such an out of date manor.

Hyojin, my dear, how lovely to see you,” Mrs Park's smile was so welcoming and again, I couldn't help my utter glee to see such a beautiful woman – she truly was very fascinating.

This fascination was quickly disrupted however as my mother swooped in to proclaim her existence, “I trust that you are looking for Jungsu, darling?  He'll be around here somewhere, do find him while I fetch Mrs Park a refreshment.”

Ne, Umma.”  I bowed to both ladies and slowly made my way around the ground floor praying that God would not let me cross paths with the notorious Park Jungsu.  I was glad to come into contact with much more appealing guests – friends of both my father and Mr Park and their families.  These friends were of much importance to my father and I had long known that in their presence I would be exact and as formal as possible.  Right now however, this atmosphere was just what I needed to distract my wondering mind from the man joining me as 'Guests of Honour'.

It was not enough.  Every guest I spoke to asked about the arrangement and asked where Jungsu was and asked about the wedding and my preparations and I couldn't handle it at all...  I was so stupid to think I would find solitude in a blazing crowd – of course they would ask questions.  They were all here to celebrate my engagement after all.

I trekked up the staircase feeling heavy with the consistent reminders that I was soon to lose myself in a hopeless marriage.  There were people all over the dark castle however and I struggled to push my way through the soaring ocean of bodies.  People mingled, pulling me in all sorts of directions.

Eventually, I was pushed in the direction of a door.  I didn't care where the door lead, but I let myself in and locked it right away upon entering.  The room had such a distinctive smell and right away I knew where I was...  the library.  I pressed my forehead against the door and let out a deep sigh.  I felt exasperated, exhausted...  I wanted to scream and cry and run but what good would those things do?  In such a situation I was prepared to hold my head high and face my fears, yet here I was – hiding on my lonesome.

The room and I sat in silence.  The walls were shadowed in a pitch blackness that I knew would disappear immediately had I a light but I found a suffocating comfort in the close darkness around me.  The air felt electrified and I wondered why for only a second until I heard the creaking sound.  A floorboard creaking inside the room.

I was not alone.

Jungsu pushed me hard against the door, jamming me with his own body which I could tell he clearly worked hard on.  His strength was like no other, I could barely move never mind breathe.  The air felt thick suddenly and fear swept over me.  “You repulse me, you know...  Don't you know better than to lock yourself in an empty room with only a man present?”

I...  It's not like that, Jungsu-ssi...  I was trying to get away from the party, that's all,” I gasped, trying my hardest to struggle away from his physical cage.  My mind was blank as he nuzzled his nose against my neck.  A sudden smell of alcohol attacked my senses.  The scent was strong and overbearing and I felt incredibly nauseous.  “Jungsu-ssi, you're intoxicated, let me go...”

Taking my wrists in his grasp and holding them against the door, he hissed, “Now why would I do that, brat?  You dressed so nicely for me tonight...  No-one would ever guess how disgusting you are, but I know.  es take for money.  You're no different, , marrying me for my money.  What a sell-out...”

His laughter racked through my bones, vibrating off every wall and surface in the room only to bounce back and hit me at full force.  It took everything I had not to crumble and submit to his venom.  Instead I stood there, pressed flat against the door, and mourned in silence.  I mourned for the life that I had now lost.  I realised that it wasn't on my wedding day that I would lose myself.  I had already lost everything that was my own.  The day I met Park Jungsu, I was his.  It was only set to worsen when the deal was sealed.

I felt his weight leave me and I spun slowly to face the darkness.  I could make out slight features of his face – his chiselled jaw line curving into the dark shadow that marked his prominent cheek bones up to the slight glint of light in his eyes that sent a cold shiver racing through my body.

Come on, I want to go for a walk.”

--

[A/N: Annyeong-haseyo~~  (ノ)´∀`(ヾ)

Omo, I feel so bad for writing in such a scary manor...  I hope it doesn't put anyone off, please bare with me and continue to read, I promise I'll work hard and try to suit everyone's expectations!  Leeteuk-Oppa is very scary right now, I wonder what the future holds for Hyojin-ah...  Will it be as terrble as she thinks or will it be even worse than she can imagine!?  Only time will tell, so please show your support and comment/subscribe...  constructive criticism is always helpful also.  (//∇//) 

While writing this chapter I listened to a lot of Fairy Tail OST's from their first volume, such as Rakuen No To, Titania No Yoroi and Yami Yo Tsudoe...  Perhaps that's why my writing is quite dark right now, it may help readers to understand the vibe of the chapters if they listen to that type of music also?  I'll post the links here:

Rakuen No To: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUsgsBzflgY

Titania No Yoroi:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLr9DBDLH6s

Yami Yo Tsudoe:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJZ3pPLVTxs

Other than that, thank you so much for reading and I truly do hope to hear your thoughts and such on the story so far!  Gomapseumnida!  (ノ*゜▽゜*)

Love & Light,

-Kang Hyekyo~(´ ▽`).。o♡]