Chapter: Seven!

Game: Over!

The doors were heavy mahogany wood with large brass knobs and encrusted brass patterns.  I stood before them and felt my stomach coil.  What was I doing?  Where would I end up in just a few hours when everyone left me to face my fate.  Clutching the bouquet close to my chest, I turned and stared at my mother.  "Umma, I don't want to do this...  please don't make me do this...  Jungsu-ssi is mean, Umma, he sca-"

Mother smacked me hard.  Almost hard enough to knock me on my , had there not been a security guard directly behind me I would have certainly lost my footing.  I kept my head low and let my fingertips trace the tender skin.  "You will never speak against your husband in such a manor, do you hear me?  You will stand by him and take whatever struggles you need to endure in order to sustain a healthy marriage.  Go in there and don't you dare embarrass your father in such a way.  I won't tell him or anyone of this incident and neither will you, Hyojin."

The two doors opened and my mother smiled brightly as every guest in the church turned to stare in my direction.  The security men stepped into place and soon the bridesmaids mother had chosen to walk with me were strolling up the aisle.  Father stepped beside me and took my arm, "Nervous?"

"Aniyo, Appa.  I'm happy to fulfill my duties as your only daughter."  My heart contracted in my chest.  My father was a kind man...  He didn't say much, but I felt that he was only resorting to this solution as a means of ultimate last resort.  Unlike my mother who was gleeful and desperate to have me wed, father showed sad eyes and placed his large hand over mine, giving me a tight squeeze before starting to lead me towards my future husband.

"Appa, how long will it be before I see you again?"

"Hush darling, please don't say such a thing where people may hear.  Smile brightly for Appa.  I promise we'll keep close contact, you'll always be my little girl."

The music slowed to a stop and Jungsu never took his eyes from me.  I knew he was looking through me.  He was good at deceiving these people, but not me.  I felt so foolish for thinking he would ever look at me on the night of our engagement party.  I would never make such a mistake again.  He held his hand out for me and I took it, smiling at him for appearance purposes and took my spot in front of the alter.  The priest greeted our guests and began the ceremony.  Seconds ticked by slowly, making minutes feel like hours and by the time it came to our vows I felt so mentally exhausted.  I had no idea this process would be so draining...  smiling so brightly and acting so happy-in-love was not what I had expected at all.  I thought the appearance would be the easiest thing to maintain during this marriage.

Jungsu took my hand and I snapped back to reality.  He looked directly at me and upon sliding a ring on to my wedding finger the words "I do" rolled from his tongue.  I found it hard to breathe.  He was like a snake.  That's the only way I could explain it.  He was coiling around me, crushing me, smothering his prey before snapping and injecting his venom.  I repeated the action, sliding a replicate of the ring he placed on me onto his wedding finger and croaking out "I do" in a whisper before clearing my throat and stating the promise-words more confidently.

The priest chirped and gloated, "I now pronounce you man and wife.  You may kiss your bride!"  Flashes blinded the room as Jungsu took my veil in his hands and placed it over my head, exposing my face and making me feel very vulnerable.  I stared at his eyes.  They were empty.  This man was nothing inside...  He was a temple of power with no concept of emotion.  Yet to all the people watching us, he was the beautiful and heart-warming heir to one of the biggest entertainment industries within South Korea. 

Jungsu leaned very close to my face, his lips lingered an inch in front of mine and my breath caught in my throat.  I felt sick.  "You're mine."

His lips were warm...  I was shocked by the feeling.  I had never had my first kiss.  While girls my age were out clubbing and socialising with the male gender I was cooped up inside my bedroom studying.  The most experience I had was engrossing myself with romance novels.  Novels always refer to kisses as electrified, leaving your skin in tingles and your mind numb of thought.  I realised now, with my first kiss, that this was very true.  I found it difficult to think at all yet I felt as if my mind was being bombarded with many thoughts all at once.  My skin tingled and the air around us felt crackly.

When Jungsu pulled away he quickly turned me to face the cheering embodiment of people and I found it very difficult to maintain my composure.  I felt so overwhelmed.  My head felt light and my body felt heavy.  But nonetheless, Jungsu whisked me down the aisle and out of the church where we were covered in rice and sakura petals.  I held on to Jungsu's arm tightly as he opened the door of Sungmin's car and I hastily took my seat.

Silence.

It felt so wonderful to be alone with my own thoughts.  The car ride was silent and I watched the streets pass by in a quick blur.  Jungsu sat rigid and complacent beside me, not touching me or giving me any recognition in any way.  Lost in my own reverie, I was surprised when the thrumming of the car engine ceased to a stop.  None of my surroundings were familiar in any way - it was clear we had been driving for quite some time but I hardly noticed the lengths we had driven.  I pulled my earphones out and paused my iPod.

The house was beautiful.  It was open, no walls restricting my departure and a part of me wondered if that was the point.  It was smaller than my home but I loved it so much.  It was three stories tall.  The walls were cream coloured with light brown paneling outlining each window and door frame.  A vine twisted up the side of the house and stretched along the width at the top of the house, curling around two windows.  I stared in awe as Sungmin and Henry passed me by, carrying luggage up the pathway.

"Yah, I can do that - you two should rest, it's been a long drive.  But Henry, what on Earth are you doing here?"

"Mrs Kang instructed that I ensure you are settled before returning to the mansion Miss K-  Hyojin-ah," Henry smiled and warmed my heart.  I tried to retrain the luggage from him but he merely insisted that he would love to help and if I was completely honest, I didn't want him to leave.  So I let him carry my luggage inside.

The inside was magnificent!  A large staircase twirled up the side of the hallway which parted into three directions.  The walls were white and enhanced by the dark wood floor boards.  To my left was a glass door, sectioned with white wood and beyond it I could see a mint-coloured room.  The walls were white but tinted in a slight mint while the floorboards were light brown and the furniture was the same colour as the floor.  I could partially see a white leather couch and a huge TV screen.

To my right, passed the glass door I could see a yellow room.  The windows were draped with see-through orange curtains, tainting the lighting in the room to create a warm atmosphere.  The room looked so peaceful.  A cute set up of table and six chairs perched within the centre of the room and I looked forward to spending some time within the cozy dining area.

Straight ahead, I guessed, was the kitchen area.  I couldn't see much through the door, only a white tiled room with a glossy floor and what looked like white cupboards with a black work surface.  I sauntered up the stairs, mystified by the sights I was taking in.  The staircase continued up to a third floor but I stepped onto the second, curious to search each room for it's purpose.  The walls and floorboards within the hallway was the same as the one downstairs and I guessed the pattern would continue with the third as well.  There were six rooms within this floor.  Two on each wall apart from the wall with a huge window on it directing the front of the house.

The second room on the left looked like a gym.  The walls were a glossy grey-ish colour and there were numerous equipment covering the space inside.  A mini fridge sat on a long table in the corner along with a few towels and other essential items.  The second room to the right appeared to be an art room - several empty canvases were sat up against walls and the floor was covered in a long protective sheet.  A table sat in the corner offering pallet and acrylic paints, charcoal, Indian ink, pens, watercolours and many other things.  I knew I'd be spending a lot of time in this room.  The walls were a pale pink and overall seemed so vibrant.  It took me a while to peel myself away from the glass door, but I eventually found myself at the first room on the left side. 

The first doors on either side weren't glass and I felt very curious, but they weren't anything magnificent.  One room was a shower room with peach walls and glossed tiles on the floor while the other door lead to a very spacious bathroom sporting a toilet and sink.  The walls and floor in there was the same as the shower room.

The two doors on the back appeared to be for the same room - the walls were plastered in mirrors with a large panel cutting the reflection in half horizontally.  The floor looked wooden but I somehow knew from it's shine that it would be very sleek.  Fans hung from the ceiling and much like the gym, a table holding a mini fridge and towels sat in the corner.  An iPod doc with two huge speakers sat in the other corner and I couldn't wait to test it's volume while I danced in the highly appealing dance-room.

Finally, I stepped up to the third floor, curious as to what I would find in there.  The third floor had only three doors.  One on the left, one on the right, and one on the back wall.  None of the doors on this floor were glass.  The door frame for the one on the left was a pale blue and the door frame on the right was a pale pink, so thinking back to Jungsu's threats of never sharing a bed with me I guessed they were our bedrooms.  I didn't feel comfortable to look in Jungsu's private bedroom so I merely skipped that adventure and headed directly for my room.

I opened the door with the pink door frame and was immediately stung with nostalgia.  He had them replicate everything...  Every single thing about the room was exactly like my bedroom back home and I found it so difficult to swallow the lump in my throat.  I quickly closed the door and screwed my eyes shut.  I couldn't face these feelings just yet...  I still had the last room to look at and I didn't want to harm the houses beauty with my sadness just yet.  Standing with my spine erect, I sauntered towards the back wall.  The closer I got to the door, I couldn't describe it...  but I felt more uneasy.  I wondered briefly if I should skip this door also, but a small part of my mind refused to be afraid of my own house.  Therefore I hastily pushed at the handle and stepped inside.

It was an office.  It looked tiny compared to all the other back-rooms.  The kitchen and the dance-room were both massive - they each took up the whole length of the house.  This room was about half their size.  However, my interest was piqued when I noticed a door in the left corner between the leather couch and the neatly placed plant.  I was about to open the door when my intrusion was broken.

Hands gripped both of my elbows and pulled me back hastily.  Still in my wedding dress, I almost tripped over but was whipped back up to find Jungsu scowling down at me.  "What do you think you're doing in here?  This is my office.  You will only enter this room if I beckon for you and even while in here, you will never have permission to enter the back room.  Do you understand me?"

Shock must have shown in my face.  Jungsu's grip lessened and I rubbed my elbows where his hands had squeezed.  I nodded with my head low and upon being dismissed, I ran straight for my bedroom and reminded myself that houses were deceiving. 

This was not my home. 

This was not a magical place. 

I would never be happy in such a prison.

--

[A/N:  Annyeong-haseyo~ ( ノ^ω^)ノ゚

Wahh, this chapter is even longer than the one I worried about before, mianhae mianhae~  (*´・v・) BUT~~~they're married guys!  。(⌒∇⌒。)

Please don't hate me for making this chapter so drabby - I felt it was really important to go into detail regarding this house as it would be the home of Leeteuk and Hyojin together.  Please let me know what you thought of the chapter and I hope to have more time to work on next weeks chapter.  My timing has just been so hectic lately with college and the nursery that I work in.  But thank you for taking the time to read my fanfic, I'm truly so grateful for it, it means a lot to me. (“⌒∇⌒”)

Until next Sunday! ( ^∇^)

Love and light,

Kang Hyekyo~(●⌒∇⌒●)]