Chapter: Eleven

Game: Over!

"We'll be going back tomorrow," Jungsu sighed.  It was difficult to believe that he was so content right now.  Every second I was expecting him to revert back to the ice King I had learned to get used to.  We were sitting on the couch watching the fire crackle and spread it's warmth throughout the cottage.  His arm was outstretched around my shoulders and his fingertips constantly twirling a strand of my hair.  "I'll be working a lot more when we go back, it'll be difficult to re-adjust."

"Ne, Jungsu-ssi," I felt so rigid.  I was afraid to breathe in case it sent him flying into a steamy fit of rage.  His fingers just kept twisting and twirling the strand of my hair however and if anything, his arm pulled me more tightly towards him.

"I really wish you'd stop being so polite.  Call me 'Oppa', you girls love that do you not?"  My breath caught in my throat.  Only girls in books called boys that.  Did girls in reality use such words also?

The clock struck midnight and Jungsu grabbed my hand, untwisting his arm from behind my shoulders and pulling me up to stand with him, "Let's go to bed Hyojin-ah," he smiled so brightly as if he knew how much my heart raced when he acted so lovingly.  He took me to the bedroom but when I realised where we were going, I almost began to protest.  That was until I noticed the blanket and pillow laying on the floor.  My heart sank and I thought that everything had most likely been a joke.  Obediently, I lowered myself to crawl under the blanket.

"Yah, where are you going?  Get into bed pabo, I'm sleeping there."  He laughed.  Park Jungsu laughed playfully and if I had ever felt my cheeks turn crimson before, it was not as bad as they were now.  I scurried out from under the blanket and fidgeted with my fingers, feeling increasingly uncomfortable.

"Bu...  I...  I don't mind, the floor is cold, you should sleep in bed Jungsu-ssi."

" 'Oppa'," he corrected, "Don't be silly - princess's should always have a comfortable bed to sleep within."

Oh God, that smile...  If nothing else would kill me, that smile surely would.  My heart contracted so fast whenever he smiled like that and I was completely afraid to show him how much it effected me.  How much he effected me.  If this persona wouldn't last long, the aftermath would be catastrophic.  Yet I couldn't stop myself from falling deeper and deeper for this kind and gentle Park Jungsu.

Hesitantly, I slipped into the bed and under the duvet.  I watched silently as Jungsu pulled the pitiful blanket over him and closed his eyes.  It wasn't long before his breathing became deeper and more even.  But it must've been hours before I fell asleep.  I continued to admire his sleeping face until my eyes couldn't withstand it anymore.  I let them drop and sleep captured my mind and body in a web of dreams.

I awoke to the sound of rustling and thumping.  Squinting my eyes as the sun shone brightly, I sat up slowly and rubbed at my eyelids.  My hair must've looked horrific because I heart a chuckle coming from the other end of the room and upon opening my eyes, I saw Jungsu dragging both of our suitcases out of the room.  He stood, his back pressed against the door frame, his body as elegant as a felines, with the suitcases perched at his feet.

"Good morning, sleepy-head," He strolled towards the bed and bent forward to kiss my forehead.  If I wasn't awake before, I surely was now.  My eyes opened wide and I struggled to compose myself when he pulled away.

I stared at the suitcases on the floor, "Are we leaving today?"

"Ne, I just received a phone call from Appa.  Business is somewhat slow, he wants me to return as soon as possible.  The plane will be leaving in a couple of hours, it'll be strange to go back," he smiled reassuringly and I couldn't help smiling back.  But somewhere inside I knew that things wouldn't be the same at home.  There were influences that stopped Jungsu from acting the way he has been the past few days.

We left the cottage with heavy hearts.  Both of us would miss the romantic resort dearly.  We had made a huge progression during our honeymoon and I was so happy to at least have a short time to feel what it would be like to be close with Park Jungsu.

The flight home was very quiet.  Jungsu never once let go of my hand.  His fingers entwined with mine and his thumb my skin delicately as if I would break or fall apart if he didn't keep me within contact.  I didn't mind, it made my heart flutter and my skin tingle.  It was strange seeing our house.  It looked exactly like we had left it.  I wondered if anyone was home.  I wondered if our parents would be there awaiting our return.  I wondered if Lee Miyoung would be home.  I suddenly felt a lot of affection for those that I missed and I truly hoped they would be there when we entered the door.

But they were not.  The house was cold and seemingly abandoned.  It was exactly like we had left it indeed.  Too exact.  Jungsu pecked a small kiss on my cheek before taking both of our suitcases and heading upstairs.  I smiled to myself and let my fingertips touch my burning cheeks where his lips had touched.  He was driving me insane with this love.

I sauntered into the kitchen and into the utility room.  Miyoung wasn't here but her voice broke through the silence within seconds, "I see master's behaviour has warmed."  I jumped and almost shrieked had I not covered my mouth with my hand before turning to see the girl.  Her head was low and her face appeared covered with grief.

"Omo, Miyoung, you gave me such a fright!  How have you been?  I missed you lots while we were away, I have so much to talk about!"  Miyoung's expression seemed to become grave.  She looked exasperated.  "Mi...  Miyoung, is everything okay?"

"I must get along with the laundry, a lady shouldn't grace her presence in the maid's room."

I was shaken with this complete twist.  What had happened that had made Miyoung so sad?  Why was she distant suddenly, we had only spent a short while together before I left but we had bonded, hadn't we?  I felt really close with the girl before I departed.  Was she mad at me for leaving?

"Mia...  Mianhae, Miyoung-ah," I bowed and scurried past her and into the kitchen.  She shut the door behind me, completely isolating herself from the rest of the house.  I thought back to the picture that I found on her laundry basket.  The one of Jungsu.

Maybe he had the answers I was looking for regarding Lee Miyoung.  I wanted to help my friend but to do that I had to find out what was causing her this distress.  At that moment, I heard Jungsu's call from upstairs.

Yes, I would ask Jungsu the truth of his connection with Lee Miyoung.

--

[A/N: Annyeong-haseyo! ❣ヾ( ؔ✪̥ ⌔ ؔ✪̥`﹡)

I'm very sorry for the short chapter, I'm so glad to have finished my exams now though and I look forward to writing a better chapter next week (´っω・o)

Please let me know of any opinions you may have - publicly or privately, I don't mind receiving private messages from my readers, it motivates me and makes me feel very blessed to come into contact with such lovely people ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙♡

I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far, I really am enjoying writing it!  Every time I upload a chapter, I get so excited for writing the next one and so the cycle continues... .:*・✿ ✿.。.:*・(Ő‿Ő✿)

Until next time, my friends! (ஐ╹◡╹)ノ

Love and light,

-Kang Hyekyo~ ヾ(・ᆺ・✿)ノ゙  ]