Merry X-Mas

Experiment MD11 | Hiatus + Editing
XSYKOTICA
 Chapter XVIMerry X-Mas 

B.B. laid in her bunk, waiting for the lights to flash on and signal a new day. She stared at the ceiling with more questions in her head now than ever. She may have been in there since she could even remember, but she learned to keep track of time. If she was correct, that meant today was Christmas day. Many holidays have passed since she's been here, and not a day passes without the question, "what is my family doing right now?" Every time Christmas comes around, B.B. wonders about her mom. Does she remember the daughter that she gave birth to?

B.B. shook the thoughts away.

"Focus. You're in here, not out there," she told herself. "Christmas or not, Bigbang doesn't rest. Too many people are at risk if I lose focus." She paused her train of thought, "too many families are broken."

The lights flashed on and the usual morning announcement came on to greet them.

"Come on, Soul, wake up," B.B. heard Blaze say.

B.B. dragged herself out of bed and walked out the door without looking at the two boys.

Soul looked at Blaze for any explanation, but judging by his face, Blaze was just as confused as Soul. Blaze left Soul and followed B.B.. Soul pushed himself out of bed and followed behind Blaze.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Blaze asked when he caught up with B.B..

"Go train BTS, I'll meet you later," B.B. replied.

Blaze stopped in his tracks, causing Soul to bump into him.

"Something's gonna happen today. I'm not sure what, but B.B.'s up to something," Blaze whispered.

Soul nodded, "let's go to the training room. Regardless of what happens later, BTS is who we need to prepare now."

---

Meanwhile, B.B. decided to take a huge risk. She headed to the 5S room. As expected, it was pitch black inside.

"We need to talk," she called out with a stern tone.

Whispers began to echo around. Countless whispers shifted their volume from soft to loud. B.B. stood there in the dark as the whispers seem to get closer to her. Her expression was blank as she waited for a voice to answer her call.

"Yes, my queen?" a voice replied from behind her.

"It's time for a visit."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, but first I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Will you be by my side?"

B.B. felt the coldness of shadows wrap around her arms, "always."

The shadows whisped around her and soon she was gone.

---

In the training room, Blaze and Soul had warned BTS that today's training would be harder than usual. Remembering the letter, they all nodded and prepared themselves for a tough day. However they knew no matter how much they prepared, it wouldn't do them any good.

"Soul will take you guys on the mat, I'll advise you through your matches," Blaze explained.

The seven boys nodded, but each of them had memories of the first match they had flashing through their minds.

Soul smirked, "I'll go easy."

Namjoon stepped up to the challenge since he was the leader. He faced Soul and tried his best to not look nervous, but he knew it wouldn't get pass Seoul Blades.

"Start," Blaze ordered.

Namjoon sent a punch aimed at Soul's face with one arm, while his leg searched for a chance to trip Soul.

Soul blocked the punch with his arm. He grabbed Namjoon's arm and twisted it. Soul chuckled and wrapped his leg around Namjoon's, causing Namjoon to fall back. Soul let go of him after he hit the floor.

"Your main strategy is to bluff an attack and strike on surprise. It's a good plan, but you can't let your opponent figure it out. You tend to look at the initial target rather than your fake target. A trained eye can catch even the smallest things," Blaze advised.

After Namjoon's turn, five boys followed up with their turns, leaving the maknae last once again.

During Jungkook's turn, he noticed something different about him this time. He seemed frightened, but also distracted.

"Stop," Blaze whispered to Soul.

Soul turned around confused. He looked back at Jungkook and saw what Blaze saw. He was a scared and confused mess.

"Can you see them?" Blaze asked Soul.

Soul's iris went from a dark brown to a bright white color. He took a deep breath as he looked at Jungkook and around the room.

"No way..."

"What?" Blaze asked.

"He's the one they want..." Soul replied while his eyes returned to their natural color.

They both looked at Jungkook in shock, while Jungkook and the rest of the boys looked back in confusion.

---

Meanwhile, the shadows had taken B.B. down to the basement. The shadows revealed her face to Jongup, who was the guard for the basement. He didn't show any signs that he saw her, knowing that he was being watched. B.B. smiled at him before the shadows covered her up again. She entered the basement cell. The shadows left her and went to cover the cameras in the cell.

Six boys looked at B.B. in delight. She wished she could look back at them with a light heart, but she couldn't. The boys noticed and looked at her worriedly.

"I'm sorry," she muttered.

Taewoon, the boys' leader, stood up and pulled her into a tight hug.

"It's okay, Nahee. There was nothing you could do."

B.B. couldn't bring herself to hug him back. She looked around and saw the other boys nodding. She pushed herself out of the hug and forced her tears back.

"I killed him."

"We know," Sungmin said. "But if you didn't they'd be suspicious or they'd try to make a stronger pill."

"You came here because you know what day it is, right?" Jungwoo, the oldest of the boys, asked.

B.B. nodded in response.

"Did you tell him?" Taewoon asked.

"No," she replied in a whisper-like tone.

"Why? It's Christmas!"

"Taewoon...I need to focus on getting out of here. I don't need to tell him the truth. It'd only distract us all from the target."

"But-"

"It doesn't matter what day it is. No one else needs to die," she said before disappearing away with her shadows.

"Merry X-Mas to you too," Taewoon whispered.

"Why do you call it X-Mas?" Yoohwan asked.

Taewoon looked over his shoulder at Yoohwan, "because...Christmas doesn't exist in these walls. Anyone who's been here long enough starts to wonder if there is a Christ. Had he abandon us? That's why we don't say Christmas. We fill it in with X until we get out of here and be with our family again. Just like Christ was when he was born."

Sungmin thought about what Taewoon said.

" '...be with our family again.' Will we be with our family again?"


Wondering what Soul's power is? You'll find out soon~.

I was planning to post this on Christmas, but so many things happened on Christmas I had to move it. Hope you all had a merry Christmas~. Happy new year everyone~!