The Hundredth Day

Experiment MD11 | Hiatus + Editing
XSYKOTICA
Chapter I: The Hundredth Day

Day 100

Today marks the hundredth day that I’ve been here. I know it’s for the good of our country, but sometimes I really do ask myself, “is it really worth it?”.  I feel so lonely. Having 6 other guys in the this place helps, but I miss the outside world. I wonder how my friends are doing; how my family’s doing. Did they forget about me? Are they still alive? Is mom well?

Day by day, I train with 6 other guys, and we get closer to each other. We are forced to stay inside the borders that is a wall made of cement bricks.  All of us were given code names (who knows why). Jin says it reminds him of a book he read called “Divergent”. However, this is no book. This is reality.

I feel as if I’ve lost all memories of what it felt outside the wall in the world.  Actually, I might have forgotten what it was like to feel....

-Namjoon

Namjoon closed his secret notebook and slid it under his mattress. He stared up at the ceiling and sighed.

“Are you awake too?” a voice from his bunk under him asked.

“Yeah. Couldn’t sleep,” he replied.

“Me neither. Are you ready for today?”

“I never am.”

Namjoon rolled over and looked down at the pale-skinned boy. “Yoongi, do you...do you remember anything about the outside world?”

The boy shook his head, “nope. It’s only been a few months, yet I’ve already forgotten what it was like.”

“Do you remember your parents?”

Yoongi nodded, “of course I do. I think about them every day and night.”

Suddenly, the lights in the room flashed on. “Time to wake up BTS. You have 5 minutes to get ready,” a voice announced, signaling that another day of training and testing has arrived.

The 7 boys that were crammed into the room got up slowly and put on their uniforms.

“Did anybody sleep last night?” Seokjin, aka Jin, asked everyone.

“Do we ever?” Taehyung complained.

---

After everyone finished getting dressed and cleaned up, they went to the usual “classroom”. They sat in their assigned seat and waited for instructions.

“Today, you will be given a red pill. This will not affect your daily training schedule at all. We will continue class like usual as well,” the instructor said in a monotone voice.

A red pill was placed on everyone’s desk by a guard when the instructor finished. The boys swallowed the pill without taking their eyes off the instructor.

Jungkook’s hand jerked when the pill was swallowed. “This doesn’t feel right,” he thought. He felt his heart start to slow down to a heavy rhythm. He turned his head to see if his hyungs were ok or not, but the sound of a metal wand hitting his table made him snap his attention back to the instructor. His breathing became desperate gasps for air. He no longer had control over his body, nor his actions.

Red writing appeared on everyone’s desk and it seemed to be either complicated math problems or a jumble of codes.

That was the last thing Jungkook saw before his mind went blank and his vision went black.

---

Jungkook woke up and was greeted by bright lights. He flinched and turned his head away from the bright light. His sight adjusted and he realized that all 6 of his hyungs were lying next to him in separate beds.

“Keep giving them the pills until they get used to it. This experiment will not fail. No matter what,” a man's voice ordered.

"But-"

"You may be a doctor in the outside world, but in here, you are nothing but a man in a white coat who takes orders from us. Now do as I say or...well, you know what happens."

The voices came from the other side of the door. Footsteps were heard and soon another pair of footsteps followed, soon fading away.

Jungkook tried to sit up, but he realized that he still couldn’t control his body. He heard the door open again, but it wasn’t either of the men that walked in. Surprisingly, it was a girl. A girl! Ever since he had been sent into this place, he had never seen a girl. Not even as a scientist, doctor, instructor, or anything. She didn’t seem to be older than him very much either.

“You and your friends are not as safe as you guys think. This is just the beginning. You need to get out,” she whispered to Jungkook. She quickly slid a note into his pocket and ran out the room, not risking any more time that she could get caught in.