New Pill, New Test

Experiment MD11 | Hiatus + Editing
XSYKOTICA
 Chapter XI: New Pill, New Test 

“There’s a new pill.”

“So? I’m not surprised anymore. If there’s a MD03 then I’d expect them to have a different pill. Which would explain why GD would go there,” Blaze said with a matter-of-fact tone.

B.B. kept her head low, not wanting to tell them, but knowing that she has to.

“I-I’m the test subject this time...” she confessed quietly.

“What?” Soul asked, half shocked, half worried.

B.B. sighed and began to explain, “T.O.P met up with me yesterday. The others are becoming too weak to even stand up, so they can’t be tested on anymore. He said, ‘this is the real thing, so you might as well test it’. Seungri suggested I be the test subject this time around too, and GD agreed.”

“B-but...you’re in no condition at all to be tested on,” Blaze said.

“Physically, no. But the pill is more about mental condition anyways.”

“B-but-”

“Blaze, I know. It’s not like I have a choice though.”

Blaze sighed, “okay.”

Soul remained silent in his own thoughts after B.B. confessed that she was the test subject of the new pill, which he had no idea what could do to her. For all he knows, the pill could brainwash her without them even knowing! B.B. may be a girl, the only girl actually, but she’s also the strongest out of all of them. She spent basically her whole life here, with only fragments of her “childhood” memories left, and knows practically every corner and room of this place. It’s no surprise if Bigbang finally saw that as a potential threat and decided to “take care of it” as they say.

“What if they plan to assassinate her like they do to everyone who finds out more than they should?” he wondered.

He shook those thoughts away, “no. They wouldn’t; they couldn’t. B.B. may know a lot, but she’s also needed if they want MD11 to continue smoothly.”

“Soul?” he heard B.B. ask, “are you okay?”

Soul snapped out of his thoughts, “yeah. Just trying to process the fact that you are a test subject. Isn’t that a big risk to the experiment?”

B.B. shrugged, “we do what we have to. For now, let’s just focus on BTS over there. I need to talk to Yongguk about the change. I’ll tell you guys what we came up with during lunch.”

Blaze and Soul nodded before going to BTS, which seemed to be getting beaten by the punching bags, rather than the punching bag getting beaten.

“Do you know anything at all about the pill?” B.B. asked.

Yongguk shook his head, “not much. I do know that the people who started MD03 did make it themselves. No scientists or doctors at all, it was strictly them who created the pill. Scientists and doctors only tested it on some people and that’s all they did with the pill.”

“Wait, what do you mean, ‘tested it on some people’? People as in the people Bigbang tests on, or people as in innocent citizens?”

Yongguk shrugged, “I don’t know. We can ask Himchan to find out when he goes over there.”

“If he gets in at all,” B.B. corrected.

“How do you think the test will go?” Yongguk asked, trying to move away from talking about Himchan.

“I guess it would be like the Strength Test, only with a pill instead of machines and what not.”

The Strength Test was a brutal and merciless test that was custom made for Seoul Blades, and only Seoul Blades. Out of all the stuff that the government has done to them, that was no doubt the worst. The Strength Test pushed you far past your limits. It tested how strong you were physically, mentally, and spiritually. By spiritually, they mean how easy is it to break you until you give up and possibly get yourself killed. It wasn’t a test that was in parts either. They don’t push your limits physically, then move on to mental, and etc.. All three things were tested and pushed at the same time, with the same amount of force. You could do nothing but resist the best that you can, without being an obvious threat. B.B. was only 13 at the time. Even then, she had long found out what she can do and what Bigbang were planning. She couldn’t show them where her real limits were, or else they’d find out right then and there that she was a potential, and very big threat to the system.

Blaze and Soul also went through the Strength Test, but much later than B.B.. Soul took it at 21 at the same time Blaze did except he was 18 at the time. B.B. was 18 when they both took the test. She was only a few months older than Blaze, but they were very different from each other. Blaze and Soul's limits weren’t as threatening as B.B.’s, but she still wanted them to hold back a little. The reason was when the time comes and they begin their plan, the government wouldn’t know how strong they really were and attack them full out.

“Do you think you can go through that again? I mean, one of your strengths is already down.”

B.B. nodded, “I know, but I have a feeling that it’s more about mental, no, spiritual strength this time.”

“Why?”

“Think about it. White pill prepared you body, aka physical strength. Red pill, took over your mind, which is mental strength. It’s probably going to be spiritual strength this time then.”

“So you’re saying they’re going to break you, or try to at least.”

“Possibly. If this is ‘the real thing’, then it might be all three. This could be the pill that takes over my body, controls my actions or thoughts, and use any weaknesses to break me so I’ll be vulnerable to whatever they say.”

“You’ll be their robot.”

“Aren’t I already?”

Yongguk raised his sleeve and looked at his mark, “robot or not, I’m always going to help you.”

She smiled, “I know.”

He rolled down his sleeve and looked back at her, “so have you thought of any changes for your plan?”

“Yeah, we’re going to start soon. Very soon.”


I honestly tried my best so it wouldn't come to this, but I have to.

Experiment MD11 will be on HIATUS until further notice. School's really hectic, and although I'll check in here and there on AFF, I won't have enough time to write a full chapter. I don't know exactly when this will be off hiatus, but you'll know when it is (because there will be an update of course).

I also don't want to end on a sad topic, but it just doesn't seem right not to say anything about it.

I'm sure many of you have heard about the passing of Ladies' Code's members, EunB and RiSe. I sincerely hope that the other members as well as the families of all 5 girls stay strong. Please pray for the girls and their families. EunB and RiSe will never be forgotten, and will always be loved. We hope that they rest in peace and wish the others a speedy recovery. Best friends truly stay together forever.

#RIPEunB #RIPRise #PrayForLadiesCode #StayStrongLadiesCode