Chapter 6

Pictures of You

Sunny stepped out of the bathroom to find Jessica and Yuri standing in front of her. The two taller girls were standing in their sweat soaked clothes just staring at her. She was caught and was only wearing a towel, she felt defenseless and vulnerable.

“Why are you using my shower?” Jessica asked in a cool, calm voice that could send chills.

“Eh heh. You see, Hyunah was using my shower, and she takes a little bit longer and I wanted to shower now and...” Sunny answered.

“Sunny. No, that’s my shower. And Tiffany’s, but my shower,” Jessica said and reached out and lunged at Sunny. Sunny dodged the first attack and ran towards her room. “Yuri don’t let her go to her room!”

Jessica gave chase to Sunny across the home. Sunny had always been more quick, nimble and athletic compared to Jessica, but after a few times Jessica got the timing down and was able to wrap her arms around Sunny and lift her off the ground.

“Ahh! No no no no!” Sunny screamed kicking her feet in vain through the air.

“You broke the rules, so you’ll get what’s coming to you.” Jessica said.

Yuri just stood and watched the entire ordeal with a smile. Jessica used one of her hands and tickled Sunny on her side lightly. Sunny screamed and squirmed in protest. She struggled to get free and out of Jessica’s arm to find only that she lost her towel. Yuri let out a whistle.

“Wow Sunny! Very nice body. So pretty,” Jessica said teasingly holding the towel.

“Hey! Give me back my towel!” Sunny demanded while trying to cover herself up with her hands and arms. Jessica had her phone out and took a photo.

 

Click.

“What are you doing?!”

“Relax, nothing I haven’t seen before,” Jessica responded with a devilish grin.

“Unnie, why are you not wearing any clothes?” Hyunah asked stepping out of the second bathroom. “I’m still young and impressionable you know?”

Everyone laughed at Sunny’s disposition, and Jessica finally threw the towel back to Sunny to end the embarrassment.

“I hate you Jessi,” Sunny said when she walked passed Jessica and slapped her on the arm.

Sunny went to her room to put on clothes and the laughter and smiles died out. Jessica told Yuri that she could use the shower first. Jessica told Yuri that she could borrow any of her clothes if she needed to. Sunny got dressed and came out of her from to find Jessica in the kitchen gathering things from the fridge, and piling them on the counter.

“Still hate me?” Jessica asked as Sunny walked into kitchen.

“You know I do. What are you making?” Sunny asked.

“A salad, we haven’t eaten since this morning.” Jessica answered

“Why don’t you use our shower and I’ll do it for you?”

“Are you sure? Not mad?” Jessica asked to check on Sunny’s offer.

“Of course I’m still mad. I’ll get you back later. I like Yuri, she deserves to eat something decent at least. Go go go, I’ll do it,” Sunny said.

“Okay, thanks sweetie. I still love you, even if you hate me,” Jessica said to Sunny giving her a slight side hug and went off to shower. “And you know what? I know how to make a salad.”

Sunny set herself to work in the kitchen. She prepared the chicken and rinsed the greens and started to slice and chop the ingredients. By the time Jessica and Yuri had finished showering; Sunny had finished making the salad for them. She also had a two juice boxes for herself and Hyunah, who was currently watching TV. Nodding on and off to the program.

Yuri welcomed the salad, and announced that she knew Jessica didn’t make the salad. She thanked Sunny and sat at the table with Jessica having their late lunch. Yuri was wearing a tank top and shorts that she borrowed from Jessica’s wardrobe. Jessica strangely thought ‘Yuri looks good in my shorts’ and noticed that she was the only one in the house not wearing shorts. Normally she wouldn’t take notice but seeing Yuri in the shorts made her more aware.

‘What the hell? It is summer, and I’ve been working out. I got nice legs too. Why am I wearing PJ pants?’ Jessica thought to herself. After their late lunch Jessica went to her room to change into shorts and Yuri offered to do the dishes.

“Aww how cute, Sunny and Hyunah must have had a long day, they knocked out,” Jessica said coming out of her bedroom now wearing shorts.

Sunny was asleep with slightly open and Hyunah had collapsed in Sunny’s lap. Jessica snapped a photo with her phone and turned off the TV for them. Yuri just finished the cleaning the dishes and joined Jessica in the living room.

“Tiffany went to Taeyeon to give her cookies and cupcakes. She should have been home by now. Speaking of which, that’d be her now,” Jessica said picking up her cellphone. Jessica carried a conversation with Tiffany and looked up at Yuri. “Yeah, she’s here. I don’t know. I can ask her. Okay. Yuri, do you work tomorrow morning?”

“No, but I work in the evening.” Yuri responded.

“She works at night tomorrow. That seems weird though. Where would she sleep? I guess. Okay, I’ll ask her. Yuri, how would you like to spend the night? You can say no if you like.” Jessica said.

“Oh no, I’m okay with that. I’d love to,” Yuri responded with a smile.

“She’d say she’d love to. What about dinner? You owe us payment, all that work you had us do for you. Uh huh, yeah I see. Yeah right. Okay, I love you too Tiff,” Jessica said and hung up the phone and smiled at Yuri. “She wanted to have the night alone with Taeyeon, so she wanted you to spend the night and thanks you very much.”

“It’s fine, I don’t mind being here, and I definitely don’t mind the company,” Yuri said with a smile.

“What company? Half of us are sleeping,” Jessica said with a laugh. Yuri laughed too, for Jessica obviously missed the hint.

Sunny woke and stretched a bit and noticed Hyunah in her laps. She made a cute face seeing Hyunah sleeping but then pulled a little bit of aegyo calling out Jessica’s name. Jessica sighed and gave her the controller to the Playstation 3. Sunny thanked Jessica with the same aegyo , which forced Jessica to get up to go to the kitchen.

“How did you know that’s what she wanted?” Yuri asked when Jessica came back with water.

“I just know, what else would she asked for?” Jessica answered.

“I was being nice, I didn’t want to wake Hyunah,” Sunny said starting her level of Little Big Planet.

“Sunny, what did you guys do today? I hope you didn’t stay home all day,” Jessica asked.

“Oh we went to the park today, I wanted to show Hyunah around, but then we ran into my friend and we went to the zoo. YES!” Sunny answered and cheered herself on while playing.

“The zoo? Nice, what friend?”

“Oh, Hyomin. She was at the park and saw us and asked to hang out with us, and then we went to the zoo.” Sunny answered, her Korean accent slipping through as she got more excited with her game.

“She was just there, not in some creeper kind of way was it?” Jessica responded in a quick manner.

“Hyomin? The girl from the restaurant that other night?” Yuri added. Sunny and Jessica nodded. “Oh, she’s very pretty.”

 

“She is very pretty, but no Jessica, she’s not a creeper. She was there taking pictures and saw us on the lake,” Sunny added with a laugh.

“You played with the paddle boats? Oh Sunny you stop at nothing for fun do you?” Jessica asked in a sarcastic manner.

“I’m an energy pill. It can’t be helped,” Sunny added wittingly in Korean with a slight touch of aegyo.

Jessica threw a pillow at Sunny to punish her for the aegyo. Jessica may love Sunny, but there were times she just couldn’t handle Sunny’s aegyo.

“Hey! You might Wake Hyunah!” Sunny protested and threw the pillow back at Jessica. “You made me die. Punk! I hate you.”

“I so regret getting you the book of English words now, calling me punk.” Jessica said.

Yuri and Jessica kept chatting, while watching Sunny play her game. Yuri said Jessica looked stiffed and offered her a shoulder massage. Sunny had a look of envy when Yuri made the offer, and proclaimed she wanted one too. She even gave an aegyo whine that made Hyunah move in her sleep.

“We should go singing, we got a young night still ahead of us,” Yuri said.

“But then we would have to get changed and go outside!” Sunny said. “Blah! Stupid fire...”

“Sunny, it’s no big deal, let’s go then,” Jessica said.

Sunny saved her game and woke up Hyunah to tell her to get dressed. They all wore shorts, and Yuri again borrowed some items from Jessica. Jessica borrowed one of Sunny’s sneakers. Sunny and Jessica had the same shoe size, but Sunny had the larger sneaker collection, while Jessica had more flats. They all loaded into Jessica’s sedan and head out to norabang.

*************************

“I’m home!” Soyeon announced coming through the door. “Aigoo!”

“Yay!” Jiyeon and Hyomin cheered as they welcomed their older friend. They ran up and hugged her. She had a long day and was tired.

“How was your first day unnie?” Jiyeon asked.

“It was tiring, I had to learn all these new stuff and I kept making copies and walking back and forth from places. I’m definitely wearing better shoes tomorrow.” Soyeon answered.

“Unnie, we made you dinner!” Hyomin said, it wasn’t much but hamburger helper was always something that could be done in a pinch. “We were out today, so we didn’t know what you’d like.”

“Anything would be fine. Thank you.” She replied and joined the two girls at the table and helped herself to the macaroni and beef.

After their dinner Soyeon retreated to the shower to rinse herself of the long day. Hyomin went to the desktop computer to start uploading the photos from her camera. She started going through all the pictures to edit their color balance and lighting.

“Who is the pretty girl? And what are you doing to her her?” Soyeon said walking up to Hyomin. “Oh it’s Sunny right? Your new friend?”

“Yeah it’s Sunny. I’m just fixing her face, she wasn’t wearing makeup and there is a light wash out, so I’m just touching up the lighting and shadows,” Hyomin answered.

“Oh but she’s very pretty without make-up though,” Soyeon said.

“I know, bare face doesn’t do well in too much light, I lose all the details! Nor does it do well with too little light. In person it’s so great, but photography is does work that well.” Hyomin said.

“Awww, it’ll be okay. You’re the photo master right?” Soyeon said giving Hyomin a light pat on the back and sat next to Hyomin at the desk pulling out some papers from work.

“I am the master. She is really pretty,” Hyomin mumbled to herself.

She went through photos and noticed how incredibly pretty that Sunny and Hyunah were. It took her a while to go through all the photos and renaming them to help identify all of them. After all that she looked at all the photos again. Hyomin took all her photos at the maximum quality, so she would go through the photos again to resize and crop them for her social sites and picture album.

“You know, maybe you should use your new pretty friends for your photography projects,” Soyeon added nonchalantly while looking through the papers and putting them away in her folders.

“Haha, maybe I should huh? I guess you’ll be too busy to be in photos for me. I hate to have to retire you unnie, you were so good at it. Will you ever survive?” Hyomin asked.

“It will be hard, but I think I’ll get through Hyomin. I just might make it,” Soyeon answered with a slight whim and put away her work. “Are you done? I’d like to use the computer.”

Hyomin said yes and closed out her work and got off out the seat for Soyeon. She pulled out her phone to send a text to Sunny thanking her and Hyunah for the day. She got a text back from Sunny telling her ‘welcome’ and that she was out singing right now with her friends but wished her a great night.

“What, I would have loved to go!” Hyomin said out-loud to herself and texted to Sunny. Hyomin received a ‘sorry, maybe next time’ reply from Sunny. Hyomin replied back with a ‘you better’ and had a smile on her face.

“Did you get a new boyfriend?” Jiyeon said coming out of her room after being on the phone with her friend.  

“No, why is that the first thing in your head. You just think about boys way too much Jiyeon,” Hyomin responded with a laugh.

Soyeon said she was finished with her ‘homework’ and joined the girls on the couch as they watched a drama on TV. Hyomin had a few texts back and forth with Sunny still while watching the drama. Finally Hyomin stopped after Sunny said she needed to focus on having fun and she was being picked on for being on the phone.

“Finally done with the phone huh?” Jiyeon asked. “He got tired of you again didn’t he?”

“She was busy,” Hyomin said defensively and noticed her mistake.

“She? You’re dating a girl?!?” Jiyeon quickly asked.

“No no no, She. She’s a friend. Gosh you must grow up faster Jiyeon,” Hyomin added to her defense.

“It’s so tragic. She failed with men and must move on. My heart goes out to you unnie. I pray you find your one true love,” Jiyeon added in a playful sarcastic tone.

“Aww thank you. It’s so wonderful to have such caring people like you in my life,” Hyomin added.

“Shhh! I’m trying to watch!” Soyeon said slapping the closest girl on the shoulder.

“Sorry unnie,” Jiyeon said with a laugh and then moved into Hyomin. “So is your new lover prettier than me?”

“Oh you know, being prettier than you just isn’t that hard to do anymore,” Hyomin joked.

“You’re so mean. I give you guys a week at most! Then you’ll come crawling back to me, and I’ll say no,” Jiyeon said in a serious manner trying to keep a sincere and mature face.

“Oh, is that so?”

“Yes. Of course. I’m always right.”

“We’ll just have to see then huh?”

The girls finished their drama and the nightly news before retiring to their bedrooms for the night. Hyomin sent a last text to Sunny before she tucked herself away.

“I had fun today! Thanks. Good night and sweet dreams!”