Chapter 12

Pictures of You

She woke up in the morning feeling a little sore in her upper body. She spent yesterday working hard in the gym and had served a lot of tennis balls at practice. She had a late dinner with Yuri and a rather simple night. She considered it a dinner date, if not a full date, but she woke up looking for Advil, Motrin or maybe an aspirin to briefly dull out the pain.

It was pretty early, especially for a Friday. Seven thirty in the morning, it was definitely a stretch for a girl who loved to sleep in when she didn’t have work or school but Six Flags awaits. She went out to the breakfast table to find Tiffany out making the light breakfast for the day. Everyone was up except for Hyunah of course.

“Excited Jessica? It’s gonna be awesome today,” Tiffany cheered.

After breakfast each girl went to their room to change and pack for the day. Hyunah was still slow to move about, it appeared as though Sunny was nearly finished.

“Sunny?! Sweetie, could you come here?” Jessica asked, in her sweet voice that usually indicated she needed something.

Sunny came in looking all cheery and energetic as usual, it’s like she constantly had a combination of prozac and energy drinks flowing in her blood stream but still it pleased Jessica to see Sunny like that (even if she won’t ever admit it).

“Could you help me out? I don’t know which suit to wear?” Jessica asked making a cute puppy face of confusion.

“Try this one, I think it would look best on you,” Sunny answered picking one of the three choices.

Sunny sat on the bed, just fiddling with the other swimsuits as Jessica took off her tshirt. She stood their topless in front of Sunny looking for attention.

“Sunny? My shoulder is feeling a little sore from yesterday, could you help me put it on?” Jessica asked the girl.

Sunny was looking at the top in Jessica hands and slipped some attention up to Jessica’s chest before making eye contact and said ‘sure’. Sunny grabbed the top out of Jessica’s hands and helped Jessica put her arms through the straps and then used both hands to secure the clasps together. They both stood a moment looking in the mirror.

“You’re right, this does look great. I’ll get the bottom. Wait, what are you wearing?!” Jessica said turning around to notice Sunny’s swimwear.

“It’s a rash guard, or some kind of surfer swim shirt. It’s really cute and I got it for only 10 dollars,” Sunny answered.

“10 dollars how?” Jessica inquired.

“It’s from the boys’ section.....” Sunny answered shyly. It seemed more noticeable now. Black and yellow with a little sun in the corner, definitely from the children’s department.

“Haha, you bought that in the boys section. Is it an extra small?! Hehe, wait are you not wearing a swimsuit, and you got me thralling out in a two piece?” Jessica asked teasingly.

“It’s a small!! I am, it’s underneath see?!” Sunny answered pulling down the neck opening over her shoulder to reveal the strap of her top.

“Oh I see, was it because you were worried about your big s falling out?” Jessica teased grabbing Sunny’s with her hands and gave them a honk as they were an air horn of a bicycle. “Hahaha.”

“YAH!!! Don’t do that! ert! They’re not even big! You’re just jealous because I have a great body ratio!” Sunny screamed out in Korean. It meant she was either a bit embarrassed or mad, well heck maybe even a bit of both. Jessica always knew that Sunny wouldn’t be too made for long. “You violated me! I’m not a toy, don’t make me hate you.”

Sunny left the room to go put on shorts to cover her lower half, she made a comment of how she was worried Jessica might try to violate her some more if she didn’t put on some pants. Sunny came back later with shorts on over her bikini bottom and a semi-smile. She was even sporting aqua-socks, and told Jessica she got everyone a pair from work, because she read that wearing flip-flops for too long was bad, and plus the aqua-socks could be used as shoes around the park and go into the water. Jessica’s and Sunny’s were the same color, because the shoes tend to go by color to coordinate sizes. Moments later Taeyeon and Yuri were at the door and ready to go. Sunny announced that her friend would meet them there and so they made off on the road for their adventure.

********************

“Hurry, hurry. We need to be on the road! Quickly...” Hyomin protested with her housemates.

Hyomin was gathering things by the door to be ready, Soyeon and Jiyeon were more slowly moving along. They welcomed the idea of fun and enjoyment, but it looked as if maybe they were still a bit tired and sluggish in movement. The girls all loaded into Hyomin’s little Kia and drove off to campus to pick up Jiyeon’s friend. Fitting four people into a sub-compact car is usually no easy task, the only good thing was that they were all tiny petite Asian girls.

Hyomin fumbled with her phone to text Sunny that she was on the road and got yells to focus on the road. It would be a few minutes of driving to reach the parking lot and the park. There was quite a bit of excitement built up to get to the park, but she shared it alone, as everyone was fell asleep in the car.

“You guys are no fun.” She said out loud, to no one in particular. It stayed quiet until she reached the park just barely after 9am to see other girls waiting in the parking lot for her. The group of girls all gathered, and broke the awkward first meeting. Sunny introduced Soyeon and Jiyeon to her friends, and Jiyeon had introduced Ji-eun to everyone. Jessica and Soyeon made a reconnection but everything was brief as they walk to the ticket counter.

“What do we do first? Water or rides?” Tiffany asked the crowd.

“I don’t know, the water park will close earlier than the rides, so maybe the water first?”

“BOTH!”

“How, we have our bags, and if we put our things in lockers that won’t work?”

“We can make it work! My camera is waterproof!” Hyomin said. “We can lock our bags and towels and ride the rides and play in the water!”

“Okay, that could work. Let’s try that then,” Jessica said.

The girls went up to the locker rentals and rented out three day lockers; enough to hold all their things. The girls put their purses and bags into the locker and even their phones. Jessica kept a small little drawstring bag to hold her phone and everyone cameras,  because you could always put the bags on the shelf when riding. They made their way to the first ride on their way from the lockers, being there so early they were able to grab the first launch of the roller coaster.

“Sunny are you sure you’re tall enough to ride this?” Yuri joked.

“It says 48 inches, I’m WAY taller than that!” She chirped. Everyone laughed, it seemed to never get old to tease on Sunny’s height.

The girls rode the ride and cheered to their heart’s content, and after the ride, the line was still short enough that Hyunah suggested they all run off to ride it again. After the second time around the girls began looking for more rides for fun. They agreed that the water would be more exciting once the sun came out higher. It was 10am and the sun was visible; but it didn’t seem to have any life to it. No dazzle. No pop. No party. Their wasn’t quite enough energy yet to really take on the water festivities. The girls agreed that they would ride two more rides before heading into the water.

****************

After their rides the girls walked back to their lockers. Some girls had to take off their outer clothes to be ready to swim. Sunny only had to take off her shorts, but when she did she heard a familiar click of a camera shutter. She looked up to see it was Jessica who go a photo of Sunny ‘stripping out of her shorts’. Jessica just smiled like it was a normal thing with her ‘gotcha’ face.

Sunny asked Hyomin if she could use her camera since Hyomin was still fumbling through her things with her friends. Sunny took the camera and pointed it at Hyomin to get a video of Hyomin taking off her t-shirt and shorts.

“Haha, this will be great for the memories! Should have done it ier!” Sunny laughed. Jiyeon commented that Hyomin doesn’t know what y is and struggles at it. It was a laughter moment for all.

“Why are all my unnies so dirty minded?!?” Hyunah whined. Which resulted in Sunny taking a picture of Hyunah in her swimsuit. “Ah! I’m still young, you didn’t get my permission!”

Everyone laughed. Hyunah was refreshingly cute and charmful in her whines, as usual. Sunny took pictures of Hyomin in her swimsuit before giving her back the camera.

“Hah, you look rather cute in a bikini,” Sunny whispered into Hyomin’s ear.

Hyomin took the camera and snapped a photo of Sunny running off to Jessica, Yuri and Hyunah who were getting the tubes for the lazy river. Hyomin was puzzled by a contradiction in her mind, she didn’t want Sunny running away from her, but however she did enjoy the view. She had her classic ‘off in wonderland’ face and dazed look until Soyeon tapped her back to reality.

Just as expected the water was refreshing and cool, to counteract the summer heat. Taeyeon and Tiffany, or ‘Taeny’ as Yuri likes to joke were not being too choosy about showing their affection. They looked rather silly trying to share the same one person tube floating down the river.

While Sunny was boastful to Jessica how well her rash guard shirt seemed to be working. Sunny so far had been the only who had submerged herself complete underwater and splashed around. She even worked her way to flip Jessica off her tube and into the water.

“Sunny! Argh...” Jessica screamed and shook her head to shake off the excess water and ran after Sunny trying to thread through the water.

The lazy river was about four feet (1.219m) deep so both girls would be nearly submerged except for their heads and upper shoulders (depending on the girl). Sunny was a stronger swimmer than Jessica so she could escape easily and hide behind Hyomin who was taller than both the girls. Sunny did suspect Jessica had strength over Hyomin but Jessica wouldn’t dare to harm her with Hyomin there. Jessica wasn’t that close with Hyomin yet so she won’t try anything yet. Or at least she thought.

“Owwwwww,” Sunny cried. She had been wrong, Jessica smacked her on the head anyways and smiled at Hyomin before swimming back to Yuri who was holding her tube. After a run through the lazy river the girls ventured off to the wave pool.

The girls laughed and played as the waves moved them all about the water. The day went on, they all surf or tried to surf/belly board in the artificial half pipe, dropped stories from the air riding on water and along fiberglass plastic or screaming on a tube going through tunnels of raging water. There was too much fun going about, no one seemed to noticed how Hyomin and Sunny were constantly being touchy feely and playful. Soyeon just thought it was something the two younger girls do because of their new close friendship. Soyeon would chat with Sunny, but Hyomin always was wrapped  her arms around Sunny laughing at something the two had done.

“Hyunah! Get your over here!” Jessica screamed as she saw Hyunah surround by some muscled ripped men (well boys in Jessica’s eyes). “Hyunah! RIGHT NOW!”

Hyuanh whined her way back to her unnies, and was slapped lightly by Sunny. They told her that she knew better than to let herself be crowded by a bunch of guys. Hyunah said that she charmed boys at school for stuff all the time, everyone laughed while waiting in line for some rapids ride.

The girls took a light, and all consideration a light lunch that was overpriced. Afterwards the girls played in the water before riding all the rides they could.

The lights around the park came on by the time the girls left the park for a little dinner. The dinner was subtle and enjoyable as the girls talked about the fun and moments that they went through. Camera flashes had been going off all night and Hyunah suggest they go sing. Yuri agreed and spearheaded the campaign and gather all the girls to go.

***************

All the girls found a karaoke place that served various drinks and snacks along with the entertainment. They all found a private room with enough space that all of them could fit in and sing to their hearts’ content. All of them smelled of chlorine and sunscreen and they were all still dressed in their shorts. Sunny continued to brag to Jessica about how her surf shirt remained fairly intact, but that only made the other girl smack her on the forehead. Jessica shook her head and commented at how silly Sunny looked wearing the shirt in the karaoke place, but she started to softly laugh at how silly the shorter girl looked performing to Magic Girl by Orange Caramel. All of them were having fun singing and dancing to all of the different songs and someone suggested that they sing a song by Jessica’s sister.

“Who’s Jessica’s sister and what song is it?” Jiyeon asked with her brow furrowed in confusion.

“You don’t know?!” Hyunah questioned back in shock.

“I don’t know about what?” Jiyeon reluctantly asked, “What’s going on?”

Hyunah blankly stared at the other girl before she explained in Korean, “You fool, Krystal of f(x) is Jessica’s sister!”

“Really?! That’s so exciting! We’re sitting with someone who knows f(x)?” Ji-Eun excitedly cheered in Korean as well.

Jiyeon tilted her head to the side and looked over at Jessica. “Wait, so your sister is in Korea, but you’re here… why?” she asked in Korean.

“Seriously, speak in English! We can sing in Korean, but it’s not helping Hyunah whatsoever if we don’t speak English around her,” Sunny interjected as she glared at the girls who spoke in Korean. The Korean speakers sheepishly smiled back at her and nodded that they would speak in English once again.

“Anyway,” Soyeon chuckled before she turned to Jessica as well. “Jessica, I thought you were part of SM’s training program. I remember you and I were in camp together...” she raised her eyebrow and thought back to the earlier days.

“Oh, well I was,” Jessica started. “Tiffany was there for a bit as well. They people at SM told us that they might train us and possibly debuting,” she simply explained.

“You could’ve debuted and been an idol?! Why didn’t you? What stopped you? Your sister did it, but why didn’t you?” Jiyeon suddenly jumped in and loudly asked the older girl.

“Jiyeon-ah!” Soyeon called out, which made the younger girl jump, “You can’t just ask something like that so bluntly, it’s rude! She had her reasons!”

“It’s perfectly fine; she’s young and curious, it’s understandable,” Jessica nodded with a small smile on her face.

Soyeon hesitantly nodded back and looked at Jessica, “You were really good back in Korea. Why aren’t you a trainee, you could’ve been great?”

“I really wanted to do that, but eventually I decided that I wanted to try something else and follow different dream,” Jessica answered as she sipped her drink.

“I still don’t get it…” Jiyeon pouted.

“There are different choices we make when it comes to what we want to do in our lives. I have my own reasons,” Jessica shrugged, but she spared a brief glance over at Sunny and Tiffany.

Yuri raised a careful eyebrow when she noticed the fleeting glance Jessica directed at the two other girls. She wondered if Jessica stopped becoming a trainee because of something that happened because of Sunny, Tiffany, or the both of them. It bothered her ever so slightly that there was a possibility, if not a strong likelihood, that Jessica had left Korea with an opportunity of becoming an entertainment starlet because of two girls who happened to be two close friends, extremely close friends. No way a girl would give up something that good, the friendship had to be close or strong.

She bit her lower lip and fought back the bothersome feeling that started to grow inside of her. Yuri thought maybe Jessica had a strong attraction to either Sunny or Tiffany that persuaded Jessica to leave Korea. It felt to her that she was given another roadblock that complicated her attempts in getting closer to Jessica. Yuri had always been ‘Taeyeon’s friend’ to Jessica, a friend of Tiffany’s. Several months passed before she could comfortably place her hands on Jessica, and it took nearly a year before they started to talk in a regular basis. It had been a couple, possible a few, years since they first met and yet she still struggled with approaching the girl she had a crush on. She questioned herself if she would ever find the courage to overcome whatever barriers lied in front of her that separated her from Jessica.

Soyeon chuckled as a certain memory entered her mind, “Remember that time when we were at camp and the power went out?”

“Yes! Oh, that was just priceless!” Jessica cried out as she pointed at the older girl, recalling the same memory.  She turned her gaze when she saw that Yuri had finished her cocktail and was holding the maraschino cherry in between her fingers. “Hey Yuri, are you going to eat that?”

Yuri raised her eyebrows and a mischievous smile started to creep across her face, “Do you want it?” A little plan started to brew in her head and she had to bite back her smile when she heard Jessica answer yes. She refused to give it to her, though. “Come and get it.”

“No, I’m not going to work that hard for a cherry,” Jessica laughed and shook her head and said as she took another sip of her little bubble tea.

Yuri took a slow breath, but did not let the minor setback faze her. She decided that she might as well seize the moment while she still could. She placed the stem of the cherry between her teeth and turned to Jessica. Without hesitation, she held the other girl’s shoulders down with her hands and lowered her head.

“What the…” Tiffany trailed off as she watched Yuri move the cherry into Jessica’s mouth.

“Oh… my…” Sunny quickly grabbed Hyunah and pressed the girl’s face against her chest in an attempt to shield the younger girl’s eyes from the scene in front of them. Hyomin stared in pure awe while everyone else stared in pure shock.

Yuri inwardly smiled when she managed to successfully place the cherry into Jessica’s mouth which inadvertently made her kiss the girl square on the mouth in an almost forceful manner.

 

Jessica was completely caught off guard. She took the cherry into , but she did not know how to respond to the spontaneous kiss. At first she was hesitant and fought to break away, but she soon kissed back. She was unsure of how to act.

Yuri’s hands slid up and cupped Jessica’s face. She lightly ran her tongue across the other girl’s lower lip before she quickly darted it into the girl’s mouth.

Jessica’s eyes slid shut when she felt Yuri’s tongue slide against her lip, but she let out a quiet whimper when that same tongue slipped into . The bright tastes of lemon, champagne and utter sweetness infused onto her lips, but worked their way into as Yuri’s tongue explored .

Yuri pulled away and nonchalantly said that she was going to get another drink. She left the room as if nothing happened, and it left everyone else shocked and stunned. Jessica stared at Yuri’s retreating back with a slack jaw. She knew she just kissed Yuri, or Yuri had spontaneously kissed her, but none of it registered in her mind. She knew something happened, but it felt like a blur.

Yuri smiled as she ordered another drink at the bar in the lobby. She knew Jessica would not be able to use her usual card of ‘plausible deniability’ mainly because there were too many witnesses around to see the kiss, it was spontaneous and that it was too hot to simply walk away from.

“Unnie! Yah! Let me go!” Hyunah cried out as she tried to get out of Sunny’s hold and away from the older girl’s chest. “What happened?! Did Yuri kiss Jessica?” the young girl asked excitedly.

“Um... surprise?” Jessica half-heartedly answered back, a bit bewildered just as Yuri re-entered the room.

“Why is no one singing?” Yuri calmly asked, inwardly smirking at Jessica’s flushed face.

“I don’t know, but I guess it’s my turn...” Tiffany broke the awkward tension as she grabbed a microphone and started to sing the song on screen.

It was awkward enough as Tiffany tried to bring the room back to life, and it sort of worked. There was a scream that warranted everyone’s attention. Sunny and Hyomin had been fighting for the last chicken nugget and the sauce spilled onto Sunny’s shirt. There was a brief moment of chaos as Hyomin grabbed a napkin from the table and started wiping at the spot.

“Fool! You’re suppose to pat at it! Not rub!” Hyunah said grabbing another napkin and dabbing with water from her glass and started to pat Sunny’s chest on the spot of the stain.

Sunny squirmed partially from her ticklish spasms and part from trying to fend of two girls that were attacking her with napkins. Sunny yelled out in Korean and slapped their hands, laughing and saying she could clean the shirt herself. Tiffany laughed while Taeyeon called Hyunah and Hyomin erts, while Soyeon offered to go with Sunny to the restroom to rinse out the shirt. Sunny walked out with Soyeon, and looked at the room and told everyone that it seemed that only Soyeon was the mature one of the group and laughed. Sunny returned with Soyeon, her shirt was cleaner, and dry and Hyunah was singing to ‘Change’.

After another hour of song and dance, the girls all hugged each other and said their goodbyes. Hyomin had asked an employee to take a group photo of all 10 girls before they parted for the night. It had been a long and adventurous and very interesting day.

***********************

Arriving home, the girls were taking their turns in the shower and handling their nightly routines. Jessica had showered first and retreated to her room and sat on her bed taking deep breaths hugging a large pillow. Tiffany knocked on the opened door and poke her head in asking if she could come in. Jessica just nodded.

“So today umm... I know it’s in the past, but it was very interesting Jessi,” Tiffany started, and took a seat in Jessica’s desk chair.

“It’s not as it seems you know... she kissed me... I mean I kissed her... oh I don’t even know anymore,” Jessica broke out.

“What was it like?” Tiffany asked.

“Sweet... and different... there was a taste of lemon and champagne, but even though it was cheap champagne, the taste was... iunno wonderful?” Jessica struggled to find the words.

“Champagne?”

“Yeah, she was drinking a French 75, you know....” Jessica blurted.

“Lemon juice, sugar, champagne and orange zest, French 75. Don’t question me about my cocktails... but still, it must have been some kiss huh? First time with a girl?” Tiffany responded.

“Yeah... first time with a girl...” Jessica said half-hearten.

“I’m glad you guys are together, it was about time,” Tiffany said, half cheeringly.

“About time?”

“Yeah.. oh you didn’t know? Yuri has liked you, I mean crushed on your for a long time.” Tiffany answered.

“What? Are you serious? I never knew?” Jessica pleaded..

“What are you talking about. I thought you did, that’s why you went out to eat with her all the time and worked out together. I thought you guys were building something... how could you have not known?”

“I thought we just being friendly, friends. Oh god.... I’m so stupid... that’s why she always spent time with me... how was I to know. She was one of your friends, and all you friends were nice. I didn’t think it was anything special going. It isn’t my fault.” Jessica started to build up in defense.

“Well you guys are together now, right?”

“Um.... I don’t know...” Jessica replied.

“Of course you are, that was pretty hot. Taeng said Yuri had spunk, but wow I totally wished I was the cherry for a moment,” Tiffany said. Jessica gave her a glare. “What?! It was hot. I didn’t you know you guys had it in you. A little public and out there though. You guys are something else.”

“I beg your pardon? Are you talking about me?” Jessica was riled up. “I’m not the one who had candles lit, lights off and spent the night doing something very naughty and dirty with my girlfriend and left some stupid scarf on the door handle.”

“What? That night?! Nothing happened.” Tiffany got a ‘you’re kidding me’ look from Jessica. “I’m serious, nothing happened. We gave each other massages okay. I mean it was hot, there were oils involved, and we might have been . But that is all that happened!”

“Liar. That’s not all that happened.” Jessica scoffed.

“Jessica Jung. I am a darling, dear and sweet angel. Nothing else happened,” Tiffany insisted with her right hand over her heart. Jessica just glared. “Don’t look at me like that...”

“Like what? I had a hot make-out session with a girl today, but it was you who had steamy hot with Taeyeon...” Jessica nonchalantly replied.

“It wasn’t ! I pleasured her okay. That’s all I did. That’s it, it wasn’t .... oh!” Tiffany started but covered , she had revealed a bit too much.

“That must have one hell of a massage Tiffy...” Jessica said with a smirk.

“Urgh. Punk! I was here trying to come and comfort you, and you make it all about me and Taeyeon, don’t be jealous that we have something special beyond lust...I was here for you... thanks I get,” Tiffany ranted. Jessica laughed and came up to hug Tiffany and said she knew and thanked her. Jessica worked her head down to kiss Tiffany on the forehead. “Not the lips, these don’t belong to you. Okay, I’m outie, give Yuri a call. She must be dying to talk to you.”

“Okay, I will. Night Tiffy.” Jessica said walking the girl out of her room and closed the door. She found her phone and dialed Yuri’s number.

******************************

It was a perk of being small, or space efficient. Jessica taught her that one, ‘Sunny you’re not short or small, you’re  just space efficient’. Sunny was sitting in the back of her Mini Cooper with her legs dangling out and kicking the air and on the phone with her new girlfriend.

“Yes. I had fun today. Did you? You were really taking a lot of pictures... You have underwater photos? Are you gonna share them? Wait... did you only take photos of my underwater or something? Seriously, you’re a ert. You know the school has like $5 therapy sessions with a psychologist in the Psychology Department, you could definitely use it. Okay, if it’s not just my , and everyone’s that really makes you a ert. Yuri does not have a nicer than me... okay maybe... mind off that, please... yes I know I excel over Yuri there...

“What was your favorite ride?... Really? I enjoyed it too, well I really liked the roller coasters... oh yes! and the loops... and when you’re upside down and going like 60mph, it’s so cool.... did you think I looked cute today?... thank you very much... you looked cute too... who I thought dressed the best, um besides me? hmm.... Yuri looked pretty good, but Soyeon was really cute, Ji-eun too... loser! stop copying my answers and get your own. No I think my friends dress way better than your friends... yes mine are prettier... I don’t have ugly friends.... no, just saying all my friends are pretty in some way... but yes my friends are hotter than your friends... no.... I think Soyeon is prettier than you too... I’m sorry... I think it’s cuz she’s so mature and you’re so.... hahaha.... no yeah we sing better... puh-lease! you dream so much....we had the better scores... Taeyeon is automatically on my team!... why? um.. because she’s dating one of my best friends that’s why.... okay you’re right it was unfair, my team was 6 and yours was only 4 people. Next time we’ll be fair, but you’ll just cry again for losing....

“I did not know about Yuri and Jessica... I know, it’s crazy. I’m a little hurt, I thought we were like best friends, she could have told me... but then again no one know about us yet either... no I didn’t tell anyone either, well only one person knows.... it’s okay she can keep a secret, I feel bad being close to Tiffany and Hyunah and not telling them..... who? does it matter who?... give me aegyo first!... ew noooo..... that was the worst haha.... it’s Jessica, she knows you know she told me to talk to you after that night you confessed... so yeah she knows... haha so Soyeon thinks you have a boyfriend?... oh so that’s who she thinks you’re talking too? cute cute!

“No, I won’t let you near any cherries, or any circular fruits! No berries for you. You are a ert. You were staring the hold time Yuri did that, weren’t you?.... no.... I told you why....no.... don’t make me yell at you in Korean..... haha okay.... I should get going too..... tomorrow? I don’t have any plans.... okay, just call me.... okay.... Goodnight Hyomin!”

*****************