Chapter 27

Pictures of You

Yuri leaned in towards Jessica and gave her a quick kiss on the lips and whispered a softly again, “Happy New Year.” That was all Yuri could give Jessica. That was all she was willing to give. It was easy to for her to reach across and lock lips, it was easy to take themselves to the bedroom and give ‘make-up ’ a try but it was well past ‘easy’ as far as Yuri was concern. Jessica loves Sunny. But she has feelings for Yuri too. How does Yuri take that? Is this forgivable? Can it slide? Should she be understanding? Should they talk about it some more? No. Just no. She’s given up too much of her night into this; she should have some fun at the end.

 

“I’m going up and catch the last of the party. I can’t stop you from coming up, they’re your friends too... anyways, good night Jessica,” Yuri said in a calm but clearly stern, almost forced tone. She stepped out of the car and walked to the door to the complex. Jessica stayed seated in the driver seat; thinking of what to do. She should go up. Things weren’t resolved. Damnit Jessica, get your out of the car. Instead she buried her face into the steering wheel.

“I’m such a ing mess...” Jessica said to herself.

Yuri came up to the apartment and was immediately welcomed by her roommate Taeyeon, who obviously had a few more than just a one glass of sparkling wine. Tiffany was rather spunky as well. Yoona welcomed her but obviously knew where Yuri had come from. Only Yoona seem to know the inner workings of things at the moment but she was enjoying her time mingling with the cute boys that were at the party. She felt slightly over dressed for the occasion and went for her room to change. She took her time, there was no hurry. She wasn’t hungry, but maybe she could use a drink. There was still plenty of wine and drinks left. She walked out of her room to find Jessica had come up. She was occupied by Taeyeon and Tiffany; both who were extra touchy feely now.  

“Jessica! Jessi! It’s New Year! And... And... Tiffany says... She thinks you would be a good kisser... So I want a kiss from you! Just one! To see if you’re really that good!” Taeyeon said to Jessica. The request caught her off guard.

“Don’t be a wuss Jessica! Just kiss her, it’s totally okay. I give you permission to make-out with my girlfriend!” Tiffany said, egging her own.

“No! I can’t. That would be weird, and I don’t think Yuri would like that, I’m sorry,” Jessica responded.

“What?! Awww don’t be like that! Oh Yuri! Come here! Come here!” Taeyeon called out to Yuri. Yuri walked over to the little crowd and immediately jumped into the conversation. Her smile was polite and warm; she was able to put up a great face for the friends. “Yuri, will you please give Jessica permission to kiss me? Because... because... crap... why again... oh because we want to know how good of a kisser Jessica is, so may we have your permission?”

Yuri was taken back by Taeyeon’s question, but then again Yuri knew that the smaller girl was a bit of a dork and what worst her true erted-ness comes out when she’s had a few drinks. Yuri thought about it, and smiled and said yes. Jessica was floored. She didn’t know how to react. Was this a test? Yuri gives her blessing but really wants me to know kiss Taeyeon? What to do? What to do? Kiss Taeyeon?

“See, she says it's okay. So pucker up and kiss me!” Taeyeon said and reached her hands to grab Jessica’s head and started her pull. Jessica tried to resist while she was still deciding what to do. She looked at Yuri who just looked on; offering no help. Jessica decided to act fast and give Taeyeon a peck on the lips.

“NO WAY! What the heck was that Jessi! That’s not a kiss!” Tiffany screamed.

“Yes it was!”

“If that was a kiss, then I’m freaking 5’6 with a million dollars in my own girl group!” Taeyeon protested.

“Kiss her like you mean it! Do it!” Tiffany egged her on.

“Maybe you should kiss her like you love her... you know how to love someone right?” Yuri added. That was cold of her. The look in Jessica’s eyes confirmed to Yuri that the words did exactly what she wanted them to do. “Pretend that you love Taeng... and kiss her.”

Taeyeon went in again for a kiss but this time, but the kiss to happen just long enough to please the erted shorter girl. Jessica gave a satisfying kiss and was able to taste the traces of margaritas in her friend’s mouth. Taeyeon wiped her lips and shrugged her shoulders and gave a thumbs-up but then her face lit up with a thought.

“OH! I’m so sorry Yuri! I should offer you Tiffany! Yeah, since I kissed Jessica it’s only fair that I let you kiss Tiffany!” Taeyeon offered, feeling quite proud of herself for coming up with such a wonderful idea.

“Oh this seems awkward!” Tiffany said with a slight blush. Taeyeon was excited and jumpy, she figured it was only fair that Yuri get to kiss her girlfriend. Yuri smiled and thought ‘oh what the hell’. She nodded. Tiffany thought about and laughed. “Okay okay... just one kiss... but you have to make it really good because this won’t happen again... like ever...”

“Make it hot!” Taeyeon shouted. Yuri reached in and pulled Tiffany in for a kiss. As per Taeyeon’s request, Yuri made it hot. She made every effort to make it memorable, unforgettable and passionate. Tiffany provided slight moans of approval and Taeyeon cheered. After the kiss Tiffany just stood there and said ‘wow’. Taeyeon then slapped Yuri’s shoulder in a slight drunken violence, “Argh! You made it hot but now too hot... she said ‘wow’. Now I have to top that every time I kiss her!”

“Well Jessi, I can see that you guys must really have fun... she’s a great kisser,” Tiffany said in almost a giggle after coming back to reality. “You’re lucky!”

“Wait?! Why is she lucky? Am I not a good kisser?” Taeyeon protested.

“Of course! The best! Look, baby there is an unopened bottle over there!” Tiffany pointed. Taeyeon shouted ‘where’ and darted for the Smirnoff. Taeyeon was a lightweight in comparison to Tiffany, so Tiffany always was the one Tiffany giggled. “She’s so adorably easy to control when she’s like this!”

Jessica looked a bit crushed though and it made Yuri regretted what she did. It was too much, but then again the message was clear. ‘Jessica, I am incredible and desirable, you’ll miss out if you screw this up’. Tiffany was normally the jealous type but this time she got Jessica feeling jealous. She knew it hurt Jessica to see that. Yuri excused herself to get something to drink and walked off.

Jessica smiled and laughed; her mind was occupied on the kiss Yuri gave Tiffany. Yuri was punishing her. Think positive, Jessica told herself. This mean Yuri still cares. Yuri still wants her. Jessica could bounce back; she could win her lover back.

********************************

Soyeon staggered into the front door and just let her bags hit the floor. She sighed loudly as she took off her scarf and coat and let it hang on the hook. Working on New Years . She couldn’t complain though, she had a salaried job right out of school in the tough economy. Of course it had some

drawbacks; she had to work long hours and give up some of her ‘free-time’ just like all the other new fresh-out-of-school employees.

“Soyeon, is that you? You’re back?” Hyomin asked not bothering to look at the door or even get up. She kept her arms wrapped on Sunny.

“Yes it’s me... you guys didn’t even bother to check and see who it was, I could have been a bad guy...” Soyeon scoffed.

“But we heard the locks and keys jingled, so it had to be you,” Hyomin answered in a ‘miss smarty pants’ fashion.

“What are you guys watching?” Soyeon walked over to the couch and looked over at the TV. She was tired and exhausted; she even had plenty of the sleep the night before. She slept early to grab extra hours of rest but work had really drained her. She was instantly envious of how comfortable and relaxed Hyomin and Sunny looked.

“Do you want to watch with us? We have plenty of popcorn, and I don’t think Hyomin ate all the food...” Sunny politely asked. Sweet Sunny, Soyeon always liked Sunny for her polite manners. The invitation seemed inviting but they had taken up the whole sofa.

“Give me some room you fatties!” Soyeon joked and pushed herself to sit where their legs and feet had once occupied. The two ruffled a bit and giggled as they moved under the covers to give Soyeon some room. Soyeon had noticed the two didn’t let the blanket slip off of them while they repositioned. Fair enough, maybe they wanted to stay warm... but wait, the heater was on and there seemed to be a lot of candle lights. It clicked.“You two guys are under there aren’t you? You did it on my sofa didn’t you?”

Both the girls laughed out loud. “No no no! We’re not ! Promise!”

“We can’t even get it going in the bedroom, we’re not ready for the couch yet!” Hyomin laughed and whispered something into Sunny’s ear. Sunny responded with a laughing ‘no’ but then finally laughed after Hyomin whispered it again. Hyomin brought her attention back to Soyeon. “Don’t you want to change?”

“Yeah Soyeon, you been in those clothes all day... Don’t you just want to take them off?” Sunny asked and immediately giggled afterwards. Soyeon raised her eyebrow, she was putting pieces together.

“I’m not like Jiyeon and just strip off and walk around with nothing on...” Soyeon started. “If you’re trying to get me to strip down so you can see my goodies well that just isn’t happening...”

“Oh why not! You should! Just once! It’s New Years and we’re not even drinking! You got to have a little fun!” Hyomin shouted and got up letting the blanket slide off. She immediately realized she was topless and covered herself and laughed.

“Oh no... I think I’ll just go to sleep instead,” Soyeon said. Hyomin and Sunny giggled.

“Join us, we can finish watching together,” Sunny added sweetly. Soyeon sighed. “But if you join us, you have to be dressed correctly...”

The girls giggled again. Soyeon sighed and went off to her bedroom. Sunny had left the sofa to refill their drinks and look for Hyomin’s bra top. Soyeon returned to the sofa, sans her business work clothes. She came back in a mesh and lacy babydoll gown and returned to her spot on the sofa.

“Looking hot and y Soyeon! You’ve been holding out on us!” Hyomin commented. “Although it would have been nice to see you strip down in front of us... or maybe even topless...”

“Oh no... this is as far as I go... besides Sunny is gets to wear a camisole then I can wear a gown... You’d have offered me food, food which I paid for by the way, like that is anyway to see any of my goodies,” Soyeon answered matter-of-factly. Hyomin gave a fake pout and then bursts into a small giggle.

“It looks really nice on you... it really compliments you... I should get one...” Sunny said. Soyeon smiled politely and thanked Sunny for the kind words, even if it may have been slightly awkward.

“It’s funny you should say that because Hyomin and Jiyeon bought this for me last Christmas, it’s my first time wearing it... I have another one if you wanted to try it?” Soyeon stated. Sunny got a bit excited and said yes; she took Soyeon’s hand and went to the bedroom.

“Hey! Not fair! She’s my girlfriend, if anything she should be trying on my lingerie!” Hyomin whined.

“You stay!” Soyeon yelled back. Sunny and Soyeon went through the closet drawer to pull out the lingerie top. Sunny felt a little shy about pulling off her cami in front of Soyeon, but it would come to past. Soyeon is an unnie who must have seen plenty of topless girls from those days in training at SM.

“The tag is still on it!” Sunny said. Soyeon laughed saying it was alright and produced a small pair of scissors to snip the tag off. Sunny slipped the lingerie top on. Though both girls were XS, but Sunny’s bust was slightly larger than Soyeon, so they were accented just a bit more.

“Wow it looks good on you, really good. I definitely wish I had those,” Soyeon said. She teased a bit about Sunny’s . Sunny blushed a bit and laughed along. “The matching is the same size, do you want to try it to? You can have the whole matching set... because right now you look all y on top, but on bottom it’s a snowman saying ‘Happy Holidays’...”

“They are cute! Hyomin got them for me for Christmas, I think it would upset her if I took them off,” Sunny said. Soyeon cut the tag off the bottoms.“I don’t wear that kind of underwear often...”

“Oh? Well it’s more comfortable than you think, it’s not that bad. Come on try it! You’ll look great, and Hyomin will definitely appreciate it!” Soyeon said with a wink. Sunny laugh and stepped into the closet and closed the door slightly while she changed out.

“You know Hyomin isn’t that bad of a ert... just misguided...or I don’t know how to describe it,” Sunny said through the door. Sunny stepped out and gave a small spin.

“What do you mean?”

“Oh, I think Hyomin is erted and she gets , but doesn’t know what to do on that yet...” Sunny explained. Soyeon, being older and wiser thought about what Sunny said and answered with a long ‘ohhh....’ Sunny chuckled, “To be honest, I’m not sure what to do about the um... physical attraction either. I don’t even know why I told you that.”

“It’s okay, I don’t mind. We’re all adults so don’t worry,” Soyeon laughed. “Let’s go show Hyomin your new look.”

“Soyeon, I don’t mean to pry, but do you like... boys or girls? I mean you’re really good with us... err like you accept me and Hyomin really well... so I just don’t really know... not that it matters...”

“If I said I’d like girls, then it would be rather strange that I just gave you some of my lingerie to wear right?” Soyeon asked, provoking an awkward silence from Sunny. “I’m just kidding. I had a boyfriend in Korea. Here, I haven’t dated that much... and now... I barely have time for anything...”

“I don’t think you really answered the question,” Sunny said spinning one last time in front of the mirror.

“Oh?”

“Hyomin only dated guys before me... so...”

“Get your out there and seduce Hyomin!” Soyeon said cheerfully disregarding Sunny’s comment. Soyeon like boys and always would as far as she was concern but it felt fun teasing Sunny along, besides it helped her accept the lifestyle choice easier.

“But this feels so weird!” Sunny said pinching at the dainty garment.

“You’ll get used to it, you never worn a g-string before?”

“I mean, I’d never had to, and you know they’re not that popular in Korea so it just never came up… like why wouldn’t I just not wear underwear then?” Sunny said expressing a cute frustration that was evident of her inexperience with the garment. She sat down on Soyeon’s bed and blew the strands of hair out of her face. She softly spoke, “I can feel your bedsheets on my cheeks, it’s really soft, and nice.”

“Yeah, that happens, your is going to feel a lot more stuff now…” Soyeon said in response with a bit of ‘unnie’ wit. “It’ll get better, you’ll get used to it and even forget you’re wearing them. Come on, let’s go.”

“I guess, these sheets are nice, kinda cold though.”

“Oh wait... do you want to have some fun?” Soyeon asked. Given the clothing (or lack of) they were wearing, Sunny just had a puzzled look on her face as she was analyzing Soyeon’s question. “Not that kind of fun... let’s play a prank on Hyomin!”

“I thought you were tired?”

“Oh, I can definitely battle through for this...”

“Okay... what do you have in mind?”

“Come here...” Soyeon said and whispered into Sunny’s ear. Sunny lightly giggled and then held a serious look. “You think you can do it?” Sunny nodded. “Let’s go!”

***************************

“That was awkward...” Sunhwa said.

“Yeah... Why did they kiss?” Hyunah asked.

“I don’t know... why would you let your girlfriend kiss someone else?”

“This is what happens when you drink too much... I guess.” Hyunah said.

“Oh wait... I just realized something. We’re both pretty girls. They like girls. They’re had too much to drink. What’s to stop them from trying to kiss us?” Sunhwa wondered.

“What?!”

“I mean... what’s to keep them off of us... oh no... I’m so young, and pretty... I don’t want to get by the unnies,” Sunhwa started. Hyunah was startled by statement but then she realized they would be safe, from Yuri at least. The information finally processed through her head and figured what Yuri did, or rather why she did it.

“I don’t think they’ll want you, you’re not their type.”

“What?! Now I’m offended...”

“You’re offended they couldn’t want you and you? Do you want them to?”

“Well no, but it offends me that they wouldn’t... are you sure they wouldn’t? I mean... I’m...” Sunhwa started to rambled.

“This isn’t good... Jessica messed up big time... Oh Sunhwa stop being selfish! Stop thinking about yourself, okay... we failed the mission...Sunhwa!” Hyunah couldn’t believe how Sunhwa was still thinking about how she failed to be ‘their type’. “Unnie! Focus!”

“There’s nothing we can do. If she’s mad, she’ll be mad. If we get too involved we’ll be in trouble too... Yuri looks scary, I don’t want to be on the end of her wrath...” Sunhwa said.

“We need to do something...”

“Um... party’s over!” Sunhwa yelled. The crowd was already slowly dwindling before Sunhwa’s announcement. “Time to go!” Sunhwa was able to get other people straggling out. The thin girl figured that getting people out of the way was the best thing to do first, besides Taeyeon and Tiffany weren’t in any real condition to continue to party. Guests thanked Taeyeon for the party.

Slowly and surely the remaining girls stayed around to help pick up after the party until the mess was acceptable; by then the contact between Yuri and Jessica was limited and often brief. Tiffany and Taeyeon were just too far distracted to notice but for Hyunah, she could tell. She was just floored how so much could happen.

“So what do we do now?” Sunhwa asked Hyunah in a whisper.

“Well, we should get Jessica home so we’ll ask her for a ride. I don’t think any good can come from Yuri and Jessica together tonight... I mean seriously it would seem bad,” Hyunah answered back.

“Do you think they broke up?” Sunhwa asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t think so, but it looks like it will go that way. There is this vibe, if they were really broken up Jessica wouldn’t be here...”

“How is it you know so much about this but can’t handle math?”

“Jessica unnie! Can you take us home?” Hyunah asked avoiding the question altogether. Jessica smiled politely and answered yes. She briefly said goodbye and hugged Taeyeon and Tiffany, and said some short words with Yuri. On the surface it looked normal, but Hyunah could see the subtle signs of conflict. The car ride was rather quiet; everyone was a bit tired and conversations were limited. Jessica wasn’t the best actress in the world but she did her best to put up a festive front.

Jessica excused herself to shower first and get out of her elegant dress, it was clearly obvious that she just wanted some alone time. Hyunah and Sunhwa just excused themselves into their room and tried to figure out what happened.

“Oh man, this is bad,” Hyunah muttered.

************************

Soyeon and Sunny returned to the living room; definitely catching Hyomin’s eye with the outfits. Hyomin let out a breathless encouragement of Soyeon’s y lingerie on Sunny. Sunny chuckled and called Hyomin a and took a seat in between Hyomin and Soyeon.

“Hyomin, doesn’t Sunny look amazing? Isn’t it cute how we match?” Soyeon asked, it was a bit out of character for Soyeon and Hyomin suspected that Soyeon was teasing in someway but then again Soyeon was always so aloof and tricky to predict.

“It’s a trap, I’m not falling for it but that is rather cute,” Hyomin carefully answered.

“Sunny, you look amazing! I mean that bandage on your leg, that scar that runs on you... it makes you look kind of badass... like you were some war hero or action star. It’s kind of hot actually, I can’t believe you guys haven’t done it yet,” Soyeon said. Hyomin looked deeply confused at what Soyeon had said; did Soyeon just say that? Did Sunny just giggled to Soyeon’s statement? What the hell?

“Thanks.That’s really sweet of you Soyeon,” Sunny replied. “We have been taking our time, plus neither one of us really knows what we’re doing...”

Soyeon playfully ran her hand up Sunny’s thigh, feeling the bandage and working her fingers around the skin. She lowered her voice to a seductive tone. “Maybe you need someone who has a little experience...”

Hyomin turned away from the TV screen and eyed over to her right immediately. “What?! Soyeon don’t play around like that!”

“Who says I’m playing?” Soyeon answered and had her hand put behind Sunny pulling her in closer. “You have beautiful lips... I can see why Hyomin likes to kiss you so much...”

Sunny continued to play her role as the enchanted seduced girl and said a shy and meek ‘thanks.’ Hyomin stood up and yelled out a ‘hey’ to Soyeon but she paid no attention as she ran her nose up from Sunny’s cleavage to her neck.

“Soyeon what are you doing?” Sunny asked, a bit apprehensive and shy with the slight hint of worry. Hyomin was distraught; why wasn’t Sunny pulling herself away from Soyeon.

“Sunny, I know you love Hyomin but maybe you need someone to show you more advanced... and intimate ways to show it to her... and I can help... You’ll really like it...” Soyeon said again in her y voice, with pauses at just the right moments. Hyomin pulled Sunny away from Soyeon and was a bit angered, the joke wasn’t funny. Lean back down into her seat and let out a loud sigh. “Hyomin, a girl has needs. ual needs, eventually she’ll get bored and since you don’t know how to, I figured I could just show one of you.”

“No! No! No way Soyeon! Not funny! That’s not true, I’ve been doing pretty well. I don’t know what ‘needs’ you’re talking about,” Hyomin huffed.

“Right, and that’s why you’re so y all the time,” Sunny remarked.

“Do you have ‘needs’?” Hyomin asked.

“Of course she does! Every girl does! And since you both failed to satisfy those needs, I thought I could help. I mean I have needs too,” Soyeon said.

“What are you trying to say?” Hyomin asked.

“She’s suggesting that she sleeps with me, or maybe even you... so our needs are satisfied and one of us learns so that next time... we won’t be so... um, lackluster,” Sunny explained quickly.

“WHAT?!?!” Hyomin shocked.

“See, Sunny’s smart...” Soyeon coolly stated and she got up. “I’m going to go to my room... if one of you want to join me... that would be nice... or better yet the both of you...”

“Eh? Well go enjoy yourself...” Hyomin said while looking over to Sunny. “Wait, Sunny did you want to go?”

“She does have a good point... one of us can go... well learn for next...” Sunny said shyly, hoping to trigger the worry in Hyomin.

“Sunny....”

“Would you rather go? I mean you can go...” Sunny said hesitantly. Hyomin was shocked to hear Sunny’s answer. She didn’t know how to respond to hearing Sunny’s words.

“I don’t... I can’t go with Soyeon. I’ve known her all my life. I can’t imagine her like that, or see her like that. Sunny you can’t be really serious...” Hyomin answered, it will be too weird. This was already too weird and awkward to consider. “I mean… This isn’t funny, just no.”

“It won’t be emotional, it’s a learning experience. She’ll never have what we share, so it’ll be okay...” Sunny whispered to Hyomin.

“That doesn’t make it right. isn’t a game or anything you know...” Hyomin whispered back.

“You always want though how can you say that?!” Sunny answered in rebuttal. Hyomin hadn’t actually thought of a defense to that claim, Sunny had her on the ropes; her argument had flaws and Sunny was quick to expose them. But Hyomin wasn’t that adventurous or daring, nor did she really want to share Sunny, but they were both inexperienced. Soyeon was a friend, a close unni and definitely experienced, or well Hyomin didn’t actually know that much of Soyeon’s -life, or if she had one.

“So if you do this... you’ll come back to me right? You wouldn’t leave me for Soyeon?” Hyomin asked. Sunny leaned in and gave Hyomin one of her favorite kisses and whispered soft words of reassurance.  Sunny got up and followed Soyeon off into the bedroom and closed the door.

“You are such a good actor! I didn’t think you could pull it off,” Soyeon said. She complimented Sunny with a high-five.

“Are you sure this will work? It seems a bit mean, she had her sad eyes when I left...”

“It will be okay. Now we just got to wait like five minutes or so and then we’ll need to get loud,” Soyeon explained. Sure enough after five or so minutes they started to make some noise that were fitting for a very dirty movie. “Say my name... but like do it in a moan, that will get her attention.”

What are you thinking Hyomin?!? How could you just let her do that? Soyeon really was into girls? Why is she? Is Sunny going to fall for Soyeon? A series of questions ran through Hyomin’s mind and the screams of ‘Soyeon’ did catch her attention. She couldn't help but creep towards Soyeon door to hear better; it was strange she didn’t want to listen but stopped at the door anyways. It sure sounded like a good time was going on in there... how did this even come to happen?

Soyeon had changed into knee length sleep shorts and a tshirt while Sunny bounced slowly up and down the bed to create distractionary noise for the girl listening on the other side. Soyeon offered Sunny an oversized college t-shirt to cover herself up a bit to fight the chilled air.

“Is she listening?” Sunny asked flipping through a department store catalogue.

“Oh yeah, you can tell. Look!” Soyeon said pointed to the slight shadow that leaked through the bottom of the door. “She’s listening. Here I have an idea to drive her wild.” Soyeon pulled out her phone and pulled up a video from her browser, and let it played out loud closer to the door.

“Did you just pull up a o on your phone?” Sunny asked in shock. Soyeon just smirked and didn’t bother with an answer, as Sunny could hear the sounds of an adult girl-on-girl video playing. “So these are the bedsheets? That’s a lot!”

“Yeah, but I mean it’s worth it, you said it’s nice. You won’t regret getting it, I promise,” Soyeon said to Sunny handing a post-it note to mark down the page.

The video was going through an intense that disappointed Hyomin. It was apparent that they were having a good time. Her emotions drove from anger to sad back and forth until she heard a name said. The name wasn’t Sunny or Soyeon, she then figured something was up and burst through the door. To her surprise she found Sunny and Soyeon just sitting on the bed going through catalogues while Soyeon’s phone was on the floor playing a video.

“What the hell?!?!” Hyomin said at the top of lungs. Sunny and Soyeon stared for a moment and then burst into laugher. “ARGH! YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN! You have any idea how traumatizing this whole experience could have been?!?! I mean seriously!!!”

She had a mix of anger going on, which could be seen as cute but also as dangerous. Because she couldn’t hit Sunny so she directed her tiny rage towards Soyeon. “I hate you guys! That wasn’t cool! NOT EVEN FUNNY!!! SO WRONG!”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! Stop hitting me!” Soyeon laughed. She grabbed Hyomin’s hands and proceeded to hug the angry girl. Her huffing and puffing began to die down to acceptable norms but the girl was still upset. “I’ll make it up to you! You know we love you... I couldn’t pass up this opportunity... it was my idea so don’t be too mad at Sunny.”

“She’ll get over it,” Sunny said, slowly ending her laughter.

“You say that like you know. I wouldn’t be too sure about that,” Hyomin countered. “Words just can’t...”

“Aww, you know I love you....” Sunny said and hugged Hyomin after Soyeon. Hyomin still had a little huff in her but she did feel a bit more relieved knowing nothing happened between two very important ladies in her life. Still she couldn’t let a prank like this go, but she had to admit the commitment and acting from Soyeon and Sunny was very commendable. “I’ll make it up to you, I promise.”

“You better... because I wasn’t amused. Like at all. Not at all,” Hyomin said accepting Sunny’s apology. It wasn’t something she was particularly proud of, but sometimes she could change her moods quickly and forgive rather quickly. “I won’t forget this.”

“Are you okay? Was it too much?” Sunny asked showing her concern after the laughter completely died out and letting go of the girl from her arms. Hyomin nodded and smiled weakly. “Soyeon told me you would be okay with it... she says you two have done much worse to Jiyeon.”

“I don’t know if we ever done anything this bad to her, this was pretty bad!” Hyomin responded with a slight uproar. “We didn’t do anything that would have scared for her for life...”

“Speaking of which, Jiyeon is calling...Hello?” Soyeon picked up her phone and answered. She later hung up with a long sigh of disappointment. Jiyeon had one too many drinks and needed a way home because she didn’t think it was safe anymore. “So Hyomin, do you know where that party of hers was?”

“Yeah, it might be better if I just go. I dropped her off after all, besides I need to some air anyways! After the stunt you pulled!” Hyomin said. Soyeon did have a long day at work; she was tried and should rest, even if she had mustered the energy for a prank it was doubtful she had energy for a late night drive.

“Okay. Thanks. Hyomin you’re the best Hyomie,” Soyeon said. “You can take my car if you like, if that would be safer...”

“I’ll be back later, you just get some rest,” Hyomin said. Soyeon again thank Hyomin with a gentle kiss to the forehead and then climbed into her bed. Sunny had gone off to get dress to go with Hyomin. “Who said you get to come along?”

“You know I’m still gonna be going...”Sunny said in a definitive tone. The two got into Soyeon’s sedan and headed through the chilling weather to rescue Jiyeon from the wrath of drunken boys, and Jiyeon herself was a bit hands-on after a few drinks. “We only did it because we wanted to tease you, you know that right?”

“Yeah, I got it.”

“I mean you such a failure of a ert so it’s funny to put you in such a situation, so I’m really sorry if you were offended or if you thought it was too much. Really. I am,” Sunny reiterated. Hyomin sighed.

“It’s okay. I mean it’s not okay, but I forgive you... I mean I know, just.. You had to tell Soyeon that I was a ert, and a bad one?”

“She’s smart enough to figure it out, she’s really experienced and knowledgeable,” Sunny said.

“What does that mean?! Experienced and knowledgeable?! Did she do something to you?! I thought you guys were just playing around. I thought it was a prank to make me think... Sunny, did you?!” Hyomin asked. Sunny just smiled and shrugged her shoulders. “That’s not funny! Sunny! I demand an answer right now!”

Sunny remained silent and refused to answer Hyomin’s question. Hyomin decided to use her right hand to lightly tickle Sunny’s side. Sunny screamed and wiggled in her seat under the duress from Hyomin’s attack. “Tell me!” Hyomin demanded. Sunny continued to resist but eventually caved in and answered. “No we didn’t do anything. We were acting the whole time! Stop! Stop stop!”

“You’re so easy. You’d be a horrible spy,” Hyomin said with a satisfied smirk.

“I’d be awesome, I’d be freaking ninja!” Sunny responded.

“Oh I’m sure,” The two arrived to the party location and agreed that Sunny should stay in the car while Hyomin went to search for Jiyeon. Hyomin being completely sober was able to navigate the crowds, glass bottles and red solo cups went looking for her friend and spotted Jiyeon. She was surrounded by a few guys looking to get a little attention and her friend Jieun was already passed out. That just meant she would need to also bring her home as well. Why couldn’t Jiyeon just have the sense to bring herself and Jieun back to Jieun’s dorm room? She would need help, called Sunny and asked her to come up to help. Hyomin let the guys know that Jiyeon wasn’t sticking around for conquests. “Hey you guys, back off. She’s going home!”

Sunny limped her way through to find Hyomin just standing over a rowdy Jiyeon and a passed out Jiyeon. The image was comical. Sunny would help Jiyeon and Hyomin would carry Jieun; though on a normal day it would be the other way around. Making it out of the party was harder than coming in, not just because of the weight the had to carry but because of the onslaught of guys coming up offering ‘help’ and ‘rides home’ and various other ual advances. It turned out getting to the car as dangerous as navigating through a minefield. They finally made it through.

“Oh man that was harder than I thought...” Sunny said with a sigh.

“There were so many hot guys!” Jiyeon yelled drunkenly.

“They just wanted to get into your pants Jiyeon,” Hyomin corrected.

“Well the trick is on you! I’m not wearing any pants!” Jiyeon said and tried to pull the bottom of her skirt to prove her point but Sunny stopped her and proceeded to push her into the backseat. “Wait! Didn’t I call Soyeon?”

“She’s busy, get in the car and stay quiet, right now missy!” Hyomin said sternly. Jiyeon was obedient and slid into the seat quietly. After Jiyeon was put in the car they were ready to go. “Alright, finally we can go!”

“That was insane. Did you see the people there? Kids, alcohol and no adult supervision is just bad, that was crazy. If you didn’t come get her I can almost be sure some guy would have had his way with her. Maybe several guys,” Sunny said. Hyomin loudly ‘shhh’ Sunny. She turned back to check on Jiyeon who

had passed out. “It’s okay, she passed out and you know I’m right.”

Hyomin knew Sunny was right so she must muffled out a small yeah. She heard a ringtone and knew that Jessica had sent Sunny a text message. Hyomin had by now learned all the tones Sunny had in her phone for everyone, she had picked out T-ara ‘I go crazy because of you’ as her tone. Sunny looked at the message with a stern face. There was a noticeable change in her expression after she read the text message, Hyomin couldn’t help but ask what was wrong.

“I don’t know. She texted me ‘119’”, Sunny answered. 119 was the Korean equivalent of the US’s 911, phone number for emergencies. Hyomin looked confused. “Tiffany, Jessica and I made a little pact, or a deal, a promise. That if there ever was an emergency or something where one of us needed help,

we would text ‘119’ and whoever gets it would come out to help. Like a ‘drop-what-you’re-doing-I-need-you’ emergencies.”

“Really? Aww, that’s kind of sweet and cute, and thoughtful... damn why didn’t we make one at home... So does that mean when we get back you have to go? Do you know what it is?”

“I really don’t. That’s the beauty of our little system. We never know. Tiffany must have been busy, that’s probably why she sent it to me. Let me call her to find out.”

*********************

“Hello? Bunny?” Jessica answered the phone.

-Jessi, I got your text. Is something wrong?-

“It’s... are you busy... I think Yuri and I are... just, where are you?”

-I’m in the car with Hyomin. We’re on the way back to her place, we just picked up Jiyeon.-

“Oh... nevermind then...”

-Sweetie, seriously are you okay? I can come home after, I can ask Hyomin. Do you want to go somewhere with us?-

“I don’t want to trouble you, it’s fine. It’s no real big deal. I’m just overreacting, you know how I can be,” Jessica said with a small nervous fake laugh.

-You 119’ed me. Is it serious? What is going on with you and Yuri? Did something bad happened?-

“Nothing, just don’t worry. I’ll be fine. I just need to sleep on it. I’ll be okay. I promise.”

-Don’t lie to me, you know I don’t like it...-

“I’m fine. Promise, it can wait. I love you, enjoy your night with Hyomin. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt...”

-Jessi... okay fine. I love you too. Tomorrow we’ll talk about this, I won’t forget okay? Be safe.-

“You too, goodnight. Tell Hyomin I said hi.” With that Jessica hung up the phone and just dropped it to the counter. She laid flat on her bed but popped up immediately and grabbed the phone and plugged it into the charger knowing that her phone would be dead the next day when she needed it most if she didn’t charge it. She stormed to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator because she didn’t want to bother getting a glass from the cupboard. She knew the place so well she could navigate without the lights on and worked her way back to the bedroom and closed the door.

She looked at the phone and wondered if Yuri had tried to call. Nope. No missed called. Jessica held the phone and thought about calling Yuri. It seemed Yuri was a few steps ahead because the phone lit up with a text message from Yuri that said ‘I know you’re thinking it, but don’t. Don’t call me. I don’t want to talk to you.” Jessica read it and pondered a bit more and figured she should call anyways but then another text came in. “Do not call me. This isn’t a test. I’m serious.”

Jessica sighed and just plopped onto her bed. She wanted to just sleep but she couldn’t. This was a crappy start to the New Year. She saw the photo scrapbook she got from Hyomin for Christmas, and the one that was given to Sunny was in the corner of the room as well. She couldn’t understand why she did but she decided to flip through the photobook that was given to Sunny. Inside were various little photos and images documenting the relationship Sunny and Hyomin had. A photocopy of the Wonder Girls ticket where they first met, receipt from the restaurant they first ate at. It was all very cheesy, very cute and very sentimental. Jessica just knew by flipping the pages that Hyomin loved Sunny a lot.

Sunny wasn’t as good at relationships; she was new to expression herself non-platonically. Jessica knew Hyomin was Sunny’s first relationship and she was learning as she as was going but it was clear Sunny cared too. Damn them for looking so cute together. Then again anyone, just about anyone can look cute together when they’re smiling and stuff... she and Yuri looked cute together too, right? Going through the photobook she had mixed feelings of jealousy, guilt and happiness. She was happy for Sunny to find someone she likes. She felt jealous of Hyomin, jealous of what they shared. She was guilty for feeling disdain towards Sunny for not ever loving her like that. She moved on to the next book, her book.

It had photos from their first outing at the water park and some photos from their one-month celebration. There were few couple shots, memory sake photos; photos of her and Yuri, her and Sunny, her and Tiffany. All cute photos; wonderful and beautiful, Hyomin had a good eye for pictures. Only Hyomin could make her and Sunny look good covered in sweat from after playing a tennis match. Jessica slammed the book shut and put it off to the side.

She reached over to turn off her lamp and just sighed. She wanted to sleep but too many emotions, too many thoughts... but eventually her eyes found a way to close.

*****************

“You dirty little ert! I can’t believe...” Tiffany said while they were undressing in Taeyeon’s bedroom.

“I thought it was your idea!” Taeyeon replied. “It was crazy though right?”

“So crazy... never again!” Tiffany said, both were at the stage where they were maintain cognitive abilities but clearly had too many drinks. “Still so hot though!”

“I know! Oh, no one is here... want to do it on the couch? The dining room table?” Taeyeon asked loudly.

“Oh my gosh really?!” Tiffany replied.

“Please don’t!” Yoona said. Yoona had her air mattress pulled out into the living room again after the party was cleaned up and she would not have appreciated any love-making sessions.

“Oh, Yoona is still awake?” Taeyeon asked.

“Whatever you do, please just keep it quiet!” Yuri yelled through the wall.

Tiffany and Taeyeon couldn’t help but giggle and laugh and by now both were near the final stages of ‘clothing removal’. Tiffany muttered ‘no promises’ and leaned into Taeyeon to lock lips and claim the prize of what the two have been saving up for since Christmas. Yoona was displeased and had to find earmuffs in attempt to cover her ears. Yuri played her yoga music and hoped it would put her into relaxation and sleep quick enough, but still she didn’t sleep until after Taeyeon and Tiffany were done with round one.

*************************

“Argh, they’re too long!” Sunny whined of the sleep pants that Hyomin let her borrow.

“I don’t know what to tell you, you could always just sleep without pants...” Hyomin remarked, noting that Sunny was still wearing the buttom that Soyeon had given her. She was met with a tiny smack from Sunny on the shoulder. Sunny and Hyomin may have shared similar waist-sizes, but most of Hyomin’s clothes were ‘small’ which Sunny could fit into but however ‘small’ tend to have longer legs than ‘extra-small’. “You’ll be in bed, so it’s not like you’re walking around or trying to run around, so it will be okay.”

“Still... fine... you’re right...” Sunny said pulling herself into bed and making herself comfortable in the bed. “Did you have a great time tonight?”

“Um yeah, it was good... a few hits and a few misses... I got to see some more skin on you... but that prank...”

“Still going on about that are we?”

“I won’t stop! I’ll go on and on and on and on...” Hyomin said but was silenced by a gentle kiss from Sunny. “I’m not that kind of girl, it will take more than a kiss. On and on.”

“If I take these pants off, will that be enough to shut you up?” Sunny asked. Hyomin continued to say ‘on and on’ with a smile on her face. Sunny sighed and stood up and let the pants fall to the ground. She picked them up and threw it across the room in an angry huff. “Happy?”

“On and on and on and on,” Hyomin continued. Sunny rolled her tongue in , poking at her cheek. She just let out a scoff and crawled back into bed. “On and on and on and on.”

“I’ll be cold.” Sunny said matter of factly. She felt Hyomin’s arm wrap around her and the fleece leggings of Hyomin’s pants wrap over her legs.

“I’ll keep you warm,” Hyomin said softly.

“You better,” Sunny said back, “Thanks for a wonderful New Year’s. I had a great time.”

“You’re very welcome,” Hyomin replied and turned off the lights.

****************************

“Oh my gosh, my head hurts so much...” Taeyeon said rubbing her temples.

“You drank too much last night that’s why,” Tiffany said sitting at the foot of the bed with a glass of water and aspirin ready for her. “I made breakfast, using leftovers from the party.”

“Man... did we, did I do anything bad last night? Do you remember?”

“Depends what you consider as bad,” Tiffany answered with a soft smile. Taeyeon continued to rub her head after she took the aspirin.

“I feel like we did something bad,” Taeyeon looked down at herself and realized she wasn’t wearing any clothes. “Or maybe it wasn’t that bad, I guess I won the challenge?”

“I think not. Last night was okay, nothing really happened. Just a fun and peaceful party...”

“I kissed Jessica! Didn’t I? I feel like I kissed her, oh man... I’m sorry hon... Jessica must think I’m so horrible,” Taeyeon started on her ramble as images came back to her.

“Okay so we might have ended up kissing our friends’ girlfriends... you know, that kind of thing,” Tiffany said nonchalantly and walked out the room. Taeyeon let the information soaked in for a moment before chasing out of the room after Tiffany.

“So I kissed Jessica? Oh my gosh I’m such a ...” Taeyeon said frantically as she fell down into the dining chair. Yoona and Yuri were already seated and began breakfast, they had found the incident a bit comical. “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry Yuri. I didn’t mean too... well I mean I did,  but out of curiosity... you know me... I get stupid... I’m such a ...” Taeyeon took her seat and let her head slam to the table in shame.

“It’s okay, you’re not a ... It’s fine. I mean you did let me, or rather tell me to kiss Tiffany, so I guess that makes us even,” Yuri said back with with a tiny laugh. Taeyeon and Tiffany provided Yuri with a great distraction from her current own relationship mishaps.

“Tae sweetie, you’re not a ,” Tiffany said sweetly as she leaned down and brushed Taeyeon’s hair with her fingers. Taeyeon somberly replied with ‘I’m not.’ Tiffany smiled again. “No of course not dear. You’re no . You’re a . get paid, you do it for free.”

“Argh!” was Taeyeon’s response. Everyone else laughed. “I’m such a ...”

“Well at least you know,” Tiffany laughed.

**************

The truth of the matter was that New Year was just another day, so the day after would be nothing more than another day. Another day of waking up, another day of feeling miserable. It was just another Sunday, ordinary to any with the exception that it was ad circular day so the newspaper would be filled with ads from various retailers. Unfortunately she was in no mood to shop. She had fallen asleep last night but couldn’t quite remember when she did. She must have not gotten a lot of sleep because she still felt rather tired.

Would she have to do anything for the two younger girls, Hyunah and Sunhwa? Tiffany and Sunny weren’t here, so she would have to play the role of good senior to them. Unfortunately, well actually fortunately they had beat her to the punch; the younger girls were already up and moving about their morning activities. They were extra nice this morning, speaking polite Korean and offering her breakfast. Did she look that bad?

That’s right, Hyunah knows the dark secret, and know so do Yuri and Yoona. It’s safe to assume Sunhwa does too. What a burden it creates. Yoona had a strange type of pity and understanding towards her. Hyunah and Sunhwa must be protective of Sunny, and well Yuri, of course, is furious. Her phone was void of any new calls or messages from Yuri, but then again it wasn’t even noon yet so there was plenty of time. She’ll call. She loves me. She said so. Oh Jessica you’re kidding yourself.

Her phone buzzed to life. Yuri! Wait no, it’s a message from Sunny.

- Jess! I hope you’re feeling better. We’ll talk later if you still need to! -

Sweet Sunny, she remembered the 119 text from last night. Damnit Sunny for making yourself so hard NOT to love. Hyomin is so lucky and she doesn’t don’t even know it. Wait, this type of thinking is what got her trouble in the first place. Jessica, focus. ‘You need to win Yuri back and figure out how to move on and get over Sunny’. Easier said than done.

“Are you feeling okay unnie?” Sunhwa asked in her soft Korean. Jessica’s internal struggle must have been very clear and noticeable. Jessica smiled and quickly lied and said she was fine. She figured that could see through her lie anyways, but they expected her to lie to them and they knew not to press on. Everyone played their roles.

“Do you guys have any plans today?” Jessica asked. The two girls sort of gave a shrug, their day was still left open. Jessica wanted to get out today and avoid just having to do anything. She had already put in for an indefinite leave at her job. She doesn’t have to do anything or any commitments. Her classes were already picked out, she had nothing to ponder over except well for entire Yuri dilemma. “I’m going to step out. The sun’s out and it’s a nice day. So if you guys need anything, please call.”

**************************

“Worried about Jessica?” Hyomin asked in her pillow voice. Sunny smiled and gently turned over to face her.

“What makes you so sure I sent a message to her?” Sunny asked and placed her phone back on the nightstand.

“Oh, I like to think I know my girlfriend pretty well. She was the last person that needed your help so you always remember. Just like that time you totally called Hyunah. You’re Sunny, always caring for her friends,” Hyomin answered brilliantly.

“You’re not jealous are you?” Sunny asked teasingly.

“No. I’ve accepted the fact that everyone wants a piece of what I got,” Hyomin said with a straight face. Sunny burst into laugher, Hyomin soon followed. “No, seriously, I’m not worried because I’m more incredible than any of your friends.”

“So incredible you just blow me away!” Sunny laughed and pulled herself away from Hyomin and onto her feet and out of bed. “Come on Miss Incredible, get out of bed. I’m sure Jiyeon is gonna be asking for help soon, I’m not your only guest.”

Sunny was right. Jiyeon was most likely going to need a trip to the bathroom to yak and then some help getting off the floor and then someone to bring her food, but right now she just watch Sunny walk out of the room wearing her clothes. She still couldn’t believe sometimes that she was dating Sunny, a girl. All her previous relationships were all with men and now this time a petite little thing and it has been the best thus far.

“Hyominie! Soyeon wants to teach me another lesson today, want to join?” Sunny asked. Hyomin sprang out of bed to rush out of the room.

“Oh like hell she is...” Hyomin said. She rushed to bearhug Soyeon from behind playfully before letting her go.

“Go check on Jiyeon and Jieun, see if they’re ready for breakfast,” Soyeon said to Hyomin. Hyomin went to check on the two girls who were still asleep on Jiyeon’s bed. Hyomin came back and shook her head. “Oh well guess they partied too hard.”

“They’ll be alright,” Sunny commented. Soyeon nodded and poured orange juice for them. “So you don’t have to work today Soyeon?”

“No, they decided to give me today off, but I’ll be back to work tomorrow,” Soyeon answered. She planned to just spend the day relaxing and running tiny errands.

“Oh that reminds me, Hyomin don’t you think you should get an oil change for your car? You’ve haven’t had one since bought it,” Soyeon added.

“Do I really need one?”

“Uh yea! Hyomin! That’s been like six months now, that’s well over 3000 miles, you should change your oil back before winter,” Sunny chimed in.

“Oh okay, I guess I’ll need to get that done then,” Hyomin replied softly. “How much would that cost? Can I do it myself?”

“Around twenty to thirty dollars, it’s something one could do alone at home but just not by you,” Soyeon answered.

“What?! I totally could change my own oil, it’s not hard,” Hyomin answered defensively. Soyeon chuckled.

“Just pay to have it done like everyone else does,” Soyeon said.

“No, this isn’t about money. It’s about principle. I can do this, I’m good with my hands,” Hyomin answered.

“Sunny says otherwise,” Soyeon joked. Sunny laughed at the off-hand joke. “If something goes wrong, don’t come to me asking for help to fix the car.”

“Don’t worry about it, let her try. I’ll help her out,” Sunny added. Hyomin nodded in satisfaction. Soyeon just laughed and agreed. She advised Hyomin to refer to her owner’s manual and get what was listed/recommended and be careful not to fall for any tricks the guys at the store would try on her. Car people can take advantage of naive girls rather easily.

“We can do it at my place, we have a driveway and some tools,” Sunny explained. After finishing breakfast she changed back into the clothes she had last night. Hyomin brought a change of ‘old’ clothes that she was willing to get dirty and rather determined to prove Soyeon wrong.

Sunny looked on her phone for the items required to complete an oil change; pan, filter, oil, filter wrench and possibly some ramps. They pulled into an auto parts supply store and went through the items on the list they needed. They avoided being swindled by anyone by just going by the items on their list. Ultimately they spent more money on supplies than the actual cost of just having the oil changed at a shop. “For the long run, this will be better.” Hyomin reassured. They arrived back to Sunny’s house to find driveway empty except for Jessica’s old Acura TL. Sunhwa’s corolla was in the street, Jessica’s new Genesis Coupe was nowhere in sight nor was Tiffany’s Audi.  

Hyunah and Sunhwa welcomed the lovely couple with gentle hugs and fired of various questions about their night. Hyomin and Sunny both dismissed the questions with short quick answers and explained what they did. Sunny went to her room to change and find her glasses; the astigmatism was driving her eyes and head crazy.

“Let’s get this started, let me go print out how to do this from google,” Sunny said and powered on her computer. She fired through youtube videos and instructions on how to change oil. “Okay, I think I got it, did you pay attention?”

“Of course, it’s not that hard. Geez,” Hyomin said and starting to change her clothes. “Okay, so we just need to get the car up the ramps. Put a block behind the tire, get on our backs and then drain the oil, remove the filter and then replace with new and put in oil. That’s so simple!”

“Be safe!” Hyunah yelled.

Sunny arranged the ramps and Hyomin was in charge of driving the car up the ramps. Hyomin was naturally uneasy about driving up the ramps but eventually the Kia Soul made it up and locked in. The girls went at their best to become grease monkeys. Locating the drain bolt was one thing, but trying to remove it was another.

“It won’t budge!” Hyomin said trying to the bolt with the wrench. Sunny placed her hands onto the wrench and tried to help apply force with Hyomin, still to no avail. After a few more tries they still weren’t able to get the bolt lose. Sunny crawled out from under the car and grabbed a hammer and got back on the ground and crawled under the car.

“I have an idea,” Sunny said. “Hold the wrench onto the bolt and I’m gonna give it a few whacks.” Sunny gave the wrench a few whacks and as almost like magic the bolt loosen. “See, not so tough.”

“Okay be careful, scoot away some, I’m gonna remove the bolt and let the oil drain,” Hyomin said. She slowly turned the bolt and removed it by hand; the black oil rushed out of the pan they had waiting. “Man we rock, that wasn’t so bad.”

“After the oil is drained we replace the oil filter, do you want to do it or do you want me to?” Sunny asked.

“You can do it, this is a team effort!” Hyomin said and moved to give Sunny room to maneuver under near the oil filter. Sunny carefully placed the special wrench and turned the filter. It came loose a lot easier than the drain bolt. “Wow, even in recovery mode you’re still a beast!”

“Oh stop it! It wasn’t that tough, this one is just easier to do,” Sunny said and placed the old filter into the pan.

“This is kind of neat, first time having a girlfriend, first time owning my own car, first time working on a car, a lot of firsts... though I really wish I could take back my first accident though,” Hyomin started to ramble.

“I hope you’re not going to bring up the accident again...” Sunny sighed slightly. It was a topic she was trying to get past and definitely want Hyomin to keep feeling guilty about that; it was never Hyomin’s fault.

“What was it like? You know being in a coma...” Hyomin randomly asked. It wasn’t ever discussed before. “I never really asked, and you never mentioned it before... so I was kind of curious.”

“Well, it wasn’t really anything like TVs, movies or dramas. I guess it’s different for each person... my coma was medically induced wasn’t it?”

“Still a coma though. So were you just asleep? Did you dream? Was it just blank?” Hyomin asked while looking intently at Sunny while lying on the floor under the car waiting for the oil to completely drain.

“I don’t know, I really didn’t know how much time had passed. I didn’t even know I was in an accident. It was just strange you know, I had no idea,” Sunny answered recalling her short time in the hospital.

“So could you hear us when we talked to you?”

“Well, I mean... I could hear voices from time to time, and I would like recognize it but I never knew what was being said. I guess I was in a dream state... I don’t know, it’s hard to really tell. When I came to and woke up. I put it together something had happened, but like I saw the doctor and they just told. It felt like I was away for a long time. I dreamed random things, it’s so hard to explain and even harder to remember. It’s like, you don’t even know if its a nightmare really or not. It’s just that confusing.”

“Did you miss me?”

“You know I always miss you!” Sunny laughed. “No seriously, I do miss you, always. I’m sure I missed you. I know I did. I missed everyone, I saw everyone in my dreams at least once.... it’s all so...”

“Confusing and complex,” Hyomin finished for Sunny. Sunny smiled softly and nodded.

“Yeah, the oil is done, let’s put it back,” Sunny said watching the last drops fall out of the oil pan. Sunny pulled out the new oil and applied a little amount onto the bolt before placing it back into the oil pan just like the video taught them. Together they worked to tighten the bolt and sure not to over-tighten it too much. “We’re doing pretty good for our first time.”

“That’s because we’re awesome,” Hyomin laughed. She prepared the new oil filter and worked to place the new one on. “I think I got it right, can you check?”

“I’m learning too... they say it should be able to easily to twist on and off by hand before we tighten with the wrench,” Sunny said and rubbed her face a bit from an itch that her glasses created.

Slowly and surely the two girls completed the oil change. The girls go dirty and messy but finished the job. Hyomin started the engine and everything seemed to be in working order and drove the car off the ramp, but both girls were still apprehensive about driving the car around the block and test it out. Cars will go up and down from ramps without oil, but a drive around and some revving was the way to go to get the new oil spread out and into the car. The good news they girls didn’t see any leaks so they must have done it right.

“Hungry?” Sunny asked.

“Always, you know me,” Hyomin answered and giggled.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing, you just look so cute... hold on let me go get my camera don’t go anywhere!” Hyomin replied and went to her bag and quickly grabbed her camera and shot a photo of Sunny. Her cheeks were marked in the black car dust and her hair was a bit messy, but strangely it was all very cute and adorably attractive. It must had to with the glasses and her tiny frame. “You look amazing! This should be like your facebook photo, ‘I fix cars, like a boss!’”

“You can be such a dork sometimes. Do I look that bad?”

“No, not really, let me fix it,” Hyomin said and used her hand to try and wipe off the marks on Sunny’s face. Instead she only smeared it and made it look worst. “There all better.”

“Are you sure?” Sunny asked. Hyomin nodded yes. “Okay then, let’s clean up and get something to eat.” They cleaned up the tools quickly and rushed inside.

“Unnie your face,” Hyunah said in Korean. Sunny pointed and was about to said ‘english’ but Hyomin beat her too it.

“What’s wrong with my face?” Sunny asked and went to her bathroom. She looked in the mirror and noticed. “Hyomin!!! You made it worst! You punk!”

She the sink and started to vigorously rub her hands clean and her face. Hyomin was standing at the doorway with her video camera documenting and providing her own and as always colorful commentary. Sunny dried off on the towel but not before flinging some water Hyomin’s way. “You are such a punk!”

“But I’m your punk,” Hyomin laughed. “Careful, this thing isn’t cheap! You look stunning now by the way.”

“Why thank you,” Sunny replied sarcastically. She knew Hyomin was being playful; Sunny had marks over her t-shirt but Hyomin was always like that. “Let’s get you some food.”

They moved over to the kitchen to look for something to eat. Unfortunately there wasn’t much, Tiffany had been kept busy with the party planning to shop. Jessica rarely did the grocery shopping alone and Sunny hadn’t really an opportunity to go shop either, and any food remaining in the house was devoured by Hyunah and Sunhwa.

“You have nothing to eat, well except leftover cupcakes...” Hyomin commented looking through pantry and refrigerator. She pulled out a sports drinks and opened it. “Well there is this at least.”

“Well yeah, but that was Tiffany’s, she liked to use them for the workouts and gym,” Sunny answered. Hyomin had the ‘oops’ look on her face but Sunny assured her it was okay. “Okay, for once... in all the times I’ve been here you finally don’t have food for guests, dropping the ball there...”

“I’m sorry, geez you two ate everything in here didn’t you?” Sunny asked towards the two younger girls. “Well we’ll need to go shopping, anything you want?” Hyunah and Sunhwa looked at each other and thought of an answer. “Just make a list and Hyomin and I will go out and get it, we can’t start off the new year starving at home.”

“Grocery shopping? Oh, that’d be fun!” Hyomin replied. Normally the grocery shopping was done with Soyeon, so she usually do it alone or with anyone else. She normally just picked the snacks and junk food, not the ‘essentials’. Another first. Sunny announced that she would shower first to rinse off and then get dress and they could go. Hyomin used the other shower first and had dropped down to the sofa where Sunhwa and Hyunah were going over what items to put on their list. “What do you guys have so far?”

“Cookies, jellies, apple juice, candy, ramen noodles,” Sunhwa answered.

“I like your list, its really good, you guys think like me!” Hyomin commented and read over the list again.

“You two are really cute together,” Hyunah added. It was a bit random but at the same time Hyunah usually did not get chances to talk to Hyomin without Sunny around.

“Really? Thanks, that means a lot. I’m glad you think so, I know you mean a lot to her. She talks about you a lot,” Hyomin added.

“She does, really? What else do you guys talk about?” Hyunah continued.

“Just whatever, normal um, girlfriend stuff. We talk about our days, school, work, tennis, music, photography, just about everything really. It’s just fun you know. Whatever is on each other’s mind, don’t worry she doesn’t anything bad about you,” Hyomin finished the last part with a smile.

“Well duh, what bad things would there be to say about me? I’m awesome,” Hyunah reassured. Sunhwa on the other hand just looked off into the distance after that remarked, clearly not agreeing with Hyunah’s statement.

“Does she talk about me? You know, when I’m not around?” Hyomin asked. Her curiosity sparked.

“She mentions you here and there, she always says good things, but it’s not like she’s always talking about you, but it’s good things, she really likes you a lot,” Hyunah replied.

“Like a lot a lot?”

“ A lot a lot a lot... so much, she finds your flaws interesting adorable,” Hyunah reassured.

“I have flaws?”

“Of course... who doesn’t? Trust me, she likes you like crazy, so don’t screw it up!”

“I would never, but thank you for vote of confidence, you’re a great gal Hyunah,” Hyomin replied.

“Of course I am, no need to flatter me. I’m not into you, or girls...” Hyunah shot back playfully. Sunny had returned from the shower dressed and ready to go.

“Alright, ready to go? Let’s see this list,” Sunny announced. She glanced over it and gave Hyunah a lot. “Really? That’s all you want? You’re such a child, I’ll try to add to this and we’ll be going.”

Sunny jolted down some extra things on the list and grab car keys and her bag.

“You’re driving?” Hyomin asked, with a bit of concern.

“Well I think so, that car just sits there, and besides... do we really trust our work in changing the oil?”

“Eh, I guess you have a point... but wouldn’t that mean I’d be taking the risk when driving home alone?” Hyomin asked.

“Life is far from perfect sweetie, I’m sorry,” Sunny smiled. “I’m driving, let’s go. We’ll starve at this rate!”

“Argh, I’m already starving!” Hyomin whined and follow Sunny out to the car. Hungry or not, she was rather excited to go on the shopping trip. “Wait, are you allowed to drive?”

“Sure why not, it’s a like a rehab exercise. I’m working my leg out. Besides, I know where to shop and the places we’re going. It’s easier this way right?”

“If we go to Sam’s Club, we can get churros!”

“You and your churros,” Sunny laughed.

*********************

She hadn’t been to the gym in a while and it felt nice to be back, but even 1.5 hours of exercise couldn’t really clear her mind. She had showered and changed in the locker room and now just mindless driving; no particular destination until she realized she needed to get some gas.

She pulled into the nearest gas station and fueled up not even paying any attention to the price. Normally she would drive a bit and chance the possibility of finding a place with lower price but she simply didn’t care today. Yuri still hadn’t call. She hadn’t text. What’s going on? How long did she have to wait? She spotted a floral shop and went straight there after she topped off her tank.

‘I’ll send her some flowers. That should do it. She’ll know I’m being serious. We can work this out. Just need to talk, and communicate and understand each other. This is doable. I just know it’. Jessica kept reassuring herself.

*********************************************************************************************************************
AN: Thanks for reading guys and sticking with the story. Hope the chapter didn't come off too wierd or some splice of a Playboy or Penthouse story. Trying to work y and cute into these gals can be a task! Jk Jk. Hope everyone is well. Comments are welcomed, please enjoy.