Chapter 14

Pictures of You

“Taeyeon-ieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,” Yuri said in her cute voice.

 

“What do you want Yuri?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Nothing, I just missed you that’s all. I barely see you, it’s just here, and there.” Yuri spoke softly.

 

“Yah, you talk like we’ve been at ends of the world. What is going on?” Taeyeon asked once more.

 

“I was just curious about you and Tiffany. I just had some questions, that’s all...” Yuri said, bringing about a curious look on Taeyeon’s face. “I was wondering if Tiffany ever talked to you about Korea?”

“Talk about Korea? Like when she went to school there? She doesn’t mention it much, but I never really thought to ask... why do you want to know?” Taeyeon replied, trying get to the root of Yuri’s reasons.

“I been with Jessica for a while now...and it seems silly....but....”

“It’s from that time at karaoke, when she said he had her reasons for leaving Korea?”

 

“Yes, how did you know?” Yuri asked in amazement.

 

“I go to college too Yuri. You think it was Tiffany and Sunny that brought Jessica away from being a trainee. Don’t you?” Taeyeon asked.

“Well something like that. I was worried about the reason why Jessica left Korea, I think it has to do with Tiffany or Sunny, like if she liked one of them... you know....”

“Likes one of them.... I considered that thought. I was curious of Jessica and Tiffany’s relationship. What does Sunny have to do with it?” Taeyeon asked.

“Wait what? Sunny and Jessica seem a lot closer than Tiffany and Jessica...” Yuri retorted.

“You’re wrong, from what Tiffany says, she’s really close to Jessica. I’m not worried about Sunny, it’s Tiffany...” Taeyeon pointed out, but Yuri didn’t believe it.

“How about you ask Tiffany next time then, and find out?” Yuri asked, challenging Taeyeon to find answers.

“Maybe I will.”

********************

“Unnie, that’s a pretty ring... I want one...” Jiyeon cried out.

“Jiyeon, I had this for a while now, you’re so slow to notice things.. but you’re right, it’s very pretty.” Hyomin said in pure delight looking at her ring.

“She has a real keeper. Now if only she’d stop spending all her free time with Sunny, we’d might actually meet the guy.” Soyeon interjected.

“Yeah, boys get jealous if you spend too much time with your friends, and they’ll want to spend time with their friends, and you’ll have no time together. You don’t want that!” Jiyeon added.

“You guys are impossible!” Hyomin declared and retreated to her room. “I’m totally going to talk to my boyfriend now! So no interruptions!”

**********************

They had the whole place to themselves and Tiffany wasn’t going to waste anytime. The near instant she came through the door she threw down her bag and grabbed Taeyeon passionately kissed her. She tangoed with Taeyeon to the living and collapsed onto the couch. Tiffany laid under Taeyeon start to pull at Taeyeon’s shirt. Taeyeon pulled away from Tiffany and sat back.

“What’s wrong baby?” Tiffany asked confused why they had stopped.

“I just wanted to know to really talk to you about something...” Taeyeon spoke in an shy voice.

“Is it something that could wait? I had to ditch Hyunah at school and left Sunny a message to take her home to get this place to ourselves... baby... come on,” Tiffany said, trying to coerce the girl to resume their sofa workout. Taeyeon was bit torn, she was ready to go back to their ‘workout’ but still wanted to asked Tiffany. “We can talk about it after, I promise... come on Tae...”

Taeyeon gave in. She leaned in and kiss Tiffany and proceeded to do a little afternoon exercise.

*******************

“Noooo!!!! Release! Gas! Gas! Gas!” Sunny screamed while sitting in the passenger seat. Hyomin was trying to learn how to drive manual transmission on Sunny’s car. Hyomin was struggling to move the car through the empty parking lot. It was a bit nerve wrecking, the little Mini would cost more to repair if the transmission blew out, but Sunny was completely generous.

“Argh!!!!!! It’s so hard! Okay okay okay... Clutch, left foot. Let go and step down right foot on the gas... right?” Hyomin said.

The car had stalled out a few times now, as Hyomin try to get over the hill of learning the dreaded first gear. She always wanted to learn how to drive stick shift, but it was becoming difficult. Hyomin tried again and once more the car lurched and stalled out. Sunny laughed a little while Hyomin was thoroughly disappointed. Sunny asked Hyomin to slide the seat back a little. Sunny then maneuver her way to sit on Hyomin’s lap. Little did Sunny know, that Hyomin’s pulse began to race as Sunny placed her feet down to the pedals, and placing them on top of Hyomin’s.

“Okay, clutch. We’ll shift to first. We’re off the brake. Hyomin, move your right foot onto the gas!” Sunny pepped.

“This is a little awkward...Sunny...”Hyomin responded. Hyomin felt that weird surge of awkward hotness.

“Don’t worry, I’ve done this before. Okay you feel me right? Ok, we’re down on the clutch, and we’re going to let go slowly. You feel that right there? That little jerk or something, the gears caught so now we’ll give a little bit of gas. Like this okay?” Sunny explained while performing a smooth launch with Hyomin. They round a corner and proceeded to shift into second gear, again with explaining each step. “You good, want to try it on your own now?”

“Um... can we do it together, just one more time? Please?” Hyomin asked. And so Sunny again went through the steps helping Hyomin find the friction zone, feeling the tiny vibrations of the engine as it caught onto the gears and launching the car off the line. Tiny tingles sparked though Hyomin, but she couldn’t tell if it was from the car or from Sunny sitting on her. After helping two more times, Sunny crawled back to the passenger and told Hyomin to try on her own now. The starts weren’t smooth but she didn’t stall out.

“Alright! We’re doing much better! Way to go Hyomin!” Sunny cheered and gave Hyomin a kiss on the cheek. “Alright, let’s switch. I’ll drive us back.”

********************

“Oh.. wow... okay... sorry sweetie, what did you want to talk about?” Tiffany asked while regaining her breath.

“Fany, you never talk about Korea with me. I just wanted to talk to you about it. I’m curious.” Taeyeon answered.

“Korea? Really? You’re from Korea, why would my time be any interest to you? What do you want to know hon?” Tiffany asked.

“It’s just, Jessica said she was going to be trainee and that just something I never even knew. Her sister is Krystal of f(x) for goodness sake. I mean you guys must have done something in Korea, there’s a story there... and I want to know.” Taeyeon spoke carefully, trying not to sound like she was fishing for information.

“That?! We were junior trainees, or something. We had camps and had some classes. Soyeon and Jessica went to more camps than I did. I came to Korea later than Jessica. I mean we went to elementary and junior high together so we were always close. She left to Korea like two years or so before I did. Soyeon and Jessica were on track to be singers I think. They both advanced really far, the kept moving up...” Tiffany answered, while readjusting her arm around Taeyeon Taeyeon’s while they lay on the couch.

“When I got to Korea, because she had moved up so much in those classes and stuff, I hardly had time to see her after school. She was always kept busy with singing and some other stuff like that. I was certain that Soyeon and Jessica were going to become trainees and debut. I mean they practically were trainees, a lot of the classes and camps they were ran by SM anyways you know. It was pretty exciting for her. She was really excited; she was gonna be a star she used to tell us.” Tiffany said.

“But then, if it was going so well, what happened? Why did you stopped?” Taeyeon asked with great curiosity.

“Oh, Jessica got accepted into their fast track trainee program. They were looking for girls for a girl group and I think they were gonna pick Jessica. I remembered we celebrated over pizza,” Tiffany stated.

“Wait, if she got accepted as a trainee, then what happened? You didn’t answer my question.” Taeyeon pressed.

“Well Sunny and I weren’t accepted to the same thing, we both did the auditions. They liked us but we were offered into another type of program. Sunny didn’t really care either way, she just wanted to have fun. My sister had just won the NCAAs women tennis title. I felt a desire to match my sister’s achievement, so I applied for colleges here in America during senior year. Sunny applied for the same schools I did. Her English was still not that great though. Jessica had applied to all the same schools. Like in December or so we heard back that we were accepted to the colleges.  Of course it didn’t trump the news of Jessica. She like made it to the final 20 girls for the group and spent a lot of time training.”

“Well then what?” Taeyeon asked again with interest, this was a rather different topic than their usual pillow talks.

“I don’t know. She hung out with me and Sunny every time she got the chance and one night I was out on a date with some guy... don’t give me that look, I love you Taeng.  You’re my favorite dork... anyways, she hung out with Sunny. Sunny was always cheery like you see her now, except it was all in Korean then. I mean Sunny did spend kindergarten and middle school in America, but she must not have remembered it. She did all of elementary and high school in Korea, and the idea of going to America for college just really excited her. Like I guess the excitement spread over to Jessica, because a week later, she told us that she was going too and was no longer a part of the program. We don’t know if she was dropped or she quitted. She never said why. I thought it was weird, because she’s just as talented as her sister if not more. I met all of f(x) before too by the way, they’re pretty y girls. So that’s what happened with Jessica. You know what... it’s been like 2 or 3 years now. You know how we graduate in high school during February so, and we were admitted for Fall semester so we kinda chilled in Korea until like March or so and then went off to move to America and we came here. Oh wow, that’s a longer story than I thought. Haha, sorry, that must have bored you. You just got me going,” Tiffany said with a smile.

“Not at all, I enjoyed it.” Taeyeon responded giving Tiffany a slight kiss and then they heard the door jingle and opened.

“What the hell?!?” Jessica yelled, seeing Taeyeon and Tiffany undressed and on the living room sofa. “What are you two doing! Argh... really?! The sofa?!! Go get dress, get off the sofa! Now! N O W! Now!”

The two girls, giggled a bit, at the silliness of getting caught and hurried to get dressed.

*******************************

The girls had another world team tennis tournament, but this one was in town at another university. So Yuri and Hyunah could come and watch as the girls prepare to take on all challengers. Sunny and Jessica again had matching outfits, as did Tiffany and Taeyeon. This day, B team started first and Sunny/Jessica were on fire, they rolled through their match. Sunny even played singles, even though she usually just played doubles, but she had a lot of speed and quickness that enabled her to zip through the court to chase down balls. She won singles and later B team chalked up their first victory of the day.

Tiffany and Taeyeon continued to do well against other teams. A team was very strong and handled most competition with a fair amount of ease. There were struggles always, but the men were strong and the always cleaned up mixed doubles. The late October month brought in colder weather, while playing would keep the girls warm, but coming off the court the girls would quickly chill from the cold. Pulling over a hoodie was easy but pulling up pants sometimes meant too much work. The girls would huddle together and keep under a warm fleece blanket. Yuri, Hyomin and Hyunah all had on jeans and warmer clothing so they didn’t need the blanket as much as the girls who were playing. This created a fair amount of concern. Hyomin unlike Yuri, didn’t suspect anything of Jessica’s friendship with Sunny while Yuri on the other hand was secretly worried in her mind that Sunny and Jessica were too touchy and close while sharing a blanket. Yuri scoffed at herself to think she was possibly jealous of Sunny, Taeyeon had gotten great information from Tiffany but none of it was reassuring.

“Jessi, want to share a blanket with me?” Yuri asked sweetly, in hopes of separating the girls. Her heart lighten when Jessica complied. She got up and sat down next to Yuri sharing some Disney Princesses blanket Yuri had; Yuri felt proud of her tiny victory. It seemed corny but she liked being with Jessica, it’s what she wrote in her diary at least. Yuri was sure she was just like any other girl, sure she had ual thoughts and lustful intentions, but she wanted the fluffy stuff too. She was a brave girl, well shameless is more like it, and she could easily cuddle or kiss Jessica in public. She had wanted to be with Jessica for such a while now so she never cared if she was too public about the display.

Hyomin snuck into a blanket with Sunny as they watched Tiffany and Taeyeon play. Hyomin and Sunny were still quite secret about their relationship but Hyomin was always ready to take leaps. For one, both Sunny and Hyomin had their arms and hands under the blanket, but Hyomin was trying to be sneaky and her hands on Sunny’s bare legs. Sunny giggled and told Hyomin to stop, she would but only for a brief moment. Hyomin took her hand to try to be more adventurous, she slipped her hand back on the thigh and under the tennis skirt and try to put her hand to Sunny’s private region. Sunny retaliated by slapping Hyomin on the arm.

“Hyomin, stop! You’re erted! Stop!” Sunny screamed while beating Hyomin with her powerful tiny hands. Hyomin wavered and apologized. They replaced themselves under the blanket, but this time, Sunny held Hyomin’s hands to prevent any unwanted touching. The two leaned to cuddle, but Hyunah interrupted by leaning in with them, unintentionally breaking the moment. It was moments like these that Hyomin noticed that Sunny loved Hyunah unconditionally, one of the touching moments that defined her girlfriend. Unfortunately for her, it meant she was always sharing Sunny with everyone. There was only one person worse than Hyunah when it came to breaking the mood, and it was Jiyeon. Hyomin was thankful that Jiyeon wasn’t here.

Sunny and Jessica’s team was up to play their last match of the day; Linda went over the line up and the two went on court to prepare for their doubles match. Yuri took seat next to Hyomin and Hyunah while the scientist snapped photos. So far the girls had been undefeated and were hoping the streak to continue. These girls from Tech were tough however; they had pushed Sunny and Jessica down 0-2. It was their chance to break but were already down 30-love, Sunny was usually the front player in their pairing and the redhead girl smash a winner that came near to hitting Sunny. Yuri, Hyomin and Hyunah all held their breath in shock.

The next point however, turned the tide for the whole match. 40-love, Sunny played net because her reflexes were slightly better than Jessica’s and had just deflected an attempted passing shot back to the middle of the court but the ball floated. The redhead pointed with her free hand, demonstrating perfect overhead technique and smashed the ball straight to Sunny; this time the bunny’s reflexes weren’t fast enough and got pegged with the ball. Game. They were now down 0-3.

Hyomin heart raced, she didn’t know if tennis balls could hurt, but it made a ‘smack’ noise on impact which couldn’t be good. Sunny was a tough girl and just walked with over to Jessica rubbing the side of her body that got hit with ball. The redhead apologized, as per tennis etiquette (but in all seriousness, people were rarely sorry to hit someone) but Yuri noticed Jessica had a different look in her eyes. Jessica had checked to make sure Sunny was alright before taking her place behind the baseline to serve. Tiffany had never seen Jessica serve so well before, but she up 3 aces and finished the game with a down the line winner, one of her weaker shots. Taeyeon was whispering to Tiffany through the match, curious about Jessica. 1-3, and Jessica was more energetic and determined. They came back to 4-3, the girls from Tech were getting upset and desperate, they hit more errors but the redhead never stopped attacking at Sunny; Sunny got hit again while trying to jump away from another overhead.

Through her viewfinder Hyomin could see some sort of anger on Jessica’s face. Jessica attacked the ball and forced a soft float over the net. Sunny was making her way to ball but Jessica yelled out ‘mine!’ and was already steps away from the ball. Volleys were meant to be simple, just push forward. Jessica had her racquet back and swung at the ball with a pro-worthy (or NCAA at least) swinging volley that drilled right into the face of the redhead. There was a scream of angst and pain, Jessica said ‘sorry’ nonchalantly and walked away from the net. The redhead was holding her nose, trying to keep the blood from dripping out. The redhead didn’t cry but clearly in a state of pain, teary eyed and shocked. She was helped off the court and was subbed by another girl.

Tech lost all momentum after the bloodly hit, Sunny and Jessica won 6-3. Once again their team was undefeated for the day and returned to the school parking lot and then out to a restaurant to celebrate as a team. Everyone was talking about Jessica’s shot, and she was constantly high-fiving other guys on the team. Although it seemed rude to compliment Jessica on such a shot, it was rather impressive; hitting someone in the face was no easy task, let alone make their nose bleed. The guys were calling her ‘Killer J’ now.

Yuri was still a bit displeased though, she couldn’t help but felt like the shot was as about emotions. Tiffany explained that there were usually a lot of ‘revenge’ shots in tennis, but Yuri’s jealous mind wandered elsewhere. Everyone saw it as Jessica taking revenge for Sunny, but she saw it as Jessica’s protectiveness over Sunny. Yuri pleaded with Jessica for them to leave early, in efforts to get private time with her. Jessica said bye to everyone and left early with Yuri. Hyomin was still nursing over Sunny, despite her telling Hyomin numerous times that she was fine. Hyomin tried to feed Sunny, several times until finally Sunny bit on Hyomin’s fingers.

‘Owwwwww’

“That’s what you get. Silly girl! I said I’m fine. Don’t look at me like that... I’m not apologizing... fine, I’m sorry,” Sunny said and leaned to give Hyomin a kiss on the forehead. “Sorry I didn’t bite harder. Hehe.”

“You’re such a punk Sunny.” Hyomin cried lightly slapping at Sunny.

“Oh, am I? I like to think I’m sweet and kind.” Sunny smirked playing with the ring at the end of necklace.

“Unnie! That’s really pretty! Where did you get it?” Hyunah said catching sight of it. It was her first time seeing the ring.

“Do you like it? Someone special gave it to me as a present,” Sunny answered, resulting in a smile from Hyomin but quickly turned into a cute frown. “Well someone silly; special but very silly gave it to me.”

Hyomin stuck her tongue out at Sunny in protest. The festivities of the night were dying out and the girls returned home. Taeyeon received a text message earlier and said she would stay the night with Tiffany, while Hyomin had to come because she left her car at Sunny’s house. When they got back Hyunah used the shower first while Hyomin and Sunny just sat lazily on Sunny and Hyunah’s bed. Hyomin and Sunny constantly giggled at nothing in particular, it was most likely because both girls had ticklish spots that each one knew and gently attacked one another. It wasn’t before long their giggles died out; the whole house was quiet, serene almost. Hyomin leaned into kiss Sunny, rose a hand motioning a ‘stop’, but Hyomin lowered the hand and leaned in and placed her lips onto Sunny’s.

They always shared short little cute pecks and quick smooches, but there were the ones that Hyomin really cherished simply because they were so far and between. Sunny responded to the kiss favorably, tasting in the sweet tang from the gum Hyomin chewed earlier. Hyomin had a scent that was unique, it must have been some perfume or spray she ordered from Korea, but there were times, such as now, when it was intoxicating. Sunny pulled Hyomin and they both fell back onto the bed continuing to exchange their passion. It was cold outside and no one had the heater yet, but there was warmth coming from somewhere. Sunny could feel heat rising out of her, she still had her hoodie on and could feel sweat starting to build under her shirt again as if she was playing a match. Sparks flew through Sunny eyes and body when Hyomin’s hand slowly ran up her thigh. Hyomin’s hand was rubbing the thigh as if trying to warm up the muscles but then slipped under the skirt and it wasn’t long before Hyomin had her hand on Sunny’s . Sunny felt fingers reached for the waistband of compression shorts, she grabbed at Hyomin’s hand and placed it back on her thigh. Hyomin pulled away from Sunny’s lips, hiding all disappointment of being denied access and sent her lips and kisses down Sunny’s jawline to her neck. Sunny responded with a slight moan and a smile of pleasure; Hyomin used this time to slide her hands under Sunny’s hoodie and shirt to make contact to the bare skin underneath. Hyomin crept the hands up further to place her hands over Sunny’s but the sports bra still denied access.

“YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO SUNNY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? STOP!!!!!” Hyunah yelled. She had finished her shower and returned to the bedroom to get her sleepwear only to find what she saw as Hyomin attacking on Sunny.

Hyomin pulled away looking at Hyunah like a deer caught in the headlights. Sunny propped up and snuggled her way out from under Hyomin.

“Hyunah, it’s alright. Hyunah it’s not it seems. It’s okay. We’re dating... Hyunah...” Sunny tried to explain chasing after Hyunah who was now stomping off to Tiffany’s room.

“Unnie, Hyomin and Sunny were........ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @**$*%*$#@#!*%@%@*%!@%*%^*!#%^*#$” Hyunah opened the door to see Tiffany’s head covered by her shirt as Taeyeon was in the midst of stripping the shirt off Tiffany. “What the hell... am I the only girl here who likes boys?!?!?!?!?!?! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”

Sunny had wrapped her arms around Hyunah now in a bear hug.

“We should leave them alone. Come on Hyunah.”

“No no no no, don’t touch me! Not after you been... doing that...” Hyunah whined and broke loss from Sunny, looking like a little girl who was stomping in protest at her parents for not buying her a doll. She was somewhere in the state of angry, upset, shocked and traumatized. Sunny sat down on the couch, giving Hyunah a moment to recollect. Sunny called out Hyunah in Korean using aegyo to convince the girl to down next to her.

“Hyunah are you upset? Are you angry? I’m sorry. We’re both sorry,” Sunny said gently in Korean pulling Hyunah in to her lap and her hair.

“Why couldn’t you have a boyfriend? I’m your little sister. You have me to play with when you get tired of a boy. How will you play with me if your boyfriend is also a girl? Unnie, why didn’t you tell me. Have you been together long?” Hyunah spoke in Korean, her comfortable language and Sunny didn’t protest at her to speak in English.

“Almost two months now. I’m sorry, I should have told you. Do you approve of Hyomin?” Sunny asked. Hyunah looked up to Hyomin who had came to the living room and sat on the recliner next to them.

“Unnie, I think she’s a little bit of a ert. Maybe you could have done better. But I like Hyomin unnie, so it’s okay,” Hyunah joked. They all laughed a bit. Sunny leaned down to give Hyunah a kiss on the forehand but Hyunah resisted. “No, don’t kiss me after you kissed someone else. That’s dirty! Unnie. I want my own bed! I can’t sleep in the same bed after you two did.... that....”

“But we didn’t do anything...” Hyomin replied.

“New Bed!” Hyunah demanded.

“Alright alright, we’ll get you a new bed. I promise. You can pick it out.” Sunny answered.

“Good!”

Tiffany and Taeyeon walked out, to see what was going on. “Is everything okay?” Tiffany asked.

“Hyomin and Sunny have been secretly dating for almost 2 months now,” Hyunah answered.

“Really?”

“Yes Tiffany, really. Surprise! We’re dating.” Sunny answered in English breaking the Korean session.

**************************

“You were quite a beast today.”

“What? No, it was nothing. I was just playing hard.”

“You like destroyed that girl’s face!”

“Okay you know what, she deserved it. She was picking on Sunny, so I had to teach her a lesson,” Jessica defended slightly raising her voice.

“I just don’t like people who do that to Sunny. She’s a great girl, and a good tennis player. I don’t like people picking on her,” Jessica answered softly.

“You pick on her all the time though!” Yuri pointed out.

“Well, Tiffany and I are her friends, it’s different. Not some mean ol’ strangers.”

“Sunny is a tough girl, she won that campus fitness challenge. You don’t need to protect her or anything. She could have gotten her own revenge shot.”

“No she wouldn’t have, she’s a little too sweet sometimes for her own good. I don’t feel bad for what I did Yuri.”

“I see, is it because you like Sunny?”

“Of course I like Sunny. I love Sunny. We’ve been close friends for years.”

“That’s not what I meant...”

“Oh... you mean...Yuri...honey...” Jessica said, using her hand to turn and bring Yuri’s head up so that their eyes met. “Look around, there’s no one else here but you and I. And you’re the one I’m with. I love Sunny yes. It’s not like you think...don’t worry...”

Jessica leaned in to kiss Yuri. Yuri was surprised but welcomed it. They made out and kissed plenty of times, but like 80 percent of the time it was Yuri who initiated the contact. Now it was Jessica who brought the heat, and she didn’t stop with the kisses; Jessica yanked down the jacket off of Yuri and proceeded to pull over the shirt off  too. Yuri countered the move by removing Jessica’s shirt; both girls now were in the heat of the moment. Jessica’s hands moved to under the button and zipper on Yuri’s jeans, and pulled them off while Yuri kicked her legs to assist. Jessica hands ran from Yuri’s knee up to her shoulders, in a soft gentle . They broke away from their kiss as Yuri worked on tugging on Jessica’s compression shorts. Jessica put her hands on the tennis skirt and started to pull it down.

“No. Leave it on. I’ve always had a fantasy with you in your tennis skirt.” Yuri said. Jessica laughed and lifted her hips as Yuri pulled off the compression shorts and revealed the Under Armour . Yuri pulled up with a laugh. “What are you? A little billboard?” Yuri had to tease, because Jessica’s sports bra was always Under Armour, but Jessica had already take it off and pulled Yuri down in on the bed for a kiss. It was passionate, sweet and wet; Yuri pulled away.

“Jessica Jung, tonight you are mine.” Yuri said with a smile and resumed the kiss.

********************************

Hyomin had returned home after bedtime but Soyeon was still awake watching Food Network on TV. It was like her thing, Jiyeon and Hyomin would always joke about how Soyeon had grown old and middle aged.

“Welcome back. I thought you were going to be out really late. It’s barely not even midnight yet. Did you have fun?” Soyeon asked without looking away from the TV. She had a spiral notebook in her hand with a pen taking notes.

“Unnie..... I have something to tell you,” Hyomin said in Korean. Soyeon did noticed the language change and turned to look at Hyomin; speaking in Korean usually meant important news, or even a secret message. She knew her favorite photographer came to talk to her when things were on her mind, but she usually still kept the conversation in English. Hyomin came to sit down next to Soyeon.

“Unnie, I lied to you. I don’t have a boyfriend. I know you and Jiyeon think I do, but I don’t. I’ve been seeing Sunny.”

“Wait, Sunny? Lee Sunny? Jessica’s friend Sunny. The girl whose been over here? The girl?” Soyeon asked to double check that she heard correctly.   

“Yes... Sunny... the girl... We been together for almost two months. We were keeping it a secret, but we’re telling people now...”

“But Sunny is a girl right? And you’re a girl. So kind of like Yuri and Jessica?”

“Yes, and Tiffany and Taeyeon...”

“They’re... um... them too? Oh wow... what the hell... I always wondered about them... so I see...are you okay... I mean did anything happened to you to make you um... like them?”

“No. Unnie you seem upset at me. Is something wrong?”

“No no no. Just a little surprised. Well a lot surprised. You were dating a boy like months ago... do you like Sunny?”

“I do, if I didn’t, you think I would be with her? It’s not something I’d always had... I don’t think... I just fell for her... I can’t explain it unnie.” Hyomin said, looking regretful for telling. Soyeon smiled and gave Hyomin a big hug.

“Thank you for telling me. I’m very happy for you, that you found someone. Now I know who bought you that ring. It’s way too pretty for a man to have picked out anyways.” Soyeon said still holding onto Hyomin. “Want to watch Food Network with me?”

****************

Sunny answered her phone, all this time and their nightly phone calls still continued. It was corny, cheesy, not even really cute but they kept doing it anyways.

 

“I’m in my room... No, Hyunah isn’t here. She didn’t want to sleep in the same bed because she didn’t want our ‘dirty love germs’... I told her she could sleep in Jessica’s bed for tonight... Yeah, Jessica’s spending the night over at Yuri’s I guess.... I know, Jessica was scary good today in tennis... Yea, I don’t girl likes us. If we play them again there will probably be more blood... No I don’t have a bruise, I told you I’m fine... Baby please, I’m all muscle! It takes more than a ball to hurt me... I didn’t yelp! I grunted, totally two different things. It was manly, GRRRR!... No, how do you have phone ?... What?! No, just because I have the room to myself doesn’t mean I will do that... No, I never have... No, I don’t know. I’ve never touched myself, what does that even mean?.... Yah! Hyomin stop it!... Okay don’t touch yourself with me on the phone!... I don’t know if you’re kidding! you’re so y... Yes you are... Hyomin, it’s cold! I’m wearing pajamas.... No I will not tell you what color they... stop, you won’t win.... I don’t care if you’re wearing blue... Well I hope you’re wearing something over that or you’ll freeze tonight... No, you’re being too y, I’m going to go to sleep. And you can do whatever you want all by yourself..... I’m not being mean, I’m being totally reasonable.... Okay, let me sleep! You’ll call me tomorrow anyways... Okay, good night Hyomin... sweet dreams.”

*******************************************************************

Sorry for the delay. Hope everyone has been well. I hope you're enjoying the story, feel free to comment, upvote, subscribe, ask questions. The phone conversations are all one-side in my writing for this story, and I hope I gave enough to paint a picture of the conversation/topics going on. 

thanks. Subyung forever!!!