Chapter 14

A Present from Heaven: My Guardian Angel

 

CHAPTER 14

KIBUM'S POV

“Psst.” I was currently lying on my bed when somebody called my attention. I stood up and walked towards the balcony and opened the sliding door.

“Miss you.” I smiled to see Siwon, stunning as ever, standing there.

“I miss you too.” I said as I approached and hugged him.

“How are you?”

“I'm fine. I kinda missed being a human.”

“Well you can always go back to being a human and stay as it is.”

“No! Why would I do that? I love being an angel, it makes me spend my time with you.” I shivered as cool wind blew through me.

“Let's go inside?” He held my waist as we entered my room.

“Did you tell him why you're here?” I shrugged my shoulders. “No, I just told him that I want to see him that's all.”

It's been like what? A month since he became a human right?”

“Yup and he's making the wrong progress. Wonnie..”

“Hmm?”

“Why did you agree with this plan of Heechul hyung?”

“Well because I know that Donghae hyung needs help although he doesn't notice it.”

“Can you stay here til morning?”

“Of course if my princess says so.” He said as he pinched my nose. He really does spoil me too much. This is the main reason why I fell in love with him. We lied on my bed as he put his arm around me. Not even once in my life did regret hit my mind of deciding to become an angel. Yes, I was once a human before and my guardian angel is Siwon.

I had horrible childhood memories but what always made me calm is when a comfortable warmth surrounds me and I would always fall asleep, dreaming of a gorgeous angel cradling me in his arms. I grew up with those dreams until one day, I finally saw a guy, walking at the street. There's something familiar about him so as if my body has its own brain, I followed that guy. He took a less-crowded street and stopped there.

“I guess you recognized me?” He said as he faced me. I was shocked because I saw the most handsome man I've ever seen.

“Y-you're real?” He laughed silently making me blush.

“You're cute.” He approached me and tapped my shoulder.

“Of course I'm real. And now it's time for us to meet.” I don't know why but I suddenly hugged him and cried.

“Gomawo, gomawo for not leaving me all these years.” I pulled myself from him.

“B-but what's your name and why are you here?”

“My name's Siwon and aren't you happy to see me?”

“O-of course I'm happy. It's just that, I can't believe you're here. I can touch and feel you even though I'm not asleep.” But I suddenly slapped him when I remembered something. “Yah! You didn't even answere my question.”

“Well I want to be with you, that's why.”

“But why only now?”

“Because this is the right time. Kibum-ah, can I stay with you?”

“O-of course.” I gave him a shy smile and we went home. We did things together, laugh together, tease each other and everyday we feel our love for each other grow stronger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Siwonnie...”
“Hmm what is it?” We are currently at the living room cuddling while listening to the sound of rain from outside.

“Are you gonna be a human forever?” He stopped playing with my hair and looked at me.

“I'm sorry but I'm not. After 2 months I have to be an angel again.”

“B-but why?” I was shocked. I thought I'm gonna be with him forever. And it's already been a month since he came. Does it mean that he only have a month left?

“No!” He looked at me confusedly.

“No?”

“No! Don't leave me. I know! I want to be an angel!”

“What did you say?”

“I want to be an angel. Come on Siwon I guess it would be possible. Don't worry no one would come and find me or wonder why I disappeared you know that.”

“I don't know about that Kibummie. I have to talk to Leeteuk hyung first.”

“Then let's talk to him together.”

“Looking for me?” We looked at the balcony to see two handsome angels standing there.

“Hyungs!” Siwon exclaimed as he approached and hugged them.

“Annyeonghaseyo Hyungnims.”

“Aigoo such a polite child don't you think so Kanginnie?” The angel with a cute dimple said as he smiled. They hugged me making me surprised but returned the hug. I felt the warm aura of the two angels. It's like I felt the warmth of love from parents I never felt when I was a kid. I love this feeling. The couple let go of the hug as they looked at me.

“I guess there is something we need to talk about?” Siwon led them to the living room and sat beside me.

“First of all, I'm Leeteuk and this is Kangin, you're Kibum right? Nice to meet you.”

“N-nice to meet you too hyungnims.”

“Okay so what are we going to talk about?”

“You see hyungs, I love Kibum.” Siwon started.

“I want to be with him forever and fortunately, he too wants it. So..”

“Hyungnims, I want to be an angel as well.” I finished it for him. We waited for some reactions like being surprised or angry. But as we looked up, we saw the two smiling at us.

“That's a simple request dear, but there is a payment for it.”

“W-what is it?”

“The memories of you will be erased.” Leeteuk hyung seriously said.

“Meaning?”

“The people around you will forget you.” Siwon looked worredly at me. I on the other hand just nodded, face full of determination.

“That's alright, as long as I'll be with Siwon.”

“But Kibummie, what about your friends?”

“Don't worry, as long as I'll be with you, I can handle everything.” I squeezed Siwon's hand in assurance. 

“Well Teukie I guess another son for us?”

“Yup good thing he's a kind son though, and a silent type. So different from Donghae.” Kangin hyung laughed but was silenced by Leeteuk hyung's glare.

“Donghae?”

“One of the angels, the most childish one.” Siwon stated.

“See? Even Siwon agreed.”

“He's still a kid!” Leeteuk hyung reasoned out.

“Okay okay if you say so.” Kangin just said in surrender.

“Ready Kibum?”

“Ne.” I closed my eyes. Everything happened so fast. I felt dizzy like my body wants to give up already. But images of Siwon and me flashed making me gather up all my strength and enduring the pain I'm feeling. After quite some time, I opened my eyes but felt very weak. I looked up to see Siwon looking worriedly at them. I smiled at him until darkness slowly took over me.




NOBODY'S POV

"Is he awake yet?"

"No I don't think so."

After quite some time...

“Is he awake yet?”

“Shisus Donghae would you please stop asking questions? Can't you see he's still sleeping?” Kangin shouted at the pouting Donghae.

“Yah Youngwoon stop shouting at my baby!” Leeteuk knocked Kangin's head.

“But Teukie he's so annoying.” Kangin said as he massaged his head.

“Nnggh..” They stopped arguing when they saw Kibum moved.

“He's awake!”

“Shh!” Siwon ignored them as he hurriedly went to Kibum's side. He saw Kibum opening his eyes. 

“Kibummie?”

“S-siwon?”

“Yes it's me.”

“Where am I?” Kibum tried to sit up and was helped by Siwon.

“Hi Kibum-ah!”

“Huh?” Kibum looked to his side to see a boy about his age smiling fishily at him.

“Hae-ah please step away you're making him confused.”

“But Teukie hyung~”

“Hae? It means you're Donghae hyung?”

“He knew me? Yay!” Donghae cheered like a child.

“Wait! Does this mean that…”

“Yes Kibum you're now an angel.” Siwon said as hugged him. Kibum hugged him back and looked at Leeteuk. He mouthed a 'thank you hyung' and Leeteuk just smiled in return.

“Are you fine now? You should rest more.”

“Gwaenchanayo Siwonnie.”

“Wow looking closely at Kibum, he sure fits to be an angel.” Donghae said as he inspects Kibum closely.

“And he acts like a normal angel than you.” Kangin retorted.

“Teukie Umma! Kangin hyung is bullying me again! WWAAAHHH!”

“YAH KANGIN!” Leeteuk angrily shouted.

“Sorry for the mess.” Siwon shyly apologized.

“It's alright I love here. I love your family.”

“It's our family now.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kibum slowly drifted to sleep with Siwon beside him. Morning came and when his hands searched for Siwon, he realized he was gone. He frowned but when he saw a feather with a rose, he instantly smiled. 

Knock knock!

“Come in!” He looked at the door to see Hyukjae peeking in.

“Good morning hyung.” He said as he smiled and hid the rose and the feather.

“Good morning Kibum-ah breakfast is ready go downstairs ne?”

“Arasso hyung gomawoyo.” Hyukjae closed the door as Kibum got up and fixed himself.

“Another day again. Well Kibum do your best.” He said as he smiled to himself and went out his room to join the Haehyuk couple.



Annyeonghaseyo! I'm sorry for the late and short update. I've been to hospital duties so I'm tired as hell. I would not be able to reply this time but I've read all of your comments and thank you very much ^^. To make it up on you I'll update this weekend again... thanks for understanding! :D