Explaining

Just another Korean story

Jihyun's POV
I watched as Jimi walked away and slammed the door.

I looked back at Joon and Seungho who were both staring at me, dumbfounded.
Joon raised an eyebrow. "Well, you going to explain what the heck was that about or what?"
Seungho nodded in agreement. "Yeah, explain."
I walked to the living room, sat down on the couch and asked,
"Where's Byunghee?"

Joon shrugged. "Oh, he went out to go buy us some snacks."
Seungho frowned. "Don't try to change the subject, Jihyun, Tell us what happened!"
I looked up at Seungho and sighed. “Can you sit down first?” You stared at Seungho and he sat. Joon, however,went back to the kitchen first to look for more food.
"Okay, the thing is, Jimi and I were texting Minjoon and Younha and everything was fine then until she got a call. I walked out to make some snacks, oh, I was making sandwiches then when I suddenly heard a thump on the floor, like something crashed. So I quickly jogged to my room and when I came in, Jimi was on the floor, crying and screaming. I ran over to her and asked what was wrong. But she didn't say anything. She just got up and walked out and of course, I ran after her. When I got outside, I tried to run as fast as I could to catch up to her. But clumsy me, I tripped on a rock and fell down.” I sighed. “And when I got back up, she disappeared! So I ran around in a panic and thankfully, I saw her in the police station, but then, punching a wall and I was like, what is she, crazy? and I got pissed and…and…and--"
Seungho looked confused and a little annoyed. "Can you…uh…just skip the details and get to the important part? PLEASEEEEE? You’re making me fall asleep! I mean, look! Joon's already asleep on the floor!" He pointed at Joon’s sprawled out body.
"Geez! Rude, much? Okay, okay! To make the long story short, her parents…" I bit my lip.
"Go on." Seungho nodded at me encouragingly.
"…DIED." I whispered the last part.
"WHAT?! HOW?! WHEN?! They were just fine when I last saw them!" He gasped in shock.
"The officers said they were caught in a fire and they couldn't find their bodies so it's almost like they’re missing." I sighed.
"OMFG. Poor Jimi! What is she gonna do now?" Seungho looked worried.
"I don't know. She didn’t say, but I was thinking maybe she should just live with us?" I looked at him hopefully.
His eyes widened. "WHAT ARE YOU--"
"Shut up! There are other people staying here too!" I hissed.
"Whatever. But she can't stay here. It's already cramped up with just the four of us!" He complained.
"So? You, Joon, and Byunghee can share a room! And me, Jimi and Eandra can share a room. What's so wrong about that?" I glared at him.
"We’re growing men who need space! Having you in the room is already too much for me!"
"Whatever! Who made you the boss anyway? Mom and Dad gave the apartment to me! ME! You pabos just came and messed up my peace." I huffed.
"Shut up!” He punched me a little on the arms. “You said we can stay here if we wanted to! You even said it in front of mom and dad! And besides, you’re a minor, you could get arrested. Pabo." He raised his arms in the air, frustrated.
"Pabo! What was that for?!” I rubbed my arm, pouting.
“Whatever. I just wanna help Jimi out anyway. Ugh. Forget I even said anything! I’m going to bed. Go stay at Byunghee and Joon's room or just sleep on the couch." I decided.
"Why?” He frowned.
"Because Jimi is sleeping on my bed! So I’m gonna sleep on yours and you can just sleep on the couch. Night." I ran to my room quickly and locked the door as fast I could and…and—
 OWWWW! I fell down! UGH!
I rubbed my knees, got up to the room and swiftly locked the door.
The last thing I heard was Seungho, who was outside, laughing.
I shook my head. Pabo.