Old Meeting Place

QPD

                                                                          06.12.13 

Two hours later, I was in the dorm. I was really tired myself. He had been taken care of by the manager, but the others had stayed and class had resumed. Queen Eonni hadn't asked me anything and I was grateful for it. Our dorm was small, with only two bedrooms. However, since my home was in NY, I was given a room all to myself while my eonnies took the master bedroom. I was glad though. It had already been three months since we got this place and I liked it.   
        I had white furniture, mostly made of metal. Even the bed. I loved it! I had put on a purple comforter on the bed, along with purple cushions and pillows. I had also hanged frames on the white walls, to make the room more alive. The frames were of different shades of pink and purple with pictures of us three or my family and close friends from NY. I had a small desk where I had placed my books and laptop. (I was crazy about writing and reading.)
        I took a quick shower and grabbed some thing to eat from the kitchen before going in my room. I switched on my laptop and started writing. It was a medieval story. It was pretty much in a mess. I had written chapter 10 without even writing chapter 4, for instance. But the plot was good. Suddenly, my phone was ringing. It was an unknown number.
        "Hello?"
        "It's me. Can I see you?"
        "Wae?"
        "Please?" 
        "Okay. At the usual place in thirty minutes," I sighed. I quickly put on a pair of jeans and a hoodie. I didn't want anyone to notice me. I put on fake pimples all over my face and spectacles. I tied my hair into a messy bun and went out of my room.
        "Where are you going?" Queen Eonni asked when she saw me. She was in charge of cooking tonight.
        "I'm meeting an old friend. I'll be right back."
        "Don't cause any scandals!" She called after me.
        "Ne!" I put my biker boots and a coat and left the house. I hailed a cab and gave him the address. It took me there in fifteen minutes. I was early. I paid him and thanked him. I entered the café and went to sit on a corner of the room. 
        It was a small café, owned by an old man. Someone once told me that he was actually rich, but bored, so he opened a small book café. I missed Starbucks, but the coffee and the cakes were awesome here. I ordered a latte and an brownie. I was starved. And I deserved a treat to be frank. 
        I suddenly saw a tall man enter the place. He was looking around for AhNa though, not Duchess. That is why he couldn't spot me. He was looking for a very tanned girl, with long dark hair, reading a book. Yet, here I was, checking my schedule and mails on my phone, waiting for my order to arrive. My skin was less tanned than before and my hair was now blond and not very long. It was also tied in an ugly way, I was wearing specs and had put on fake pimples on my face since I really did not want to be seen with him.
       When my order arrived, he recognized me then. I had also ordered for him. Expresso and brownie too. The brownie here was killer and we ate it almost all of the time whenever we met here. I met his eyes and saw them go wide. It seemed like he was in shock. Of course he would be. I wasn't the same. He strode to me and sat down, as graceful as a cat...
        "I came, sunbae. What is it?"
        "I wanted to apologize. I shouldn't have talked to you like that... Sorry, Ana."
I nodded at him, letting him know that it was okay. "Are you happier there?" I wanted to snap at him and be mean, but I looked at his eyes and I decided not to do so. Ok Taecyeon had that much power over me.
        "I am. It was for the best... For everyone."
        "Why did you leave? If you had given me time, I would ha-"
        "No! That's in the past. Let's just leave it there for a while, shall we?"
He looked at me unconvincingly. "Let's be friends. We're both idols now. Well, I'm not one yet, but I will be. I am doing my best. Can we just try to get along like civilized people?"
        "Did you ask that to him too?"
I ignored him and ate my brownie. Gosh, I had missed that! "I have people watching you, Ana. I know what you've been doing..." I looked at him. I did nothing wrong. "You were dieting and exercising like crazy. You've become so skinny." I laughed.
        "I didn't! I just practiced a lot and ended up losing weight. And let's admit it, I'm not as thin as Yoona Eonni or Sooyoung Eonni. That's skinny. I'm like... Uhm..."
        "Tiffany when she debuted."
        "Yeah! Like that!"
        "Look at her now and then. She lost so much weight..."
        "You've lost weight too..."
        "My reason for losing weight is not like hers. Or yours."
I remained silent. Was a it because of me? 
        "You know why I left JYP?" He shook his head. I sighed and switched back to Korean. "Because I knew that it take three more years before I finally make my debut..."
        "What?" Taecyeon Oppa looked outraged. He also switched back to Korean. Good. I rarely saw him like that. When I did, I got scared. "Some people wait forever to debut, but you can't? SNSD Hyoyeon waited for 7 years! And you... You!"
        "Oppa...!" He wasn't yelling or anything, but his hiss was creepy to me. 
        "I told you not to call me that!" I cringed at that. "Ana, I really am a lost for words. I never thought you'd say that. Of all people, not you..." He looked at his drinke and finished it in a go. 
        "Hey, I'm-" I was cut off by my phone. It was JB! I quickly took it, my eyes wide. I had been so worried about him! "JB Oppa! Gwenchana?" I bit my lip and waited for his reply.
        "It's Jackson."
        "Jackie! How is he? Last time I saw him-"
     "I know, Ana. I know."
Since Jackson spoke English better than Korean and was fluent, that's how we communicated. "He is fine. He ate something bad. Those snacks in the vending machines were expired. I heard it was your member."
        "Yeah, Princess Eonni bought that."
I closed my eyes. 
        "He's not mad at her. He's telling me thank you by the way. Don't worry Ana, he is good now. He's getting discharged." I sighed.
        "Good. Bye Jackie."
        "Bye Annie."
I smiled and hung up. I took a long glup of my coffee. When I looked up, I met Taecyeon's angry eyes. Oh ! I had forgotten that he was here! Crap! 
        "What was that?"
        "Sunbae, that is really none of your business." I finished my drink in one shot, grabbed my brownie, phone and wallet and left the café. I knew that Taecyeon wouldn't follow. Not with so many people knowing him. I hailed a cab and quickly got home.