Enough!

QPD

27.12.13

Duchess's POV

When we arrived at the restaurant, I felt a little underdressed, but well, we would be in a private room. I felt a little bad for barging in, but I really had nowhere else to go. People knew our faces a little too much by now and that wasn't really good. "Call Tiffany Eonni, Taeyeon Eonni is not picking up."

      "Fany Eonni won't be here," I sighed, "she must be celebrating with 2PM today..."

      "Oh, that's right..." Princess sighed and then tried to call Taeyeon again. I sat on the stairs and looked at my phone. It was late, 11 p.m already. Maybe Taecyeon had received my gift by now. I had made his birthday cake. As soon as he would taste it, he would know it's me. That was the only cake I could bake and it was so weird it was not for sale... Hee...

       "Let's just ask for SNSD," I say after sometime, getting. "We'll show our faces to the waiter so that we can go in, ne?"

        "Let me try one more time!" I nodded and she called Taeyeon again. "Eonni!" I sighed in relief. Finally! "We're here!" There was a pause and then Princess burst out laughing like crazy. "Ne!" She hung up, looked at me, and the laughed even more. 

        "Eonni! Wae?"

        "They code is Danamishiri!" It took me a moment to register that. Seriously? They had nothing better than that? I laughed along with Princess for some seconds. "Let's go now. They said that they waited for us for dessert!"

        "Kaja!" I linked arms with Princess and we went to that room. We said the password and even the waiter looked like he was trying to contain his laughter. We entered the room and I stopped dead in my tracks. 

        What the hell?

 


Princess's POV

"Oh, annyeoghaseyeo!" I bowed and Duchess did like me, but like a robot. I gave her hand a squeeze and smiled. "Taecyeon sunbae, saengilchukamnida."

     "Oh, yes, thanks!" He smiled at me, but I could tell that he was taken off guard by Duchess. I quickly went to take a seat next to Taeyeon and Tiffany, followed by Duchess. Then, Yoona came in.

     "Duchess, sorry, but that's my seat. Can you please...?"

     "Ah, ne Eonni!" Duchess, clueless, got up. I saw her eyes grow large when she saw that the only spot available was next to Taecyeon. Taecyeon didn't look happier about it than her though. It's not that they were sad about it, it's just that they were shy after the fight they had and also because of their heavy past. I was going to protect her anyway, no matter what, because she was my little sister and because if that secret was out, her life would be over.

    "Now, let's cut the cake!" Junho yelled. They called the waiter to bring the cake. Only Tiffany, Yoona and I knew that it was Duchess who had made the cake, but I think that Taeyeon must have also known about it. 

     The cake was simple, but really pretty. It was covered in blue frosting and had chocolate sauce making some sort of aztec pattern all around it. In the middle was written 'happy birthday Taecyeon' in Hangul. There were also some silver beads here and there that I knew could be eaten. 

      "Where did you guys buy the cake?" Junho asked SNSD. They looked at each other and then shrugged while smirking. Duchess kept shut and looked as if she was ready to become invisible any second.  

      "Oppa make a wish!" Tiffany said. Taecyeon obeyed and blew the candles. Everyone, even me sang, except for Duchess. She looked very pale. I started to get worried and shot a glance at Tiffany and then looked at Duchess again to make sure she understood. 

      "You eat the cake first Hyung," Chansung said, "tell us if these girls are not trying to poison us!" Tiffany shook her head slightly at me and smiled. I frowned, but did nothing. She knew best. 

       "Yah! Are you saying Tiffany is trying to kill me?" Nichkhun yelled at Chansung.

       "Wow," Wooyoung grinned, "I didn't know you wanted to be mine so much Fany-ah!" Everyone laughed as Nichkhun kicked him. He then moved to Tiffany and wrapped his arms around her, as if marking his territory, just like he used to... I closed my eyes and focused on Duchess.

       "Hyung, I want to taste the cake, so eat it! Hurry!" Junho said. I smiled and watched while he put some in his mouth. His eyes grew wide and he started to choke. "Omo! SNSD wants to kill 2PM!" Junho cried as he gave Taecyeon some water to drink. 

      "Bwoh?" Nichkhun took a bite and grinned. "That cake is really weird, but good! Where did you girls buy this? What flavor is this?" Tiffany shook her head at him and then wiped some cream off his mouth for him.

      "Excuse me," Duchess said and tried to get up, but Taecyeon grabbed her wrist and forced her back on her chair.

      "Taecyeon!" Jun.K yelled. "Don't do that!"

      "You guys like the cake? Good, you can thank the one who baked it in person," he said and the looked at Duchess. "You made it, right? You also decorated it, didn't you?"

      "Ani," Duchess lied, looking at him straight in the eye. "It tastes like mine? Then, Fany Eonni did a good job. I gave her the recipe last time." She turned to Tiffany, a fake grin on her lips. "You did really well Eonni!"

      "And to think I wasted my time to teach you acting!" Taecyeon snorted sarcastically. "You are just like a B-grade actress."

      "What?!"

      "You heard me."

      "What is your problem exactly? Can't you just grow up? JB did!"

      "What was that? Say it again!"

      "You heard me!" I could see her eyes shinning because of unshed tears. It broke my heart a little to see her like that. She did cry in front of us, but it was only some tears and no yelling. I don't think I ever heard her yell, except when she was very happy.

      "You little-"

      "ENOUGH!" Tiffany finally yelled. "Everyone, let's leave!" She gave a look at Nichkhun and he nodded. Everyone stood up and Duchess and I went with SNSD, heading to God knows where...