01.12.13

QPD

Only one month left until our debut. I was quite worried about the public's reaction to us. SM hadn't released any teaser picture or clip yet. It's not like we weren't ready yet. We were done filming the MV and recording the album. The images were already done. 

      "Duchess-ah! It's your turn to go buy the drinks!" Princess Eonni said. I nodded and ran out to go buy us some drinks while my two eonnies sat down and wiping their sweat away. We took turns buying drinks for each other. Well, we mostly drank water to keep in good shape. And there were CCTV everywhere. I pulled my cap over my head and looked down while going to the cafeteria. I hated it when people noticed me.
       Weird, right? For a person who is going to debut soon. Well, I don't really like it when people notice me, but fame is different. I want to leave my mark in this world. I want fame and be able to use this for a good cause. Like Ian Sommerhalder. I donated some money to his cause in the past. Well, whenever I have money. But I don't want to help animals, but children. Not in Africa. All around the world children are suffering. Even here, in South Korea.
       "Duchess?" I lifted my head when someone called my name. It was our manager Oppa, Kim TaeJun. He was 23, not very old. That was a good thing since he understood all of us when we were down. My two eonnies especially. They would like to go clubbing sometimes, but they were forbidden to. manager Oppa could do that, but he didn't. He said that he was going to support us by suffering with us. "Where are you going?"
       "I'm going to buy drinks. It's my turn." He nodded and came with me.
       "Let me buy it. I'll even buy you some snacks!" I nodded and beamed at him. I gave him a little hug and he chuckled. "What do you want?"
        "Well, we all have to drink water only..."
       "Ah, right..." He looked at me sadly. "I know! I'll buy you girls green teas and then some choco pie! Good?"
       "Ne~" he smiled and ruffled my hair. There wasn't a lot of idols around recently. They were all really busy with their musicals or other things. Some came to the company, but to record. I remember seeing Jonghyun, Taeyeon, Krystal, Yesung, Zhoumi and Changmin sunbaedeul recently... I heard that it was some special SM album. I didn't give it much thought. I was too tired to think about any of this.
       When we were done buying everything, we went to the practice room to eat everything. We were all pretty famished... Well, work was work. If we worked hard enough, it would all be worth it in the end. I just hoped we could make it to the SM Town...

       Later that day, at around noon, we all went to eat lunch. We would be eating with some representatives, so we went to a famous Japanese place. I actually loved sushi... We put on decent clothes at the company and showered there since our dorm was a little far. 
       "Oh, that's 2PM!" You heard Princess Eonni yelp. I kept my head down. I didn't want to meet their faces. We girls weren't famous. Nobody know our faces. But i used to be a JYP trainee. These guys knew my face. They knew it a little bit too much. 
        "Don't say anything girls, nobody is supposed to know," TaeJun Oppa said. We nodded and entered the room quickly. I sighed in relief. Thank God I was wearing a cap! We all sat down and the marketing person started talking.
        "We will release a teaser tomorrow. It will only one picture. We will see how the public reacts first. Then we will release over pictures and finally the teaser of the MV on the 25th of December." We all smiled and nodded at her. That was a good idea! It would be like a Christmas gift followed my a New Year gift... I just hoped that people will like our concept. It was all about royalty, from head to toe.
        "Girls, we know this is hard, but you will have to spend Christmas away from your families..." TaeJun Oppa said.
        "Mwoh?" Queen Eonni said. "You mean just us? Alone?"
        "No," he said and smiled. "The company will hold a small gathering for all those who cannot go to their families. Don't worry about it." I looked away. I was actually happy. It was either that or being alone. I come from New York. I was even born there. I go by my Korean name here, but in the U.S it was 'Ana'. I didn't even know how to talk Korean well, much less read it when I first came here, three years ago.
        "Duchess?" 
        "Ne?" I looked at everybody and realized they had been talking to me. I blushed. "Mianhaeyeo."
        "You look pale," Princess Eonni said. I shook my head. I was fine. Nothing to worry about. 
        "Duchess has some fear of facing people," TaeJun said. I smiled at him. Then that rep opened .
        "Well, we should arrange something for you then. What if you do poorly?"
        "She won't make any mistakes. She was recruited while doing a show for her school. She can do well in public." That woman just nodded her head. You sighed quietly and looked down. You were scared, but once your job started, you knew that you couldn't make any mistakes. You were just that weird.