Birthday gift

QPD

27.12.13


The first thing I do when I wake up is check my phone. I have to look at the time, date and if I've got any new notifications while I was sleeping. This morning, there was a reminder about someone's birthday that I wished wouldn't have been there. It's not as if I wouldn't have known... I need to know the date.
       Since this morning though u tried to push that thought away. Since this morning, we were back to practicing for our debut. After two days, practice was back. Not that I was complaining or anything. It helped to think only about the group and nothing else.
      "Eonni!" I said at Queen Eonni. She missed a step again. She just slumped down and drank her water. Princess glanced at me and I nodded. She went out, so I followed. "Eonni, do you what's up?"
      "Ani..." Princess sighed and then looked at me again. "She's been having a hard time sleeping too. I want to know what's up, but she's as quiet as a carp!"
      "Maybe TaeJun Oppa...?" We stared at each other for a long time. Could it be why she was so unwell? So unfocused? Did he reject her that badly. 
      "Come to think of it, Duchie," that was my new nickname, "Oppa has been weird too since that day. You think it's because he's guilty?"
      "Hmmm... Maybe Eonni, maybe..." We both looked at the door and the she decided to go back inside. "I'll grab something to eat and drink." She nodded and riffled my head. I grinned and ran to the nearest vending machine. Some coke and ships would do Queen great good.
       "Ana!" I looked behind me and saw Yoona and Tiffany come my way. I grinned and bowed.
       "Annyeoghaseyeo!" They both grinned and Tiffany ruffled my hair.
       "We're going to buy a gift for Taecyeon. Mixing our money would be better. Wanna come or join or both?" Tiffany asked. "You could want to buy him a gift yourself, but since we're going..."
       "If I come with you, do you, eonnideul swear not to tell him?"
They both looked at me with a frown.
       "Wae?" Yoona asked. "I hear you guys are close. He asked me about you..."
       "Bwoh?! You too?" I asked in disbelie. "When?"
       "When you girls first came here..." I sighed but the shook my head. "I promise I won't say a thing, AhNa-ah." 
       "Me too!" Tiffany said. I asked them to wait and went back to the dance studio. We all agreed that we could take a break, so I showered quickly and then joined Yoona and Tiffany.
       "Yoona Eonni," I said while we were walking in disguise at the mall, "are you close with Taecyeon sunbae?"
       "Yeah, kinda... Less that Fany Eonni though!" I nodded at that. "Wae? You're scared you're getting competition?"
       "Ne..." I whispered and then quickly corrected myself, "Ani!" Tiffany and Yoona just laughed. 
       "Want me to tell you a secret only eight girls know?" I nodded at Yoona while Tiffany was working hard not to laugh at me. What was up?! Was she dating?! Who? "I'm dating!"
       "BOWH?! Chinja? Who?" They both laughed at me and told me to hush down my voice. 
       "Lee Seunggi," she whispered in my ear. I felt like fainting right here. These two were dating for real?! Lee Seunggi did it?! Finally!
       "Omo, I'm so happy for-"
       "Be happy for me, but don't tell anyone, okay?"
       "Anio, I'm not happy for you, I'm happy for him," I corrected her. 
       "Yah!" She pushed my head with her fist lightly and we laughed. We ended up going to a branded shop and the girls ended up buying him a new bag. I simply bought him a tie, but I didn't ask them to wrap it up. The gift wasn't ready yet. I wasn't even ready to give it to him... I sighed and then an idea just popped up from my head!
       "Eonnideul... Can I ask for a favor?" They both nodded at me. I told them my plan while thinking I was a genius. I might be at war with Ok Taecyeon, but I still had feelings for him. Feelings that I couldn't deny...

 

Princess's POV

I dragged Queen with me to a restaurant/café. It was a small quite place where I liked to come. It was a sunbae who showed me this place. I ordered us some food and drinks and then I sat across her. "What's up?"
      "What?" She looked at me confused. "What do you mean? I'm just tired... I'm really sorry. I think I just needed some rest."
      "Why do you keep lying to us? You know how worried Duchess and I are? We are so worried sick about it... If you could just..." I sighed and drank some coke. "We are in the same group. I don't want you to tell me what's wrong now. I want you to speak to me when Duchess is here. It's not the two of us, it's the three of us. And you should be the one thinking like that, you're the leader of the group, not me."
       "There are some thing which you girls cannot know..."
       "Bull," I hissed. "Look, we heard you on that day. We know what you said and how you ran away just as fast."
       "What?!" Queen bored a murderous look on her face. I bot my lip and looked away. I shouldn't have said that, but I was so mad... I couldn't keep it in anymore. Her behavior was affecting the group and we were debuting a couple of days! "You were eavesdropping?"
      "Of course not! It's just that you said it on the living room while Duchess and I were coming. I think we need some new rules at home."
      "What rules now?" She rolled her eyes. I narrowed my eyes at her. Did she think she was the only one with guy problems? I snorted and looked away. If only she knew what it was like to see the one guy you like liking another girl right in front of your eyes. A girl close to you at that. "Look, I'm sorry," she finally said with a heavy sigh. "Let's go shopping. I'll make dinner tonight." I nodded and we quickly ate our food before leaving.