Chapter 3

Found you - like a movie.

The Meeting

 

“Can I get one tall hot caramel chocolate, to go?” Lena then spells out her name so that the barista could get them right. She opted to sit while waiting for her drinks to be served. She had about 30 minutes before her movie start. She has always watched movies alone.

Of course, sometimes Tina, Trish or Min watched with her but sometimes, well, most of the time, she preferred to be alone.

“Hello, can I get one Grande hot vanilla macchiato? Kris, yes, k-r-i-s” A familiar voice spoke out. Lena looked up towards the counter and saw Kris paying his drinks. Lena decided to act normal, by normal, she meant ignore the fact that Kris was there.

“Hot caramel chocolate, Lena?” The barista called out and Lena could see Kris immediately turning around. So much for avoiding, hiding, Lena smiled towards Kris as she walked to the counter and muttered “Thank you”

“Lena!” Kris called out and almost ran over towards Lena. “We meet again” He blushed as he said those words to Lena.

Lena trying to act calm as much as possible only said, “Yeah”

“Where are you going? Are you not staying?” Kris asked as he pointed towards a seat. Lena politely shook her head and immediately look towards the 187cm tall guy in front of her.

“I’m heading to the movies” Lena explained and look towards her wristwatch. “I have 25 minutes to go” Lena immediately said.

“Oh, are you going alone?” Kris asked and followed Lena as she tried to walk out the coffee shop. Lena nodded and stopped walking as Kris turn to walk in front of her instead. Both then heard Kris name and order being called out. Kris gave Lena a wait sign and to not be rude, Lena finally listened and decided to wait out. A second after realizing what she was doing, she felt awkward, rethinking why she decided to wait.

“I’ll walk you over; you need to cross the street, don’t you?” Kris said as he ran over towards Lena. Lena could feel a blush creeping on her face, why she was blushing, she had no idea.

“It’s okay, it’s just crossing this one street, I can manage” Lena looked over again and saw Kris immediately shaking his head.

“I’ll walk you over, I needed to get something over there anyway” He explained and turned Lena slowly towards the street. Lena tried to protest but Kris only said “It’s no sweat, really” Lena gave up as both of them approached the street.

The crossing lights weren’t working and the cars were moving fast, trying to get to their destination as soon as possible not caring about those two waiting to cross. As soon as the cars slowed down and decrease in number, Kris immediately grabbed Lena’s hand and led the cross.

Lena was in shocked; she could feel drying up over what happened. She was in a daze, she snapped out of it as they arrived in front of the entrance. “Have you picked your tickets up?” Kris asked still not letting go.

“Yeah, I did” Lena moved her hands from Kris and patted her bag. The two stood awkwardly in front of the entrance and Lena could see Kris moving his hands towards the back of his neck. “So, I’ll see you around?” Lena smiled and was about to move when Kris grabbed her wrist.

“Len, em, can I get your number?” Kris asked after building up his courage. He could see Lena trying to decide and awkwardly thinking. He was glad though when Lena took out her hand, signaling for his phone. Kris immediately took his phone out from his back pocket.

Lena keyed in her number and was fighting with herself over what she was doing. Kris immediately pressed the call button when she gave the phone back. “I’ll call you” Kris said hoping that Lena would give some sort of permission.

“Sure” Lena took out her phone as it rang and smiled again towards Kris. “I got to go now” Lena waved and walked towards the movie entrance. Kris didn’t miss the moment when Lena looked back towards him and gave him a little nod.

Kris could feel his mouth slowly smiling, happy to have her number. She still was her, awkward, closed but still to him, she was lovely. What Kris didn’t know was as soon as Lena walked in the theater, she took out her phone again to stare at the number which just called her, she added the number towards her contacts; Yi Fan.