Chapter 2

Found you - like a movie.

The Past

 

“I heard you met Kris?” Min asked as Lena sat on the sofa at a coffee shop, the place where she and her friends get coffee and talked about well, anything.

Lena said nothing but nodded. She didn’t know how her friends came to know she had met Kris.

“Kris is finally back home and the first person he saw was you, I’m telling you Len, its fate.” Tina said what everyone had been saying for the past few days.

“He could have met anyone, it was just coincidence.” Lena said trying to avoid the conversation.

“You could say its just coincidence, we don’t think that way though” Trish told everyone. Lena just shrugged her shoulders. To others, Lena might seem rude, but her three friends knew her more than she knew herself.

“Come on, Len. You know how Kris feels about you” Min almost burst catching the attention of everyone in the shop. Lena immediately gave her a ‘quiet down’ look while the other two gave their nods.

“Min, honestly, I don’t know. We were in the same group, worked together. For all that I know, Yi Fan is just a friend who was fun to work with.” Lena honestly said, she heard about this over and over but honestly never felt Kris having feelings.

“Len, didn’t you remember how he reacted when you left school?” Tina questioned. Lena remembered but thought that it was just what everyone had felt. “He was sad! He didn’t know how to say goodbye, Alex had to help him say “Bye Lena, good luck in Singapore!” You saw his face, Len.”

“You girls are just over reacting. I’m sure he found someone else by now. If he really did like me back then, it’s been what, four years? I’m probably just a piece of history in his life.” Lena said and honestly felt that her best friends were reacting unnecessarily. “How did you girls know anyway?” Lena finally asked.

“It’s all over our group chat. Alex told us that Kris met you and everyone started wondering how you were doing and all” Trish explained. Lena wasn’t in that group chat, she didn’t like communicating with people she wasn’t close to.

“So, Alex told you over group chat?” she asked again making sure.

“Yeah.” The three answered unanimously.

“Great.” Lena said not knowing what else to say and took her drink from the table.

“We were thinking of doing a little reunion, Len. What do you think about that?” Tina asked curiously hoping that Lena would agree and would come.

“It sounds good” She answered without any intention of coming or whatsoever.

“You are coming right? If we were to plan it. I mean, we’re your best friends. You should come to something your best friends had planned.” Trish used the best friend card.

“I’ll think about it” Lena answered and will probably over think about it that night.

“We really do want you to come, Len. Yes, maybe we want you to meet Kris again but that’s not wrong, right?” Min explained.

“Yes, it’s not wrong. I’ll think about it, okay?” Lena tried to assure her friends and gave all three an assuring smile.

“We know you don’t like being around everyone, but maybe this can bring out something good?” Tina holds onto her shoulders and only receives a nod from Lena.

It wasn’t because she doesn’t like being around people, it’s just that she gets awkward. Tina, Trish and Min stayed longer at school while Lena spent 6 months and made a move to Singapore.

The four of them kept in contact and continued to become best of friends but Lena’s friendship with her other class mates seems to get more distant by the year. The three knew everyone while Lena struggles to remember who was who and wonders if they even remember her.

“It will be fun, trust me” Trish tried to convince Lena again. Lena just nodded and finally gave them a genuine smile.