Chapter 25

Found you - like a movie.

Chapter 25

The insight

 

Kris ordered his usual Lasagna for dinner and Lena decided on getting baked rice. Kris ordered mushroom soup as well since he could still see that Lena was having pain. He noticed that she kept on holding her stomach and rubbing it slowly and trying to avoid from Kris knowing she was hurting. Kris couldn’t really enjoy the movie as he got too worried over Lena’s condition. Lena insisted on dinner because she knew Kris did not have a proper meal for the day, she insisted so that he will at least get some food in his system.

Lena was feeling more pain than ever before, her stomach starting to feel cramp, her back started to hurt as well. Lena felt the need to breathe hard when the pain started to come more rapidly. Kris could see the frown on Lena’s face and asked the waiter to get them warm water.

“Do you want me to get you some medicine?” Kris asked as soon as he finished asking for the water.

“It’s okay, I think I just need to sleep it off” As soon as Lena said the words, a huge pain strike her stomach but the pain was now moving to her right. Lena immediately holds onto her stomach. Kris became more worried and asked Lena to eat the mushroom soup instead of her baked rice. He worried that the cheese would upset her stomach more. Lena took at least four slow sips of her soup when she felt as if everything was about to come out.

Lena signal to Kris that she needed to go to the rest room. Thankfully, Lena manages to reach the rest room before she threw up what she had eaten. Lena was starting to feel light headed and was holding on to the sink trying to catch her breath. Lena heard a knock on the door and heard Kris asking if she was alright.

Lena opened the door and look up to Kris and she could see how worried he was. “Let’s go to the hospital now, okay Len?” Kris asked and Lena was about to shake her head but Kris immediately hold onto her arm and told her “We need to go to the hospital, you are not okay, alright? Come on.” Kris holds onto Lena and grabbed her stuff and brought them to the car.

“What’s hurting the most now?” Kris asked as he got in the car. He took the safety belt and put it on Lena safely.

“My stomach has been hurting since before, now it’s like all over the place” Lena couldn’t really think straight as the pain strikes again.

“Have you felt this kind of pain before?” He asked again to get as much as information as he needed.

“No, not like this. I thought it was just period pains, but this side is staring to hurt really bad.” Lena hold onto the right side of her stomach.

Kris started to drive faster but safe when he saw Lena was frowning and starting to sweat. He pulled to the emergency area of the hospital and could only drop Lena off the emergency area as he needed to park his car. He ran as fast as he could to the emergency area and was surprised when he saw Lena was still waiting at the reception. Kris ran up to her and asked her to sit down so that he’ll register her instead.

Lena only sat for five minutes when Kris approached her with two nurses. They escorted her to the emergency ward. A doctor came in running towards them, Lena was asked to lay down but as the cramp got worse, she felt the need to sit on the bed.

“How long has it been hurting?” The doctor asked and before Lena could, Kris answered the questions for her.

“It’s been three to four hours. She’s been having pains on her stomach but her right side has started to hurt now. She threw up as well not long ago” Kris answered.

The pain was now starting to hurt really bad, Lena felt a severe and sharp pain on her right side and she grabbed Kris’ arm immediately asking for support, attention, something. It just hurt.

“Can you explain to me on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most painful, where are you at right now?” The doctor asked and immediately asked the nurse to prepare for the blood test.

“A 9, I honestly feel as if something is about to explode” Lena answered and the pain was starting to get worse.

“Okay, I’m going to check your temperature, heart beat and Nurse Kim is going to draw some blood for the blood test” As soon as the doctor checked the temperature, the nurse asked Lena to lay down so that she could draw two blood test sample. Lena was nervous and when Kris sensed that he immediately walked over to her left side and massage her left arm.

“Len, I’m here” Kris said and Lena focused on Kris instead of the nurse. She wasn’t afraid of the blood test but still the pain was something that she hate the most.

“We will ask you to go for urine test as well, so if you feel the need for the toilet, can you grab the bottle here and give to us?” The nurse explained as she put the bottle next to her bed.

“It’s going to be okay Len, don’t worry” Kris said and smiled towards her. His phone started buzzing and he immediately rejected the call. “I’m going to go take this call outside, okay? Get some rest, I’ll come back in 10” Kris said and pulled up the blanket for Lena.

 


 

“Yi Fan?” Mrs. Wu immediately said as soon as she picked up the call. “What are you doing at the hospital? Is everything alright? The chief just called your father” She explained and Kris predicted that the nurse and doctor would have called their higher ups to tell that he was in the hospital.

“I’m okay, it’s Lena. She’s in pain and we don’t what it is yet. She’s in the emergency ward at the moment” Kris explained to his mother.

“Oh no, I hope it’s nothing serious. I’ll let your Pa know about this” Mrs. Wu thought.

“I’ll keep updates on her progress and Ma, tell Pa, there’s a few things I need to tell him about this branch. Lena waited for at least 10 minutes at the emergency reception, I’m sure that’s not how it’s suppose to be.” Kris explained, he was very disappointed with the staff as soon as he saw Lena still waiting for someone to register her in. The hospital was one of the business mergers that Mr. Wu took over.

“Well, that doesn’t sound right. I’ll tell your Pa about this and update us about Lena, alright Yi Fan?” They finished the conversation and as soon as Kris turn around, the doctor approached him.

“We need her to take the urine test as well and we’ll be doing the x-ray check in a few minutes” He informed Kris.

“What does it look like? Is she okay?” Kris asked the doctor so that he can know what they are dealing with.