Chapter 24

Found you - like a movie.

Chapter 24

The chance pt. 1

 

Kris was waiting for Lena outside the school compound; it’s been three days since they last met each other. It’s been a day since he contacted her through a call. They decided to get dinner during their last phone call. Lena trying to give the two a chance, she felt better talking about her feelings with her best friend. Maybe it’s true, Lena should give it a chance, give both of them the chance to think this through and stop being, well, closed.

Kris saw Lena walking out of the school compound, bowing to her colleagues, he immediately went over and grab her two other work bags she was carrying.

“Hey” they both said at the same time. Lena felt a little blush forming but still smiled when she saw Kris blushing as well.

“I’m sorry, the bags are heavy” Lena said to Kris, Kris was already putting the bags in the back seat.

“It’s okay, don’t worry.” Kris immediately closed the doors to the back seat. “Do you always carry all this bags during work?” Kris genuinely asked Lena.

Lena only nodded; “Yeah, we call them our treasure, can’t lose them” The two laughed a little and settled in their car seats.

“Did you get heavy lunch today?” Kris asked Lena, trying to decide on a place to eat.

“I ate in the cafeteria today, it’s a busy week. We’re having their assessment this week” Lena explained, “I am fine with anywhere, as long as there’s food, anywhere.” Lena tried to make it easier for Kris to pick out a place.

“How does fast food sound?” Kris asked, thinking that maybe Lena wanted an easy and fast food option.

“Sounds great, I’m up for a burger at the moment” Lena smiled and agreed. At times like this, Kris feels blessed, Lena wasn’t picky at all and it makes him much more comfortable.

“Alright, Burger King then?” Lena nodded to the suggestion happily, what Kris didn’t know was; Lena was craving for some whopper for a few days now but never really realizing until Kris mentions fast food. Lena is feeling the need to get all those carbs in for the busy week she’s having as a teacher.

“How’s your parents doing, Yi Fan?” Lena asked, out of the blue, she felt the need to ask the question.

Kris smiled, “They are okay, and they keep on asking about you, us, but don’t be too bothered, okay? I’ll talk to them about giving us a little more time” He glanced to see how Lena was reacting to it and sees that she was calm and still collected.

“Just a little more time” Lena repeated the sentence and nodded to the statements. She was slowly feeling accepting of the situation, finally accepting that having Kris in her life was not as bad as she thought it would be.

“We’ll get through this, we’ll be okay, I am not going anywhere” Kris slowly took hold of Lena’s hand and that reassured Lena, that he was not going anywhere, he’s not going to leave her.

 

 

 

 

It was finally the end of assessment week; Lena was finally free from all papers, marks, calculations, and data entering and Lena can finally take a real breath of relief. She promised to see Kris after all her works is done, he wanted to take her out to a movie. Lena arrived at home and took an immediate shower as she was going to see Kris in a few hours. It’s been four days since they last saw each other.

Kris mainly called Lena on the phone to ask how she was doing and did little reminders on not to forget to eat, catch a breath and just have little snack breaks. Lena was thankful. She really was, and felt that she made the right decision. Standing in front of her closet, she was trying to decide on an outfit to wear. She took out her skinny jeans and her grey quarter sleeve shirt. While doing her hair, she felt pain in her lower abdomen, thinking that maybe she was going to get her period, she immediately ignore it. Lena received a call from Kris and he told her that he is on his way to pick her up at her apartment.

Lena went to her kitchen and grabbed a glass of water to calm down her nerves and maybe relief the pain that she was still having. She heard the doorbell rang and went to open the door for Kris.

“Hey” they casually said to each other and Kris was greeted with a smile from Lena. It melt him a little, making him more and more thankful. They are still in their awkward phase where they didn’t know whether to hug, cheek kiss and they always end up waving each other even when they are only a few feet away.

“How are you feeling?” Kris asked Lena, “Work settled in yet?” He asked concerned, and was now walking in the apartment and settled in the sofa.

“Yeah, finally. I entered the data today and submit all marks to my head” Lena now walked to her room, to grab a little scarves since she was feeling cold.

“That sounds good” Kris said and looked at Lena again. “Are you feeling cold?” He asked when he saw the scarves Lena was holding onto.

“A little bit, my stomach hurting and I don’t exactly know why” Lena explained as her pain wasn’t showing any signs of going away.

Kris immediately shifted his position to look at Lena, “Do you want to stay at home?” He asked worried.

“No, no, we made plans. You wanted to watch the movie right? You’ve been waiting to watch it” Lena shook her head and smiled at Kris. “Don’t worry Yi Fan, if I’m feeling more pain, I will let you know”

Kris was now really concerned, “Are you sure? I really don’t mind, we can catch the movie next time. Did you eat today?” He asked, maybe Lena was having gastric and if she was, he needed to get her some really easy to digest food and let her rest a little.

“I did, but I ate a little bit of sandwich, maybe that’s why. We’ll grab heavy dinner after the movie, don’t worry” Lena tried to convince Kris, she knew he really wanted to see the movie.

“I think maybe we should stop by the clinic” Kris said and pull Lena into sitting next to him.

“Yi Fan, let’s watch the movie and if I’m still not feeling better after dinner, I’ll go to the clinic first thing in the morning, okay?” Lena smiled and now pull Kris up from the sofa.

“Okay, promise?” He asked still concerned and Lena nodded.

 

 

 

It's been a year and I still don't have the courage to finish the story.

My own real life closure was sad and nothing I wanted so I had difficulty writing everything out.