[8]

My soul mate, my destiny.

 

Jini woke up in a familiar room, it is Eli’s. She got up and found him at the kitchen. “Hey,” she said softly , calling his attention. Eli turned his head and smiled. “Good timing, porridge is ready.” He said, pouring it on a bowl.

“I can do it myself.” She said in an irritated tone and took the spoon from Eli then scooped a spoonful of porridge to . Eli shook his, smiling. “So stubborn.” Jini rolled her eyes and continued eating.  Eli just watched her as she finish her porridge. “Anyway, what happened last night?” he asked, Jini looked up and stared blankly at him, after a while, she sighed. “I saw him—“ she paused, “I think.” Eli’s eyes narrowed in confusion, “Him? Who?”

She hesitated for a while but she shrugged it off. “Soohyun, I think I saw him.” She said, looking down on the empty bowl. After a brief silence, Eli laughed, she got confused ‘cause she didn’t expect this reaction from him. “You were drunk.” He said. Jini frowned, “No, I wasn’t.”

“Yes, you were.” He insisted and his face turned serious. Jinni crossed her arms over her chest and they stared furiously at each other. Jini was the first one to break the stare. “Fine, I’m going home.” She said coldly and started walking towards the door.

Eli ran after her, “Why are you mad all of a sudden?” he asked and blocked the door. Jini glared at him. “Get out of the way, I’m tired, I want to go home.” She said in a low voice.

“I’ll take drive you home.” He answered, still blocking the way.

“No, I can go home myself.”

Eli shook his head, “Jini, c’mon. What’s wrong? Fine, you saw him. So what, right? Why does it have to be such a big deal to you?” Eli said, almost sounding desperate just so Jini wouldn’t leave. She let out a frustrated sigh. “Eli, I’m not in the mood to talk. Get out of the way or I’ll break up with you.” She said flatly.

Eli looked at Jini, the pain is showing in his eyes. He moved aside and Jini turned the knob and dashed out without saying a word. Eli was left there; he punched the concrete wall and blood dripped on the floor.