[2]

My soul mate, my destiny.

 

“You don’t know how happy I am right now, Mr. Shin Soohyun.” Jini said softly. “Trust me, I know.” He answered, still wearing a smile, “I’ll see you tomorrow, Mrs. Shin.” Jini can’t help but blush and smile at Soohyun’s last word, ‘Mrs. Shin’. The word repeated on her mind, “Drive safely.” She said.

Soohyun smiled and walked to his car while Jini waved as the black car drove off. She walked to the door, still grinning at the thought that she’ll be Mrs. Shin soon. She shook her head and opened the door.

On his way home, Soohyun suddenly felt a stabbing pain on his head, too painful that he had to stop the car, he managed to pull over. “Aaaaahhh!” he screamed, holding his head, the pain is too hard to bear. “Aaaahhhh!”  He yelled, gripping the steering wheel tighter. His head started hurting two months ago, but he ignored it, thinking that it’s just fatigue from work. ‘I-I- don’t under-stand. It never hurt like this  before.’ He thought.  After almost 30 minutes of struggling through the pain, he managed to drive home; luckily, he’s close to his house when the painful headache attacked.

Two days later,

“Hey, Eli,” Jini called, leaning on his table wearing a huge smile on her face. The guy looked up and grinned back at his friend. “Hey, Jini, What’s up?” he asked delightfully. Jini’s smile widened, reaching her eyes, she raised her right hand and Eli’s mouth hang open and his rounded eyes widened in surprise. “Wow! Congratulations!” He said then stood up to hug her. Jini giggled, “Thanks.” She said then released herself from the hug.

“So, when did he propose?” Eli asked, they were at the cafeteria for lunch. Jini frowned in confusion, “Wait, you didn’t know? He didn’t tell you?” he just shrugged, “He didn’t. that’s why I’m obviously shocked.” He said then finished drinking the iced tea. “But I’m happy for you.” He added then half-smiled and Jini smiled back at him then stared at her coffee.

“Hey, you know what to do, right? I’m going to be the best bestman.” Eli broke the silence then laughed. She glanced at him and said, “Of course, there’s no need to argue with that.” And they laughed together.

The three of them have been best friends since high school, they went to the same college and now Eli and Jini work on the same company while Soohyun works for his family’s business. They’ve gotten through a lot of hardships together and depended on each other for years.

“And when are you getting married?” Jini suddenly asked, Eli almost choked when he heard the question. After a while, he just stared at her cynically, Jini waited, crossing her arms and leaned on her seat. “What? You’re not getting any younger, Eli.” She said but Eli just answered her with a shrug then said, “Nah, I’m still a hot bachelor. Don’t ya worry.” Then raised a brow, “And besides, “He added then smirked, “I haven’t found her yet, you know. It’ll come.” He said. “Fine, fine. Whatever.” She answered and they chuckled together. After lunch, they went back to work and met Soohyun later that day.

They started organizing for the wedding, then plan of the wedding day was supposed to be 5 months from now, but after a week, Soohyun changed his mind and rescheduled it to 1 month. He convinced Jini and she agreed with him.