[7]

My soul mate, my destiny.

 

A week later.

“You look handsome today, did you cut your hair or something?” Jini asked, playing with Eli’s hair. He laughed and turned to his side to face her. “No, I didn’t,” he paused then his thick eye brows met. “Wait, what do you want, Jini?” he asked and chuckled.

Jini’s eyes widened, “Huh? Nothing.” She replied and grinned at him. He pinched her nose and smiled, “C’mon, what is it?” Jini pouted, “Fine, Uhm. Jae hyun asked me to go out with them. You know, girls’ night out.”She said.

“Oh, cool. Sure, you can go with them.” He answered.

“Really?” Jini asked with a bright expression and Eli nodded. “Yes, but…” his voice trailed off and pointed at his right cheek. Jini giggled and kissed his cheek. Eli gave her a satisfied smile, “Alright, but don’t drink too much, okay? Call me so I can drive you home.”

“Yes, sir!” she answered, saluting and they both laugh. “But, seriously, you look cute today.” She added and started playing with his hair again.

“Having fun?” Jae Hyun asked Jini. They were at a bar for their girls’ night out. She smiled and raised her half-full glass of margarita. “Great!” she said and took a sip. Jae hyun smiled back at her, “Good thing Eli let you come with us.”

Jini was about to answer when her eyes spotted a familiar figure, her heart skipped a beat and followed her gaze on the guy who’s walking across the dance floor. Her chest started to beat faster. “Could it be—“

“Jini? Hey, are you alright?” Jae hyun asked, interrupting her thoughts. She shook her head and glanced at her friend, “Er, yes. I think.” She said then laughed awkwardly. “I think I need some air.” She said then stood up, she didn’t let Jae hyun answer and left.

She was breathing heavily when she entered the comfort room. She Jini placed her hand over her chest that is stomping harder. “Snap out of it, Jini!” she ordered to herself. “It’s impossible, it couldn’t be—“ she paused “Soohyun.” She said to herself in a trembling voice. She looked at her reflection on the mirror, “But, what if it is really him?” what will I do? Say?” she asked herself, and her tears started to swell up on the sides of her eyes.

She didn’t know what else to do, so she started dialing Eli’s number. After the first ring, he answered. “Isn’t it too early to go home?” he said casually. “I think, I think I’m getting dizzy. I’m seeing things.” She replied, leaning her head on the wall.

“Alright, I’ll pick you up. Don’t go anywhere, okay? Wait for me.” Eli answered. “Okay.” She said in a pale tone then hanged up. She started to walk towards their table when she saw ‘him’ again.

She quickly ran to his direction, “Soo!” She yelled as loud as she could. But the guy didn’t seem to hear her because the music is playing loudly and kept walking towards the exit. She followed him but when she reached the street, the guy was gone. She kept looking around, she wants to see him. “Why—I just want to know why.” She thought.

Jini started tearing up. She was cold and restless, she left her coat inside the bar and she’s feeling a little dizzy. But the effect of the weather and alcohol is not her priority at the moment. She’s feeling frustrated and angry thinking that she saw Soohyun and followed him. Maybe it’s just her imagination and she was so stupid to believe that he was real.

She was about to turn to a corner when she heard a honk, she halted and turned to face the car. It stopped in front of her and the driver came out, it was Eli. He ran to her and grabbed her arm “Paboya! I told you not to go anywhere.” She said shaking her shoulders. Jini just looked at him and cried.

He held her cheeks and wiped her tears. “What happened?” he asked, looking at her with worried eyes. Jini didn’t answer. Her body started shaking from cold. He removed his coat and put it on her and guided Jini to the car. “I’m taking you home,” he said and started driving. After a while, Jini fell asleep.