[12]

My soul mate, my destiny.

 

Soohyun opened his eyes, he was awaken by the rays of sun passing through his bedroom window. He smiled as he remembered what happened last night, he turned to his side and Soo was surprised that Jini wasn’t there. He immediately put on some clothes and ran to the door.

He sighed in relief when he saw Jini cooking at the kitchen. He grinned and walked to her. “God morning, my princess.” He whispered to her ear and wrapped his arms around her waist. Jini chuckled without looking at him then she tossed the bacon and faced Soohyun. “Good morning, my prince.” She said and gave him a peck on the tip of his nose. Soo laughed sweetly and they ate together.

“I still have your engagement ring,” Jini said while eating and she smiled at him. He smiled back, “You still want to marry me?” he said with a hint of joke in his voice. Jini’s tin brows met,  “Of course, I do.” Then she stopped and her eyes widened. “Wait, why? Don’t you want to?” she asked in an anxious tone.

Soohyun laughed, he was expecting this reaction from her. “Nothing, let’s get married now if you want to.” He said with a large grin on his face. Jini pouted at him. “Well, that would be nice but I’m too lazy to do anything today, except for one thing.” She said and then moved closer to him.

“Right now, I just want you.” She said, smirking. Soohyun chuckled and they started kissing again.

 

 

After a week.

Jini started transferring her things at Soohyun’s condominium. In two weeks time, they will be living together as newlyweds.

After organizing her stuffs, they’ve decided to eat out. Soohyun was ordering ice cream at a shop when he accidentally dropped a coin, he bent down to get it then all of a sudden his sight went pitch black, followed by a familiar pain in his head.

He screamed, his knees went weak and he fell on the ground. Jini was shocked and her eyes widened in fear, “Oh, my God. Soo, what’s wrong?” she asked and tried to carry him up but he’s too heavy. She panicked and called an ambulance.

“What happened?” Eli asked Jini when he reached her. She was sitting and she looked up and faced him with teary eyes. “I don’t know, it happened too fast.” She said, then shook her head. Jini stood up and walked towards the emergency room door. Eli followed her and patted her back. “He’ll be okay, he got through this last time he will make it this time for sure.” Jini glanced at his direction and smiled weakly. “C’mon, hyung. You can do this, be strong. Live for her.” Eli thought.

After almost two hours, a doctor came out, he’s holding a folder. They stood up in unison and paced towards him, “How is he, doc?” Eli asked. The doctor removed his eye glasses and looked at them with a serious expression. “Please follow me.” He said and they followed him to his office.

“This is his MRI and CT Scan six months ago, as you can see the tumor is smaller. And we thought that his recovery will be continuous.” The doctor paused and pointed at another film. “And this is his MRI and CT Scan today, the tumor recurred and has spread to other parts of his brain and it’s starting to affect his vision.” He continued.

“What does it mean, doc? Jini asked as calmly as she could. “We can still do something about it, right?” Eli asked. The doctor glanced at them. “He can still undergo an operation, but there is little chance of him surviving, it is too risky this time.” He replied. “It’s your choice.” Jini couldn’t speak, so Eli stood up. “Thank you, doc. But I think we should just spend more time with him,” the doctor nodded, “You should, there isn’t much time.” After prescribing them with pain killers and other medication, they thank the doctor and went to Soohyun’s room.