[1]

My soul mate, my destiny.

 

“Where are we going?” Jini asked, “We’re getting close,” Soohyun answered, covering her eyes with both hands and guiding her as they walk. They stopped and Jini can smell the scent of tulips, her favorite flower, making her smile. Soohyun removed his hand and she opened her eyes, Jini gasped on the sight in front of her, a picnic basket, candles and her Soohyun holding the flowers.

 Because of too much happiness, she hugged him. The guy just laughed a soft laugh, “Happy ordinary day, my princess.” He whispered. Jini hugged him tighter, “Oh, Soo.”She exclaimed, “Why do you always have to surprise me like this?” She said after releasing her from the hug. He chuckled again, “All the best for my princess.” He said, holding her hand. “C’mon, let’s eat. I’ve prepared sandwiches and chocolate-dipped strawberries.” He added. Then Jini smiled and said, “My favorite,” Soo glanced at her and smiled, “Your favorite.” he said then pulled her to the picnic mat.

“So, how are your piano lessons?” He asked after giving Jini a strawberry, she glanced at him then looked down. “Not doing good,” she said in a low voice. Soohyun held her chin and smiled at her. “Hey, it’s okay, you just have to keep practicing.” He said and Jini half-smiled, “I am, I’m really working hard to learn.” She said still looking down at the checkered picnic mat.

“I want to learn, Soo. So I can play for you.” She said and stared at Soohyun. “You’ve been giving me too much, and I want to give something in return for my prince.” Jini said. Soo moved closer and brushed her short hair, staring into her eyes.

“You know you don’t have to, Jini. Being with you is enough.” He said and started playing with her hair. Jini pouted, “But I want to, Soo. I really want to.” He said and kissed her forehead. “Okay, then. You’re too stubborn for someone who’s already 27, you know?” and he laughed softly, Jini just smirked at him and held his hand then leaned on his shoulder.

Both of them were silent, just savoring the moment together, listening to their hearts beating along with the sound of the crickets dancing under the light of the moon and stars. Jini closed her eyes, intently listening to Soohyun’s even breathing. Then he spoke, “Before I forget, can you tell me something?” she shifted so she can look at him.

“What is it?” she asked. Soohyun inhaled and let out a short sigh, “Tell me you’ll marry me, Cho Jini.” He said and took a ring from his pocket. Jini placed her left hand over to push back the tears, she can’t speak, she’s too overwhelmed by what’s happening she managed to nod and a tear rolled down her cheek.

Soohyun shed a tear from his eye too and smiled at her; he took her hand and slid the ring on her fourth finger then wiped her tears. Jini smiled and looked at her finger, the ring sparkled when the moonlight reached it. “It’s beautiful, Soo.” Said Jini, she never felt so happy in her life.

“So did you enjoy our ‘ordinary day’?” he asked as they stopped by the door step. She glanced at him and cocked her head. “Well, I didn’t expect our ordinary day to be like this.” She said then chuckled, “But I had fun.” She added then Soohyun chuckled back at her and smiled at Jini’s finger with the engagement ring.