[4]

My soul mate, my destiny.

 

“Eli,”

Jini called for the seventh time, Eli ran to the bridal car he bent down to see Jini’s anxious and restless expression. “I kept calling him, but he’s not answering.” He said, Jini put her both hands on her face and tears started swelling up on the sides of her eyes.

“Hey, don’t ruin your make-up. I’ll call him again, okay?” Eli said and started dialing on his cellphone again. “Don’t worry, Jini. He’ll come, maybe he’s just stuck at traffic.” He added. Jini sighed to push back the tears and nodded. ‘Where are you, Soo? Please don’t…’ she thought.

After 3 hours, there’s still no sign of Soohyun. Eli can’t contact him anymore , and visitors started to leave. Jini who was staring blankly on the floor, make-up totally ruined, and eyes swollen from crying was approached by her mom. “Sweetie, I’m sorry.” She said, feeling sorry and worried for her daughter. Jini didn’t answer; she just stared at her, with lifeless eyes. Mrs. Cho started crying, she couldn’t bear to see her hurt like that. She hugged her, “Let’s go home, Jini.” She said.

Jini released herself from the hug and shook her head, “No, mom. I’ll wait for him. Soohyun, he will come, he promised. He won’t leave me, no.”  Mrs. Cho cried harder and walked away. Then Eli came to Jini. “Hey,” He said. Jini glanced at him with the same blank expression Eli she gave her mother earlier. He forced a smile.

“He must have a good excuse for doing this, that jerk.”  He said, but Jini didn’t answer. Eli looked at her for a minute, staring at her with sympathy and then broke the silence. “Jini-“

“Why?” Jini cut him off. “He- He said,” She hiccupped, “He said he loves me, then why did he leave me? Why, Eli?” she said, dropping her shoulders and started crying again. Eli hugged her tightly, “I’m here for you,” He said, making Jini cry even harder. “I’m here for you, I won’t leave you.” He repeated.