[13]

My soul mate, my destiny.

 

Soohyun woke up and saw a vague figure of Jini on the chair, holding his hand. He guessed she was sleeping. He tried his best to squeeze her hand tighter. Jini was awaken by it and he thought he saw her smiling at him. “Hey,” she said softly.

“Jini?” he started, “Why—why can’t I see you clearly?” He asked anxiously. Jini couldn’t help but cry, she can’t bear to see him like that but she calmed herself down and wiped her tears. “It’s because of your fall the other day, Soo. Don’t worry. You’ll be fine in no time.” She said, holding his cheek and forced a smile.

“I’m going to die, am I?”he said in a low voice, Jini hugged him, “No! Don’t say that. You won’t die, Soo. You can’t, we’ll still get married, have children and we’ll grow old together. You just—you just can’t leave me again.” She said, and she started crying again. Soohyun hugged her tighter and they both cried.

After two days, Soohyun was discharged from the hospital in his request. And after a week, he finally lost his vision.

“Sit here,” Jini said to Soohyun while guiding him. He took a seat and his hands wandered, he traced his fingers on what is in front of him. A sound played from it and he looked up, “A piano?” He asked in curiosity. Jini smiled, “Yes,” she answered and sat beside him.

She held his hand and said, “Remember, two years ago? I started studying how to play the piano. Well, I didn’t stop and it’s only now that I got the chance to play for you.” She started to play while Soohyun intently listened to the song.

“Beautiful..” He said weakly when the song was finished. Jini who was silently crying faked a laugh, “Of course, I made it for you, my prince.” She said. Soo leaned on her shoulder, “Shall I play it again, Soo?” she asked. He closed his eyes and smiled, “Yes, please?” He whispered. She nodded and started to play the song again.

He listened, trying to put every note into his remaining memory. “I love you…. Jini.” He said slowly and the song ended at the same time as his last breath. Jini’s tears kept falling and she kissed his forehead, “I’ll never love anyone else like I love you, my prince. I love you, Soohyun.”