[11]

My soul mate, my destiny.

 

After that night, Eli and Soohyun searched for Jini. They kept looking for places she might go to, but she’s nowhere to be found. After two weeks of searching, they gave up and just waited for her to come back—if she’ll ever come back.

“I’m sorry, hyung.” Eli said to Soohyun and drank the soju on his glass. They were at his house, drinking. Soo gave him a pat on the back, “That’s okay, I know how much you love her.” He said, and poured the alcohol on Eli’s glass. “Because of my selfishness, she’s gone. We both lost her.” He said in pure disappointment. “But you know hyung? If she’ll come back, she’s going to return to you.” He added, staring on his glass.

Soohyun smiled and said, “No, I think she won’t forgive me for leaving her.” Eli shook his head in disagreement. “No, Soohyun. From the day you left her, up to now, I know she never hated you. And though it hurts to admit it, she couldn’t learn to love me back because she still loves you.” He said in a serious tone.

He smiled and drank the soju on his glass. “You’re forgiven, bro. but I hope she’ll forgive us too.”

“No, I think I shouldn’t do this.” Jini thought again, debating with herself if she’ll press the door bell or not. She shook her head and started to walk away but she was frozen when she heard the door opened. “Jini?” Soohyun called from the door.

She couldn’t move an inch and her breathing started to go crazy again.

“Jini, when did you—“

She turned to face him, “Uh, I was—Just, uhm. Nothing, I’ll go now.” She stuttered. Soohun stared at her, “It’s—uhm, good to know you’re—uh, back.” He said, feeling the same awkwardness Jini is feeling. She smiled crookedly at him, “Uh, thanks?” She said nervously and unconsciously making it sound like a question. Soo did not answer, instead he just smiled at her and it reached his eyes, and there was silence. They both stared at each other, and it felt like time stopped between them.

It’s been a while since Jini last stared at him. He still looked the same, those small black eyes, tall nose, and pink soft lips. His black hair looks like he got it cut few days ago she noticed traces of stitches just above his forehead. She thought it’s from his operations.

Jini thought that he’s been through a lot just to survive and she felt guilty for eve trying to forget him. She didn’t realize that her tears started rolling down her cheeks. “I’m—I’m sorry.” She said, and wiped her tears and bowed down. Soohyun walked closer to her. He was about to hug her, but she took a step backward.

“I’m sorry, Soo! I’m really sorry. For everything, for hating you, for trying to forget you, I’m sorry.” She said still looking down and sobbing harder. Soohyun didn’t answer, he pulled Jini and kissed her. Jini was shocked at first but she kissed him back and they shared a passionate kiss. “I love you, Soohyun. I still do.” She said after the kiss. Soo smiled, “Nothing has changed, Jini. I’ve always loved you.” He answered and they kissed again.