Chapter 9

Sun, Please Shine Again

Hyomin's POV


I heard the sound of tires on concrete, as well as other cars passing by. We must have been in Seoul. Being in the country was nice while it lasted. There were distant chatters that could be heard from the streets. Cars were honking as well. I didn't take much thought into this though. I just kept my eyes shut and went back to sleep.

Maybe after an hour or so, the car completely stopped moving. There were no sounds any longer. The streets were silent and there were no cars nearby. We must have reached T-ara's dorms.

I was about to get up when I felt Wooyoung shake my arms slightly. "Hyomin-ah, you can get up now. We are back at your dorm." 

I tried to lift myself up, but my body didn't seem to be responding. I tried to open my eyes, but I felt as if they were sewn shut. The only thing I could do was breathe. I couldn't move, not even the slightest centimeter. I had no idea what was happening, but I was starting to get worried.

"Hyomin-ah..." There was a pause. "This isn't good..." I felt his hands touch my eye lids. It felt as if he was opening them. I expected to see him in my vision, but instead I saw pure blackness. 

This was when I truly began to panic. I had no idea what was happening to my body. Why was it suddenly not responding to my movements. Why was the world so dark. I was perfectly fine a few hours ago... What could have possibly happened?

I tried calling out for help, but my lips didn't move. I heard Wooyoung begin to panic. His breathing became heavy and he started to shake. I heard him speak to someone over the phone.

"I need your help... I'm downstairs." He stopped for a moment and took a deep breath. This time, however, when he spoke again, his voice wasn't nearly as strong. His stuttered now. His voice also seemed as if it was about to crack any moment. "Arraso. I'll be waiting."

Within a few minutes, I heard the car door open and close. I could sense this person was a girl. The way they smelled.. it felt similar. It was this warm vanilla perfume. It was not too strong nor too weak. It was a perfect balance. 

"Oppa, she'll be okay. Unnie is a fighter. You know that." The voice... I knew who it was. It couldn't be confused for any other person's voice.

"Jiyeon, do you have the address to the closest hospital here?" Wooyoung ignored her comforting words.

"Dae." I heard her look through her purse. "Here it is." I heard a piece of paper being transferred. "It should take 30 minutes the most to reach there."

"It's safe?"

"Dae, don't worry."

I heard the engine begin to start up. Once we got to the road, I could feel Wooyoung increasing the speed. I was worried he'd get himself hurt. He was driving at a dangerous speed, especially in Seoul.

"Wooyoung..." I tried to say. However, it couldn't be heard. My lips still didn't respond to my commands.

"Wooyoung-sshi, you should be careful. We don't need a ticket, or worse, an accident." It was as if Jiyeon could read my mind. I was extremely proud of her.

However, it seemed as if Wooyoung refused to listen to her. He never went slower, but in fact, he increased his speed. I could feel a force pushing against my body. The sound of the wind was terrifying. I wish I could tell him to slow down.

"WOOYOUNG! If you won't listen to me, think of what Hyomin would say. Do you think driving quickly will save her? In fact it could very possibly kill her.. No all of us. What I'd you get in an accident?" Her voice was raised much higher than usual. I could tell she was scared yet annoyed.

The car slowly began to move slower. I let out a sigh of relief. I know it must be hard on Wooyoung, but I wouldn't want him risking his life for me. Everything Jiyeon said is probably what I would've said. She was taught well.

The car completely stopped. I heard the locks pop open. Doors to the car were being opened. I felt Wooyoung's muscular arms wrap around my body. He picked me up. He was still careful enough to not hit any parts of the body that would have caused discomfort.

He was running in to the hospital. I heard both Jiyeon and Wooyoung breathing heavily. They both sound unsteady. The sound of high heels running around could be heard.

"Someone, please help us. Our friend is in a serious state. Please!" I heard Jiyeon's voice echo in the hospital. She continued running back and forth asking for help.

"Excuse me miss, you're making a disturbance to our hospital." A higher pitched voice was now speaking.

"Ahjumma. You have to help my friend. Please save her." Wooyoung finally spoke. It's been awhile since he said a word. "Please..." He sounded desperate at this point. 

"We cannot just let anyone go into the hospital. We have to keep it in order." She replied back. She seemed as if she could care less.

"Ahjumma. Don't be like this. My friend is very sick. She's been unconscious for a while." Wooyoung remained calm. He hasn't raised his voice to an elder before, but I had a feeling sooner or later we will.

"Look, we can't do anything until it is your turn. You have to wait like everyone else. I'm since-" She was abruptly cut off.

"Ahjumma! Stop acting like this! Isn't it your job to take care of people? If someone is going to die, you treat them! You don't let them wait and slowly die." Jiyeon spoke up. She was practically yelling at the nurse now.

There was silence for a while. "I'll see what I can do. Until then, please just patiently wait." Her footsteps were slowly disappearing. 

Wooyoung let out a huge sigh. I wish it was possible for me to tell him everything would be okay. Just to reassure him. That's all I wanted. But it seems as if at this moment, only Jiyeon was capable of doing that.

After a couple of minutes, I heard the nurse coming towards us. "Sir, the patient will be placed in Room 345." I felt my body being placed onto a gurney. "We suggest you to go back home for the night. Visiting hours are going to end within 10 minutes." 

"Aniyo. Ahjumma, can't you let me stay just this night?" His voice was much weaker than ever. I could sense he couldn't be parted from me. To be honest, a piece inside of me ached when we had to part ways. 

"Sir, we cannot just give you any special sort of treatment. Like other visitors, you need a pass, which has certain requirements." She seemed as if she would never budge. This job must have meant a lot to her. 

"Ahjumma, please. Just let the rules slide for one night. Wouldn't you want someone to let you stay overnight with someone you loved dearly?" His voice cracked. "Just in case in the morning they may be gone. Wouldn't you want to be there with them?" 

No sounds could be heard. The room was dead silent. A pin drop could be heard feets away. 

"Ahjumma, please let my friend stay tonight. If your boss tries to fire you, tell him to contact T-ara. I'll explain it to him. Please do this for my friend." At moment like these, Jiyeon was truly a mature young adult. She handled the incident quite well.

"Arraso. Only for this night will I allow this to happen. Please do not bother me with this nonsense later on." I heard her walk away. In a short period of time, the footsteps could be heard again. "Here's your pass. Do not lose it."

"Kamsahamnida." Wooyoung said in a low voice.

"Yah! Why didn't you bring the patient to the room yet?" The ahjumma must have been yelling at workers. 

I felt the gurney begin to move. I felt a man's hand hold onto my hands. "Hyomin-ah, everything will be fine." 

I heard a door close behind me. Footsteps could be heard coming towards me. I felt someone touch my hands again. I felt a pair of lips push against my fingers. Water slid down my hand and dropped.

"Hyomin-ah, you must continue fighting. Don't quit, don't stop here." A huge breath was taken. "I don't know what to do any longer. You were the one who made the world feel like it was on my side. I felt like the sun was always shining, even on the darkest days. Being around you made it feel like nothing could go wrong. I can't afford to lose you. Please, fight to live Hyomin. I need you." Wooyoung's voice slowly trailed off.

His voice had an effect on me. I haven't realized what was happening until now. I'm basically fighting for my right to live. Thinking that I might actually die, it slowly pained me inside. I starated thinking back on how I pictured my life to be. Was this going to be the end for me?

My soul felt like it was shattered. Everything I worked for slowly was fading away. My memories, they were being burned one by one. I saw each T-ara member flash through my mind. Jiyeon... Eunjung... Soyeon... Boram... Qri... Hwayoung... Each one smiled and walked away from me. I screamed after them, but I couldn't be heard. 

I fell to the ground. Tears are slowly falling one by one. I felt something brush past my shoulders. Wooyoung. He didn't stop once. He just kept moving forward into the light. I called after him. He paused for a minute. He slowly looked back and stared into my eyes. For the slightest moment, I felt as if he noticed me. I was wrong. He looked at me as if I wasn't even there. He turned around and started walking away again. 

"Nurse! Nurse! Someone help me please!" I heard Wooyoung's voice. 

I had a rush of feet running into my room. There were many voices. Each pitch was different and each tone was different. They all were discussing something I couldn't understand.

"Excuse me sir. Can I speak to you outside for a moment?" A woman's voice stood out above the crowd. I heard her heels hit against the floor. Following them was the sound of Wooyoung's footsteps. The door was closed behind them.

There still was a buzz of doctors inside my room. They were all speaking at once still. I listened to the conversation more carefully this time.

"Sir, that's far too dangerous. It could lead to them falling into a panic attack."

"That's a risk that must be taken. We cannot simply let the patient sleep into their death. We must find a way to keep them alive." 

"But a risk could lead to death."

"Being a doctor we chose to make these decisions. Do you take our vows as a joke?" 

I stopped listening to their conversation. I felt that knowing less would be better. I would panic less not knowing what was happening to me. I decided to think back to moments where Wooyoung and I were on the beach again.

The crystal clear water. Watching the waves crash one by one against the shoreline. The sounds of seagulls in the air. It calmed me inside. I thought back to the moment we walked along the beach hand in hand. 

Suddenly, a voice disrupted my thoughts.

"COMA?"

--

A/N: It seems as if I cannot change my font if I paste the story directly into the text box... It's starting to bother me -.- ... So, I feel as if this may trail on for a while... I will try to not drag this problem on for too long, but not to end it too quickly as well. If you feel it is draggy, please tell me!

 

Anyways, I would like your opinion. In the comment section below, please place whether or not you'd like the next chapter to be focused on Hyomin again or to move to a different character. Thank you!

 

AND NOW, Happy Birthday Kikwang!