Chapter 4

Sun, Please Shine Again

Jiyeon POV


"Jiyeon... is he telling the truth?"

I felt all their eyes gazing on me. Everyone was waiting for me to give them an answer they wanted to hear. The temperature in the room felt as if it was rising. My eyes darted back and forth watching them stare. It felt more as if they were looking inside my soul, rather than just looking at me.

All the tension was built. The weight on my shoulder were passed how much I could withstand. Right then and there, I felt as if I was about to collapse. I needed a place to run away from reality. A place where all my troubles could just disappear. I didn't care if it was only for a minute. I just needed a place where my mind could have been at ease.

I looked at everyone one more time. My lips slowly parted from each. I took in a deep breath.

"Mianhae..." I sprinted pass everyone. I pushed the crowd away and ran out the building.

I continued running. I searched back and forth for somewhere I could be alone. Somewhere where I was able to hide myself. My head spun back and forth. People walked quickly around me. I saw a little park across the street.

I crossed the street and walked into the park. Little kids ran around happily and freely. I envied them. How I wished I could have been kept away from all of the hardships life has. I wished for the moments where everything in life fell perfectly in place.

I sat down on a bench and stared down at the concrete. "Baboya. Why are you such a coward? Do you never think?" I hit my head multiple times.

When I was going to hit my head again, I felt someone grab my wrist tightly.

"Please let go of me." I said. Their grip still wasn't released from my wrist. "Ahjusshi! Please let go of me!" I yelled. I looked up from the ground to see Joon standing in front of me. He stood there peering down at me.

"Don't hurt yourself. It not worth it." He released his grip from my fist and sat next to me.

I slowly lend my head onto his shoulder. "Oppa... what have I done?  Why do I always create such a big mess that I cannot clean it up?" A tear slid down to my chin. "Oppa... I really need your help. Please save me. I beg you."

He turned and faced me. He held my shoulders and stared at me in the eyes. "Jiyeon, you will be fine. I promise I will always be there to save you." His eyes started to become moist. He pulled me into a hug.

"Oppa... never leave me unless I say it is okay." I laid my head on his shoulders. The tears I've tried to hold back slowly fell down.

"Jiyeon, don't cry. I'm right here. I'm still with you. Don't cry." He whispered in my ear as he comforted me.

he sat there the whole time comforting me. He never once stopped or complained. He just sat there. Next to me the whole time.


Junhyung POV

"Mianhae..." Jiyeon and and darted out of the restaurant.

My eyes watched her as she ran outside of the restaurant. I felt a rush of wind blow past as Joon ran after her. I watched him run out the restaurant closely following behind Jiyeon. I looked over to everyone and they nodded to be.

I took in a deep breath and ran outside. I searched around for signs where Jiyeon may have been. I tried to see if I could find Joon. They were all long gone now though. I continued running check left and right. I saw no signs of where they could've been.

"Jiyeon... wae? Why are you running away?" I placed my hands on my thighs and panted. "Where are you Jiyeon?"

I took in another deep breath and ran again. I saw a park nearing towards me. A park! Jiyeon always loved parks. I stood at the crosswalk waiting for the light to change. Cars drove quickly on the road, none ever stopping. The light still was red. I impatiently tapped my foot on the concrete.

I couldn't take it anymore. I sprinted across the street. Cars honked at me. Each driver hit the brakes when I ran in front of them. Everyone was yelling at me, shaking their fists.

"YAH! GET OUT OF THE ROAD! ARE YOU CRAZY?"

I bowed to them apologetically. I turned around and ran to the park. At the entrance, there I saw Jiyeon. She sat on the bench staring down at the floor hitting herself. I was about to walk in. Suddenly, Joon grabbed her wrist. The next I thing I knew, he sat down next to her. She laid her head into his shoulder and began to silently cry.

The pain shot through my body. "Jiyeon... don't cry. Don't you know when you cry, I will cry?" I whispered. I stood there watching her. I couldn't take it anymore.

I began walking towards Jiyeon and Joon. Jiyeon never noticed I was coming. When I was about to be in front of them, Joon looked up.

"Oh! Hyung... you are here." Joon smiled at me.

Jiyeon turned her head around. She now was looking directly in my eyes. Her eyes were still watery. My eyes became moist again.

I dropped to my knees.

"Oppa..." Her voice cracked.

I stared straight into her eyes. Tears slowly rolled down her cheeks one by one. I saw the confusion, pain, and hurt through her eyes.

"Park Jiyeon." I looked down to the concrete. A drop of water hit the ground. Closely following behind, a second hit the ground. I took a deep breath in and stared right into her eyes.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks. I didn't bother to wipe them away. She looked at me with her puffy red eyes. Joon, standing in the back started walking forward. He grabbed my arm.

"Hyung. Don't do this... don't throw away your pride." He struggled to pull me up from the floor.

He kept pulling on my arm. I looked over to him and snapped my arm back to myself. I slowly got off the floor and looked straight into his eyes.

"I'm not throwing away my pride. I'm just simply taking back what was originally mine." I boldly stated.

"Mwoh? What was originally yours?" He took a small pause then glared at me. "Hyung... I suggest you leave now." His voice became more rough.

I stared at him, then I stared at Jiyeon. She sat there scared. Her eyes darted back and forth. Tears still flew from her eyes, but slowly, they were disappearing. Suddenly, she got up from the bench. She took a deep breath and spoke.

"Junhyung." Her voice was so sweet. So soft.
 
 
"Please... leave."


A that moment, I felt my heart drop and shatter into million of pieces. My legs felt weak. My mind started spinning around. I didn't want to believe what my ears heard. I tried to change her words. I tried run away from reality. But in the end, reality defeated me.

I slowly stepped back. Joon was still glaring into my eyes. Jiyeon stared down at the ground again. I turned around and left.

"Wae Jiyeon? Do you really want it to be like this?" I whispered to myself.

I headed back into the restaurant. Inside the restaurant, I knew there would be people who still cares for me. People who love me. I smiled to the thought of knowing I wasn't alone. Having brothers, I guess that's all I need, am I right?

My frown faded away when I walked into the restaurant. The rest of the members were sitting at the table eating. I slowly approached them. The first to notice me was Yoseob.

"Hyung! You're finally back. You have to try this." He pulled ms down to the seat next to him. He took his chopsticks and started to feed me.

"Ah... Yoseob-ah... not so fast." He kept shoving for food I one after another. There was no time for me to swallow before mother chopstick full of food arrived.

"It's really good, right?" He asked me with shining eyes.

"D-Dae." That was the only word I could manage to say while there was still food in my mouth.

Yoseob let out a smile. "Hyung! Let's got somewhere after this. I really want to go to an amusement park." He shaking my arm, giving me some if his ageyo.

"Aish... dae. We can go to the amusement park, but you have to pay." I let out a snicker.

"Hyung! That's not fair." He complained.

"Oh, so you don't want to go?"

"Fine." He let out a sigh in defeat.

I placed an arm around Yoseob. "This is all I need to be happy." I thought in my head. "People like this will never let me down." I smiled at that thought. Perhaps playing it safely is the best way to go. No pain. No heartbreaks.

Just pure...

Bliss.


Jiyeon POV

"Gwenchanayo?"

I felt him place his arm around my shoulders. He slowly pulled me closer to his chest. I leaned my head onto him. He placed a small peck on the top of my head and rubbed my arm.

"Joon. Why does it feel like I just murdered someone?" I asked him quietly. The pain still hit me like a ton of bricks.

"It will slowly fade away after a while. Don't worry." We began to walk out of the park. "Shall we go eat somewhere else?" He asked me.

"Aniyo. I've lost my appetite." I slightly smiled.

“Arraso... what should we do now?” He stared at me curiously. 

“Molla...” I said in a monotoned voice.

I wondered what was wrong with me. Why did I feel so bad? Why did I feel like this? Could it be only temporally, or would it last even longer?

Shouldn’t I feel happy?

Relieved?

But why, why do I feel like this?
 
 
---
 
A/N: Hello readers! I really sorry for such a slow update! This was one of the hardest chapters for me... I didn't know what to do. I'm sorry the story may seem like it's moving to quickly right now. Also, I hope it was not boring. I re-read the chapter, and I will understand if you find it boring >___< ; I thought Junhyung's part was a little bit redundant, did you?
 
So, thank you everyone for following this story and giving it love! I hope you enjoy the chapter. As I always say, I will try to update faster, and I want to keep my word. But, I have a very important test coming up soon (the last week of October) so please understand I need to juggle studying in with writing, homework, and school. So please forgive me!
 
Well, please enjoy this chapter! I really appreciate feedback and comments :)