Chapter 12

Sun, Please Shine Again

Junhyung’s POV


It has been six months. Six months of which I avoided her. No one really suspected much about me. That is, except for me. I knew what I was secretly doing to myself; however I knew I never wanted to admit it. Sometimes, the truth is too hard to face.

“Hyung, let’s get going. We’re going to be late.” My thoughts shattered. I was now back in reality.

“Uhm.. I’ll be right there.” I picked my bag off the floor and slung it over my shoulders. I walked out of our dorm. Today was the last day we will be seeing our old rooms. I reminisced over the past in this dorm. I remember clearly the night all the B2ST members were in the house watching a horror movie. Boy, was that night something.


The night was darker than usual that day. The shimmering stars seemed to have burnt out. The moon was the only source of light in the pitch black sky. However, hovering in front were clouds. These clouds were dark gray. It casted a shadow inside of our living room. There was light rain.

As the rain pattered against our window, one of the members came up with the most brilliant idea. Or so we thought it was. “Hyung, let’s watch a movie. There is nothing else to do on this night.” Dongwoon is who started all of it. His idea spread like a wildfire.

“Do you have any specific movie in mind?” Doojoon asked.

"I was thinking... Horror theme?" Yoseob chimed in.

"No... I don't like horror movies." Kikwang has a unsatisfied look on his face. I knew that Kikwang had a big fear. He usual woke up in cold sweats the night we watched a horror movie.

"Okay, since Kikwang doesn't like horror movies, we will watch a horror movie!" I announced. I admit, it was me who diminished the wildfire. I stopped it from getting larger.

"Now, we have to choose a movie...” Hyunseung added.

"How about 'The Ring'?" Dongwoon always wanted to watch that movie. Everyone knew the basic concept except for him.

I heard a sigh come out of Kikwang. "I guess I'll just head to bed then." He slowly got off the wooden floor. He waved his goodbyes to us and vanished into our dark hallway.

"Aw... Now we aren't all together." Yoseob frowned. "It would've been nice for all of B2ST to be together tonight. How often does it ever really happen?" He let out a half hearted smile. "I guess we will just have to wait for another day."

The rest of us nodded in unison. B2ST usually has been too busy to ever meet each other. The only way we ever connected lately was through messaging or phone calls. We didn't even have time to video chat. We cherished the moments where we were a whole again.

"I found the disk." Hyunseung held the box in the air. The plastic covering on the box reflected the moon's light in my eyes. I could barely make out the name. "Hyunseungie... That isn't the right movie. You have 'The Vow'." I chuckled. "Yah, can't you read?"

"Oh did I really? This is embarrassing." He went back into our stack of movies searching for the right movie. After a couple of minutes, with the help of Yoseob, they found the movie. With their speed, I felt as if I may have fallen asleep waiting. The fatigue I held inside was slowly catching up to me.

"Hurry and put the movie in." I exclaimed. "I'm falling asleep." I let out small snores. I heard a mummble come out of Yoseob, but I couldn't understand it.

"Okay, it's done. We can watch the movie!"

On the screen, we watched every little gruesome scene there was. The worst part of all of this was, we had nowhere to hide. We each had to face the hard fact; we were watching the whole movie. From the every first second to the very last. I couldn’t help but cringe towards the end of the movie. When she crawled out the screen, I literally wanted to curse out in fright. Each one of us were glued to the screen. Our eyes couldn’t abandon it. Even once the movie was done, no one dared to move. The tension was too great. Any sudden noise would make us jump.

*Ring Ring*

I screamed. Simple as that. The rest of the members jumped. We were all hesitant to picking up the phone. Just like the movie, you received a phone call saying you only had 7 days left to live. I knew it was just a movie and fictional, but for some odd reason, I was still afraid. I slowly slid towards the phone since I knew no one else would pick it up.

“Hello?” I whispered. The other side rung silent. “Hello?”

“Yah! Junhyung-ah, why are you whispering?” I heard G.O.’s voice at the end of the receiver.

“Oh, G.O.” My heart rate lowered down. I felt piece inside. “Sorry. We just watched a horror movie. What do you need?”

“Ah, nothing really. I just needed someone to talk to. Lately Joon hasn’t been like his usual self.” I heard him sigh. “Ever since he started dating, he hasn’t been to talk to.”

“Is that how it is?” I chuckled. “You sound just like a girl right now. Let’s hang out tomorrow, okay? I promise I’ll be better than Joon with talking.”

I heard him laugh. “Okay. I’ll come at 2 in the afternoon.”


I let out a small laugh thinking back at those times. I, truly, was afraid for once that day. It may seem silly, but if you were with us, you wouldn’t be laughing all too hard. I looked for one last time, and turned my back to the living room. I walked out the door and locked it. We were finally departing. This felt like growing up for a second time.

“Hyung! I can’t wait to see the new house. I heard there will be 3 rooms. We won’t all sleep in one room anymore!” Yoseob leaped in excitement. He continued speaking to me.

I nodded to every word he said. He kept speaking about how he heard all these rumors about our new house, trying to evoke my excitement. Truthfully, I didn’t care what the new house would look like. In the end, B2ST is barely ever at home anymore. We all have to go attend our schedule there is no more point. The only real time a dorm was needed was when we were still rookies.

“Hyung, are you paying attention?” He looked into my eyes seriously.

“Sorry, what were you saying?”

“What ever happened to Jiyeon? I never see her anymore.”

I stared into his eyes. I wonder why he suddenly questioned me like this. However, it didn’t matter. It was better for me to not understand.


“I don’t know, it’s not my problem.”



Jiyeon’s POV

Trying to get Hyomin to stop working as hard was definitely a challenge. You would think an idol wants rest over hours of training, but Hyomin was not like that. She constantly ran into the practice room while I went to the restroom. It was as if she was dating the practice room.

“Hyomin! Stop working so hard. You just got out the hospital. Take advantage of this and rest.” I whined to her.

“I can’t. I missed out on too many activities over the past six months. I have to make it up.” She continued to walk for the practice room.

“What about us spending quality time? I miss those moments too!”

“We can do that after. I really need to do this. Why are you trying to prevent me from working?” She tried to speed her walking pace.

“I’m not trying to stop you. I just really missed you!” I ran up to her and placed my arms around her. “Hyomin-ah, why are you dejecting my love?” I faked cried.

“I’m not. I just... really cannot afford to seem as if I’m still sick. Don’t you know our company? They aren’t afraid to remove us. If I can’t act perfectly fine, then my career is over.” She tried to remove my arms from her body.

Instead of coming up with another excuse, I just stood there. Like an idiot, I stood in the same place watching her walk away. I knew the companies plans, I couldn’t let it happen. Not to Hyomin. I’d rather it be me over her. Yet, they would never allow that to happen. I was the main income of T-ara fans, followed after by Eunjung. They wouldn’t care. Hyomin was just their doll to play with until they finally wore it down. Once it was tattered, destroyed, and broken, they would just find a new replacement.

 

---------


“Ah Joon, let’s go somewhere. I really need to relax my mind.” I laid my head on his shoulder.

I felt his hand pat my head. “Okay, tell me where and I’ll take you.” He continued to play around with my hair.

“I want to go to somewhere I can just be free. Somewhere there is no one except us. I want to relax. Can you find a place like that?” I looked up to his face.

“A place with like that...” He sat there silently for a moment. “Okay, I know where to bring you!” He held my arm and started walking.


We walked through open gates. Here, it was completely empty. No one except workers stood there. “Joon, where is this?”

“Ah, it’s Lotte World. Can’t you tell?”

“How is it so empty?” I walked forward looking for any sign of people.

“Well, MBLAQ reserved this section for later today. Since it’s not time for us to film here yet, that park is all ours.” He gave me a cheeky smile.

“Really? No jokes?” My excitement peaked.

“Ani... no joke. We have several hours to run around. First, however, I have something to show you.” He grabbed my head and started to run towards the merry-go-round. The scenery here was beautiful. There were plants, but not too many. The music played loudly.

“Okay, here it is! Look at the wall.” I turned my head around and say this beautiful painting. There were angels floating in the sky with a staircase leading up.

“Joon... This is incredible.” I smiled and continued to look at the painting.

“...When I return, I’m going to draw a picture here and give it to you as a gift. A world with no sadness, no separation, and no pain… Heaven.” Joon recited. He turned over and faced me. “Can you believe this is where the drama was actually filmed? It’s still so unbelievable to me.”

“Is this where it really was filmed?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. “Lies... It can’t be.” I started to look around. All the rides were in the same place as the drama. I vividly remembered each of the scenes in my mind. “Wow... jjinja... I can’t believe this.”

Stairway to Heaven was one of my favorite dramas. It was probably one that I cried the most to. I really can’t believe Joon took me to where it was filmed years ago. I can’t come to imagine this is where Kwon Sangwoo stood alongside Choi Jiwoo. There were a few of my inspirations to pursue in acting. I felt as if the world was spinning. This couldn’t possibly be reality, could it?

“Did you purposely plan this out?” I joked.

“Ani... Its just so happened to be a coincidence.” He chuckled.

I placed my arms around his waist. “Gomawo Joon.” We stood in silence for a couple of minutes.



“If I go to heaven, I’ll truly be able to love you. Because there’s only love there. So this is the beginning of our beautiful love affair.”

“Then that means our love begins now.”

 

-----

 A/N: I got to change fonts! YAY ~ It seems as if now I have to transfer my writing from Google Docs onto Word before I paste it into the text box... All this work. However, it is worth it ^^

 

Alright, now, time for the hard truth. I'm extremely sorry. I have neglected this story for too long. I will try very hard to update this story sooner. (Watch it be really late...) I guarntee that in the summer I will update more frequently. I'm currently in the mist of my senior activies, so please be understanding. Anyways, I hope everyone had a great memorial weekend (if you are in the USA) and I hope you like this chapter.

---

PS- I'm starting to write another story. A change from the usual Jiyeon x Junhyung however. It will be Hyomin's story this time. It is currently in the process of being written. Hopefully in the summer it will be launched. As for now, I'll put up a teaser with a poster ^^ (Sorry, it isn't the best, but I honestly tried...) 

 

 

Please comment, subscribe, etc. ~ Don't be shy!