Chapter 14

Sun, Please Shine Again

Junhyung's POV

"Yah, today was really the best." Yoseob walked back into the dorm. He laid across the floor spreading his whole body out.

"Ah, was it really that fun?" I was busy at the moment. B2ST is preparing for their comeback and I'm in charge of composing a song. I was determined to make it even better than 'Freeze'. I wanted it this time to be a soulful, sorrow ballad. However, I had no idea what would make it unique.

"Ah, if only you would've come. I'm sure that Hyomin would've been fine." He looked over towards me. "What have you been doing all day?" He got off the floor and looked over my shoulders.

"Yah! Don't spoil it for yourself." I closed the laptop screen and turned to face him. "Don't you know to mind your business?"

"Ah, come on hyung. You didn't even have anything composed." He let out a sigh. "What's up with you lately?"

I stared at him puzzled. "What are you implying?"

"You've been moody lately. You're starting to make me worried. It seems as if you've become more sensitive to what everyone is saying." He let out a huff of air. "If something is wrong just say it."

I knew what he was talking about, yet, I couldn't let myself face it. It was something I never wanted to admit to myself. "I have no idea what you're talking about Yoseob."

"Hyung! You know exactly what I'm talking about. I can see it in your eyes." His voice was stern. "Why can't you just admit it to yourself. Do you think hiding will do anything?"

"Hiding from what? I told you, I don't know what you are talking about!" My eyes furrowed closer together. I scoffed. "What makes you think I know about myself less than you? Can't you tell I don't know?"

"DAMN IT YONG JAESOON. Stop with all the bull you are pulling! You know you miss Jiyeon." I knew he was serious this time. Yoseob never called me by my birth name unless he meant what he was saying.

"I don't miss her." I spoke in a monotone voice. I had no interest in fighting with him any longer. "It's less to my concern whether she exists or not. It doesn't matter. It's all the same." I knew that was all lies.

"So you mean to say, if Joon stays with Jiyeon from now until then, you won't care? If she completely forgot about you, it wouldn't matter?" He took a pause. "Are you insane? You know that isn't what you want."

"I WANT TOO MUCH, ALRIGHT? Everything I want is something I can't reach. What's the purpose of trying when all that happens is failure?" I took a deep breath.

"Why should I even bother?"

Yoseob stood there silently for a while. I just stared out the window. Without me knowing, the rain began to pour again. It's ironic how the rain always seems to come when I have to admit something to myself. The first day, the day I left Jiyeon. The second day, the day Jiyeon left me. Today, I admitted I need Jiyeon.

"Yah, Yong Jaesoon, are you just going to let him get away with the girl you love?" his voice was more sincere, yet it still had an edge to it. "Is it really possible for you to give up on someone you love? To give up everything you had before. To just throw it away? Wouldn't that be a waste?"

I sat there replying his words in my mind. Until sunrise, I still sat in the exact position. His words made me feel conflicted. I ultimately knew in the end, however, he was correct. I couldn't just push Jiyeon further away from me. I needed to bring her closer once again.
 

Jiyeon's POV

After that night, more instances occurred in which I was harassed by Hyuna. Often when there weren’t many people, she would walk up to me hit my back. Other times, she bumps into me, causing me to drop all that I was holding. What I really didn’t understand was how she even knew where I was all the time. Did she have nothing better to do with her life?

I tried to be the bigger person to each situation, but it was starting to get out of hand. If I encountered her again, I wonder if I would be able to keep my mouth closed. I probably would have to... consider everyone thinks T-ara is “rude”. Why bother fighting with a girl who has a large fanbase, right?

I let out a sigh. “Ah, Joon, come and rescue me, won’t you?”

“Oh, did I hear someone call my name?” I turned around to his voice. “Jiyeon-ah, what’s wrong? You can tell me.” Joon sat next to me, gently placing my head onto his lap.

“It’s really nothing.” I let out a fake smile. I didn’t want him to get into my problems. It would be too much of a burden on his side, being friends with Hyuna and everything.

“Are you sure?” He pushed strands of my hair away from my eyes. “You know I will always help you, don’t you?”

“Of course I know that. But, it really isn’t anything that important.” I got up from his lap and stood up straight. “Let’s go eat!”

“Aigoo, all you want to do is eat. Why are you like that?” He laughed and jokingly pushed my head.

“You know you love that about me.” I stuck out my tongue and interlocked our fingers. “Now, let’s stop complaining and eat, alright?” Our arm swung back and forth as we walked.

 

-----



“What do you mean Hyomin?” I refused to make eye contact with Hyomin.

“You have to tell him Jiyeon. Being harassed by Hyuna isn’t worth it. Think about yourself.” She kept repeating over and over. “Look at me while I’m talking Jiyeon!”

“You know, you’re really sounding like my mother.” I let out a little laugh. “Just... just be my sister. Don’t try to pull off the role as my mother. I’m old enough to make my own decisions.”

“If you were old enough, wouldn’t you know that you are making the most irresponsible choice? Why would you cause yourself to be in more danger?” She let out a sigh. “Telling him isn’t even all that horrible.”

“Do you honestly think he will believe Hyuna did such a thing? Not a chance at all.” I continued to move back and forth in our room, trying to keep myself busy.

“Why wouldn’t he believe you? You are his girlfriend, aren’t you?”

“Girlfriend means nothing over his best friend. Wouldn’t you believe your best friend over your boyfriend?” I asked her.

“No... why should I? You need to always trust your partner.” I knew it wouldn’t work. Hyomin trusted Wooyoung with her life. I would too if I was with him.

“That was a bad example... but still. Best friends are the second most important people after your family.”

“You’ll never know unless you try Jiyeon.” She kept trying to persuade me. She knew deep down that it wouldn’t work, being as stubborn as I am.

“Why should I bother? I told you a thousand times, it’s no use.” I sat on my bed and fell backwards. My head bounced on the mattress.

“If you don’t I will.” Hyomin’s voice began sharp.

“Don’t do that unnie. Just let it be.” I let out a deep breath.

“I can’t just let you get hurt on my watch. I want you to be safe Jiyeon.” She paused. “This wouldn’t have happened if you were with Junhyung.” Hyomin mumbled.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing.” She lied.

“No, I heard something. Say it out loud.” I got up and stared at her now.

“Nothing. I told you, it’s nothing.”

“What lies. I can read right through you. Just say what you said.” I folded my arms across my chest.

“Alright, do you really want to know? I said none of this would have happened if you were with Junhyung.” She made a face. “Little brat.” She chuckled.

“Yah! Why would you think of me and Junhyung? I told you not to ever mention us together again.” I didn’t have much against him. Actually, that’s a lie. I despised him. He, honestly, shouldn’t even be associated with me any longer. I wouldn’t mind anyone else, but being paired together with him made me want to vomit.

“You know that you miss those times. You were never harassed under his care.” I knew she meant what she said. Although she acted as if she accepted Joon, she still always prefered with with Junhyung. Why? I wouldn’t know that answer, now would I?

“Please, just leave my love affairs to myself. I know how to handle it. As much as I appreciate you worrying, don’t stress yourself over me.”

“Alright, fine. I will stop. But just remember, I will be there if you need me. When you are all alone, with nowhere to go, remember I will always be there for you. My bestie, I will always help you follow the path that is best for you. Trust me. I won't let you down.”

“Why are you suddenly saying that Hyomin-ah? Aish, you’re so weird.” I let out a small laugh. When I looked up at her, I saw her slightly smile. “Thank you unnie. It means a lot.” I smiled back at her.

“There’s no need to thank me.” She walked over and patted my head. “Think about what I’ve said alright?” With those last words, she left our room.

I sat on the floor. I thought back to all Hyomin has told me. With a few simple words, I found a deeper meaning. Hyomin was really right. I couldn’t protect someone with my own life. When everything is weighed and measured, my safety should be top priority. Yet, at the same time, I couldn’t bear to think of how Joon will respond.

“Maybe, I should just keep it a secret a little longer?” I sat and thought of the consequences. “Ani, I can’t do that. I know what I must do.”

 

-----

A/N: So, I'm really, really late on getting the chapter updated. It's a little shorter than usual, but I will reassure you, school ends on Monday for me. So, from then on, I can work on this story much more! I hope that you enjoy the chapter, as well as the story. I promise to work harder from now on! Please forgive me.

 

Comment & Subscribe!