Chapter 17

Sun, Please Shine Again

Junhyung's POV

I admit, when she left me at the cafe it did hurt. Being rejected, it was a pain I will never get use to. But, I was, in the end, correct. Everything I've ever truly wanted, truly disired, I would never get. Only once did I actually get what I wished for, but in the end, it was me who ruined it. I was the one to let her slip away without even thinking of it. It would be most logical for me to quit at this moment, wouldn't it? But simply, I can't. As I said at the cafe, I'd wait for her no matter how long it takes. I will never give up on her. That is just something I cannot afford. It would probably hurt more to give up than to just be rejected tens of thousands of times. I never will give up on Park Jiyeon. She is like a drug I cannot stop taking. She's the muse to every song I compose. She's what keeps my heart beating day by day.

Thinking back, this is what people would call love, is it not? The feeling that you cannot live without someone. The feeling of being addicted to them. When they are with someone rather than you, you feel jealousy eat you alive. That is what people call 'true love' isn't it? Well if that's the case, love . However, if someone ever asked me which life I would rather live, a life with love or a life without love, my answer is simple. No matter what the situation is, I'd rather live my life with pain, knowing about the emotion love, rather than life my life painless. So, I guess you can consider me addicted. I, Yong Jaesoon, am addicted to this emtion called love.

 

"Hyung! How did it go?" Yoseob questioned the instance I opened the door. He climbed over the sofa, grabbing onto my arm. His eyes desired an answer that instant. And, it begged for details.

"It didn't go." I boldly stated.

He released my arms and slowly sat back down on the sofa. "What do you exactly mean by, 'it didn't go'?"

"Rejection. Again." Those were the only two words I said before I left him on the couch. What more did he expect? It's not like I'm someone girls would go jumping buildings for. I'm not handsome. I'm nothing really special compared to others. I was simply just an average person next to her. 

As I sat on the bed, I couldn't help but wish I could cry. Crying supposedly makes pain go away faster. If you cry it out then and there, the pain leaves quicker, rather than when you bottle it up. But as I said, what I want never happens. I cannot simply cry on the command. I am one to hold on the pain. I yearn for the day I either forget, or when I can no longer feel the pain. I let it become accustomed to me, yet, it still always feels like a fresh new cut when it arrives. 

I sighed and slapped the bed. "Go away." I whispered to myself. "I hate this feeling. Just go away."

 

---

 

I woke up the next day feeling the exact same way I felt when I fell asleep. Hurt. You would think the pain goes away when you sleep, but guess what... that only happens in fairytales. The real world, it's just pure pain. You learn to live with it when you're like me though, so that's fine. When I got out of bed, my head hurt. The pain felt as if two metal plates were being pushed together against my head. I wanted to scream from the feeling, but I held it inside.

I walked to the bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet. I looked for the right pills to take. Maybe the painkillers were get rid of more than just my headache... at least that's what I hoped for. But, I knew I would only dream for such a thing to happen. I took a pill and popped it into my mouth. I walked out to the kitchen and got a cup. I filled it with tap water and swallowed the pill. The effect of the pill wasn't strong enough to get rid of both pains. I knew wishing for such a thing was too much to ask for. I guess I'll just settle for one though.

"Hyung?" I heard a quiet voice from behind.

I turned around to find a half sleeping Yoseob behind me. "Yoseob, why are you up so early?"

"Hyung... let's do something later, alright?" He tried to open his eyes. "We should get rid of your pain."

I knew I needed to lie for Yoseob. I didn't want to burden him with my problems. "I'm not in pain. Go back to sleep." I forced a smile and messed with his hair.

"Lies." He started to rub his eyes. "I heard your small whimpers last night."

"Whimpers? I didn't do that at all last night." I didn't know what he was hearing. I couldn't even recall this myself.

"You were crying." He yawned, but kept speaking. "It was in your sleep... I heard it so I went to check on you." He paused for a moment. Sleep was threatening to catch him again. "You... you were unconcious." He walked up to the couch and sat down, making himself feel comfortable in the chair.

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming?"

"Hyung. Did you look at the mirror this morning? Even when I'm half asleep I can see your eyes are blood red and there are tear stains." He sighed.

I felt underneath my eyes. He was right. I felt the tried up tears on my skin. I ran into the bathroom. My eyes were still red from crying. How was it possible? I don't even remember having a dream last night. Was the pain really that hard for me to bare? Did it actually make me finally... crack?

"Hyung... where do you want to go?" I heard him scream from the sofa.

"I don't know. Anywhere I guess." Maybe Yoseob was right. I needed a small break before I came back for Jiyeon. If I can get myself together, maybe I can come back as a better man for her.

I'm not saying I'm giving up. I'm just saying that I'm going to take a little time to pick myself up from the ground and change myself. Maybe I have been losing to Joon this whole time since I have presented myself in a way much less than a gentleman. But, it's all about to change. Park Jiyeon, watch out. I'm changing just for you.

 

Jiyeon's POV

"Jiyeon, you can't go." Hyomin's voice was stern.

"Why can't I go to MBLAQ's apartment? Joon is my boyfriend... what's so wrong?" I complained.

"I don't like the fact that you are going to his apartment." She replied with much more force. 

"We can't even do anything naughty. You shouldn't worry. Everyone else from MBLAQ will be there. I'll be perfectly safe." I tried to convince her.

"Jiyeon. Please, just listen to me this once. It's better this way." Her voice trailed off.

"How is it better? Shouldn't I become closer to Joon's members?" I couldn't understand her logics at all. Not at the moment. 

"Why do you have to resent so much? You should be listening to you elder!" She bit her lips.

"Elder? By a few years. You're not my mother, father, or grandparent. You're just like my sibling. Please, stop taking on more than one role at a time. You'll tire youself out." I held onto her hands. "Unnie, just trust me for once."

"It's not that I don't trust you. I just don't... I don't trust what he will do." She darted her eyes away.

"Unnie! I said it before, we won't do anything immature. I can reassure you that." 

"You don't understand Jiyeon. I'm just trying to keep you away from anymore harm." She caressed my cheeks. "I can't let you be harmed again. It's my responsibility to take care of my members." 

"Unnie, how many times do I need to tell you that everything will be alright? Joon isn't going to harm me." I tried to send her a smile of reassurance, but she wouldn't buy it.

"I'm sorry Jiyeon, but I simply can't accept you going there." She made it clear that was it.

"I'm sorry Hyomin, but I guess I will be going against what you say this time. I'm old enough to make my own decisions. I'm going, whether you agree or not." with that, I left Hyomin to be alone, drowning in disbelief of what I've just done.

I know, I will regret doing that later. But, as of this moment, there was nothing and no one who could change my mind. I may have been rather bold, but I have my mind set on going and I won't change my mind.

 

---

 

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo." I politely smiled.

"Jiyeon, we've been waiting for you." Joon took my hand and walked me into their dorm. "Sorry if it's still a little messy. We did try to clean it the best we could."

"Oh, it's fine. It doesn't even look that messy." I could sense he was nervous, but I didn't see why he would be at all. It should be me who is nervous, shouldn't it? 

"Oh, Jiyeon, you're here! It's nice seeing you after a long time." A mature voice called out after me. I turned around and saw G.O. He stood there with a smile and waved at me. "It's nice to finally be able to spend time with you."

"Likewise." I smiled back.

In a matter of seconds I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders. "Jiyeon, guess who!" I let out a chuckle.

"Mir, why are such a child?" I turned around to see him smiling ear to ear. 

The rest of the members greeted in afterwards, as did I. Each of the member had a unique charm that made them have a different feeling from one another. Seungho had a mature, fatherly feeling when you were around him. It seemed as if he was someone you could trust to always be by your side when you were in need of someone. Mir, without a doubt, was the child in the family. Cheondung had a cold, mysterious appearance at the beginning, but later it turned into a sweet, boy-next-door sort of appearance. G.O was like a brother you wished you could have. Then, there is Joon. He is probably the 'Pabo Resident' of MBLAQ. 

"Jiyeon-sshi, is there anything you would like to do?" G.O asked.

"There really isn't anything, you can just continue as you were." I smiled. 

"How about... karaoke?" Joon suggested. 

"Oh, that would be fun. Let's do that!" Mir chimed in.

"I'm alright with it." Cheondung added.

"So, I guess I'll just go as well." Seungho said.

With that, it was decided. We were all going out to karaoke. I wonder how this was all going to turn out. It should be fun to listen to, shouldn't it? Considering we all are idols. We at least know the basics to singing. I was, for the most part, anticipating a lot from MBLAQ with karaoke. If I had to choose one member, I'd say I want to hear G.O the most out of the members. Listening to his songs, they always just sound perfect. He had a sweet voice that you could fall asleep to.

Once we arrived at the karaoke bar, all the members went absolutely wild. Mir was jumping up and down, all over the walls, others screamed, and the rest ran around. Joon and I were the only one who kept our sanity. Interesting, right? Joon looked away from me, biting his lower lip. He must've been embarassed by s.

"Joon, let's get drinks." I locked my hands with his.

"But you're still underage." He looked concern. "You can't drink."

"I never said I was going to. We just need to keep everyone... happy?" I gave a cheeky laugh.

"Alright, but if you complain you want, I will hurt you." He faked a punch.

"Arraso oppa... I understand." I pouted. 

As Joon and I came back with the drinks, we saw each of the members sitting watching each other sing. They already ordered multiple trays of food. We haven't even been in our booth for 10 minutes and yet it was as if we were there for over an hour. It was incredible, the mess they produced... there was really no way to describe it. But, what could you expect from boys their age?

"Oh, look! Joon and Jiyeon are back!" Mir shouted. Everyone looked over to see Joon and I carrying bottles of beer into the room.

"Ah, Jiyeon drinks? I thought she was too young." Seungho questioned.

"Ani, this isn't for me. I wanted to buy them for you." I hand them out.

"Aigoo, you treat us so well Jiyeon. It's as if you're our little sister already." G.O laughed as he took a sip of his drink.

After several hours, more trays of food came and was piled onto the mess. They got more beer until each one of them was completely drunk. The room, forunately, did not have the scent of alcohol however. There was only two people not drunk in that room. Me and Seungho. Seungho refused to drink too much, as his body didn't handle alcohol too well. He also said he needed to make sure everyone would get home safely. It was his duty as their leader wasn't it?

As for me, everyone already knows. I'm underage so I can't even take a small sip without getting into trouble. Besides that, I am not one who favors alcohol much. The taste was disgusting and it was dense. I wasn't use to it. So, it never actually crossed my mind I was being left out or to even bother asking for a small taste.

Suddenly, I felt someone lean their head onto my shoulder. I looked over to see a drunk Joon staring into my eyes. I couldn't help myself but smile.

"Jiyeon-ah... why are you here?" He smiled at me. 

"What do you mean? I came for you pabo." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Didn't she stop you?" His eyes slowly battered up and down.

"Who?" I thought back and could only remember Hyomin trying to stop me. Was he possibly talking about her?

"Hyomin-ah... she doesn't..." His voice trailed off.

"What? She doesn't what?" My voice slowly raised with anticipation.

"Me and you... she doesn't approve." He let out a sigh.

"When was this?" My voice hinted I was slightly hurt.

"Not too long ago. She told me stay away."

My eyes opened wide. Was Hyomin going behind my back and interfering with things that aren't hers to mess with? I was boiling inside. Who did Hyomin think she is? I told her to not tell Joon anything. I could handle it myself. But, I guess she couldn't help herself. It explains why she's all weird now. I guess she finally decided to reveal her true self. 

 

Park Hyomin is a... relationship wreaker.

 

----

A/N: Oh... Jiyeon is not completely understanding Hyomin's position! What is going to happen with their sisterly relationship. Is this possibly the end of them? :O 

 

Haha, sorry for not updating that quickly. Honestly, this was a hard chapter for me... believe it or not. I didn't know where to start off and how to even go after I started it off. But, I have to say, I generally like this chapter. I prefer Junhyung's portion over Jiyeon's (as of Jiyeon I had the most trouble with... haha) due to the fact Junhyung seemed to show himself in a new light. Please anticipate him in the following chapters, as well as Jiyeon, Joon, and Hyomin. I hope that you enjoyed it. I may have went off plot a little, so I deeply apologize.

 

Also, sorry if there are any spelling/grammar mistakes. I didn't check it over... I hope it's all good, or for the most part is. Sorry! T_T

 

Comment & Subscribe

 

PS- DId you notice the new poster & background? I'd like to give a big thanks to Corrupted State of Mind Graphic Request Shop for the amazing artwork. I like it. Do you guys?