Chapter 1

Sun, Please Shine Again

Junhyung POV

“JUNHYUNG OPPA! SARANGHAEYO!”

“OPPA! MARRY ME!”

The shouts were all the same. There never was any difference. All the fans kept cheering and screaming for me, but they never had any different vibe with it. It simply was just everything a fan would tell their bias.

 

Nothing original.

 

Don’t misunderstand me, though. I truly love each and every one of my fans. Without them, who knows who I’d be. They definitely are a big part of my life. It’s just… I wish each fan would scream something more meaningful. Something they actually mean, rather than just scream something everyone would.

“OPPA!  NAN NIGA JAEIL JWOAH!”

I turned my head towards the fans. I saw each of the fans holding up a sign and screaming. I decided to tease the fans and smiled. The reaction was amusing. The screaming all got louder. I decided to go further and I waved to them. After that, I turned my head back around and kept walking towards the exit with the other members.

While walking, I felt someone cling onto my shoulders.

“Hyung! You seem out of it today.”

I looked over my shoulder to see Yoseob laying his head on my shoulders. I let out a little sigh. “Is that so? I feel pretty much the same.”

I heard Yoseob let out a little chuckle. “It’s been 6 months since we were gone and you’re not even the least bit excited?” I felt him let go of his grip on my shoulders. He ran in front of me and turned around staring at me. “Korea! Yang Yoseob is back!” He screamed and ran forward.

I let out a little laugh. “Aish… this kid.” I let out a sigh. “Yah! Yoseob, be careful.” I yelled after him. I took a deep breath. I placed my hand inside my pocket. I felt my hand hit against my phone. I took my phone out of my pocket. I unlocked the screen. There, her picture popped up on my screen. A small smile formed upon my lips without me even noticing.

“I’m back.” I clinched the phone tightly in my hand.

 

Jiyeon POV

“Jiyeon-ah! Palli pa! The members are about to leave without us!” Hyomin rushed me. [Palli pa = Quickly/Hurry up]

“We can leave in the second van. Stop worrying to much.” I dismissed her nagging from my thoughts. I continued to apply my make-up onto my face. “Does this look too unnatural?” I pulled a tissue out from my purse and began to remove the excessive make-up, once again.

“Aish! So frustrating. Why can’t I get this correct?” I threw the tissue out and walked back to the table.

“Jiyeon, did you forget we have to go? It starts in 1 hour.”

“Unnie, just tell them to go ahead. I need to gather up my belongings. We’ll take the second van.” 

I heard Hyomin let out a sigh. “Arraso. I’ll go tell them to leave before us. Quickly leave though! I’ll be waiting in the van.” 

I looked for any of my belongings on top of the make-up table. “I think I have everything. But why does it feel like I’m missing something?” I picked my purse up from the chair when my eyes lay on a phone. “Ah. That’s what I’m missing!” I was about to put it in my purse, but to make sure it was mine, I unlocked the phone. A picture of him popped up. My smile slowly started to fade away. I looked straight into my phone.

“Today was the day you came back, right oppa?” I quickly locked my phone and walked outside the building.

I saw T-ara’s van parked next to the sidewalk. I quickly ran up to it and opened the door. There, Hyomin unnie was already fast asleep in the van. I laughed, a silent laugh. I walked onto the van quietly and closed the door. The car began to move, but Hyomin didn’t move one bit. I took out my phone and took a picture of Hyomin.

“Ah… jjinja.” I laughed and made it my wallpaper. I looked back at Hyomin who was still asleep, ever so sweetly. I placed my hand in the air. “Mianhae unnie.”

After several minutes, the car stopped moving. I looked outside the window to see SBS’s studio right outside. I turned around to Hyomin and began to shake her.

“Wae?” She asked me in a tired tone. 

“We’ve arrived to the studio. Palli pa!” I opened the door and rushed outside. Hyomin followed behind me.

“Don’t walk so fast!” Hyomin nagged me.

“We’re almost late!” I continued to rush into the studios.

Along the way to the studio, I saw a man standing outside. I didn’t give much thought to it though. He must have been an ordinary Korean citizen just stopping by the studio. Only one thing bothered me about him, though. He looked oddly familiar. I quickly dismissed that from my mind once we reached Set Five.

“Hyomin, Jiyeon. Please place these microphones on and sit where your name is. Strong Heart will begin soon.”

The lady left without any more words. I looked to see who already arrived, but before I could finish checking all the seats, IU greeted me.

“Jiyeon!” She ran up to me and hugged me. She pulled me to the seat, which surprising was next to her, and began to talk to me.

We talked for a couple of minutes. I nodded and often said, “Yes” to show I was still listening, but something caught my attention. I kept staring at the unnie from before. This time, she was with a man. That man wasn’t just any man though.

That man was the exact same man from outside. The only thing was I knew him. It wasn’t a stranger or a new idol. He was quite famous, honestly speaking. His fan café was big and he slowly became more popular. Who was it?

 

It was none other than…

 

Junhyung.

 

I must have been staring at him for a while, because he suddenly glanced at me. Our eyes connected for a quick second. I looked away, trying my best to act as if I didn’t see him. I didn’t know if it worked, but when I glanced back at him, he was looking back at the unnie. I let out a sigh and looked back at IU.

 

Junhyung POV

“Place this mic on the collar of your shirt please.”

I took the mic from her hand and put it on my collar.

“Aniya… it’s on wrong. I’ll put it on for you.” She removed the mic and started to place it on again. 

While she was placing the mic on, I felt someone staring at me. I wasn’t sure who it was, but it was an uncomfortable feeling. I looked around the set trying to see who was looking at me.

My eyes paused when I finally found who was looking at me. Her eyes were locked onto mine. What may have only been seconds, felt as if it were minutes, hours, a life time.

“Jiyeon…” I whispered low enough so that only I could hear it.

Her eyes darted away after noticing that I’ve seen her. I let out a little chuckle and looked back at the noona placing the mic onto the shirt. The noona was just about done placing the mic onto my collar. A smile of satisfaction was showing upon her face. [Noona = Older sister]

“Arraso. It’s done. You can sit down where your name is.” [Arraso = Okay/Alright]

I smiled. “Kamsamnida.” I walked away from her and started walking to my seat. [Kamsamnida = Thank you]

Along the way to my seat, I stared at Jiyeon. I didn’t know it was possible, but it seemed as if she has gotten prettier than before. I was about to walk over to her, when suddenly, Yoseob began to call after me.

“Hyung! Where were you? We have two minutes before Strong Heart begins. Come sit down.” He pulled my arm, dragging me over to where I was needed to be.

I let out a little sigh. I honestly, at that moment in time, was truly disappointed. I looked over to Jiyeon. She was laughing her cute little way.

“Jiyeon-ah… wae ireoni?” I whispered to myself. [Wae Ireoni = Why are you being like this?]

The staff started to quiet down all the idols. “Can everyone please listen? We will now begin the filming.”

The filming felt like forever. No matter how much I wanted to stare at Jiyeon, I simply couldn’t. “When will the filming end?” I asked myself. Suddenly, the MC started to ask a question.

 

A question directed to Jiyeon.

 

“Jiyeon-sshi. Let’s see what you wrote on your board.”

“Ah, dae. It says, ‘Wae Ireoni… Na mi chyuh gan da'."

“This seems like there will be an interesting story behind it. Jiyeon-sshi, can you tell us the story that goes along with this?”

“Dae. There was an oppa, right? So, it’s been a while since I’ve known him. He was a good friend of mine, but slowly, our feelings grew. He grew to the extent where we began to start dating. Meanwhile dating him, I was very joyous. He was the one who has taught me the true meaning of love. He introduced me to a world where there was nothing, but pure joy. But, he was also the person who has taught me the meaning of hatred. He introduced me to the world where I felt as if I was stuck with no where else to go. It was very scary for me. Because of him… I’m highly confused with everything. He is making me go crazy! Na mi chyuh gan da!"

“Is that so? Aigoo, poor Jiyeon. I hope that guy gets punished for the pain he has given you. This definitely makes you the idol with the strongest heart.”

“Ah! Jjinja?” She gave a cheeky smile and laughed.

 

 

I sat there the whole time… listening to her talk about…

 

 

Me. 

 

---

A/N: Hello everyone! So, this is the first installment for, "Sun, Please Shine Again"! I hope everyone likes it! Please comment and spread the word! I do read every comment and I will reply most likely. The chapters have become lengthy to make up for how much time I may need to update again due to school... So, please enjoy! I will try my best to update as quickly as possible.

 

I hope this wasn't boring, at any chance. If it was, I'm sorry!  >____< ~

 

Anyways, thank you! Please leave comments, they are deeply appreciated!